KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index
Home - FAQ - Search - Memberlist - Usergroups - Register - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - Log in

CREOLE HIP-HOP (THE YING TO KOMPA'S YANG)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
JCL

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SIROMYEL wrote:
You rap kreyol advocators are asking for co-existence with konpa.

As far as Im concerned they are already co existing.

On the contrary, it is you guys who are trying to shove rap kreyol down people's throats to the detriment of konpa.

Every topic promoting rap kreyol on this board starts with bashing konpa.

Why cant we discuss rap kreyol without down talking konpa... as it was done at the introduction of this topic.

I welcome collabos between konpa and KHH Stars. Why not? It brings something new and fresh.

But I said it before and I said it before... KHH is never ever going to be popular in the states. We are not interested. We have American HIP HOP.

Le nou bezwen tande mizik ayisyen we're not going to put on a KHH track! we're not going to listen to something that soungs like any other american track except for the lyrics. And when we wnat to listen to hip hop... we just turn on the darn radio! it's that simple. KHH Simply doesnt fit in our world.

t's just that simple. Do you think haitans living in latin countries would welcome a haitian artist playing slasa or meringue or bachata? heck no!

KREYOL HIP HOP IS FOR HAITI! And there is nothing wrong with that.

I appreciate the talent of haitian rappers... but their music is not for me.

You can add me to he list, I can not stand that non sense ( RK)

PIYO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I don't think we, Haitian in general (Haiti and Aboard), are rejecting Hip Hop/Rap Kreyol.

Generaly I think we are open to all kind of music.

What I believe Haitians (en general) are afraid of is the lifestyle that the movement is portraying.

Now, guys like Mika and some folks (mostly Haitian American) might face social barrier that might make it harder for them to be at the top in the Rap Kreyol Movement. They have to take that extra step to fully connect with the majority.

PIYO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RenaissanceMan wrote:

although its meregue's offspring...i'm not denying that its haitian

Hip-Hop is a culture..its the clothing, it's the language, it's the style, it's the dance, it's the art

grafiti, breakdance, ebonics, rap & r&B

when i look at a carimi video for example and i see them rocking the same arab scarf that the hip-hop world has made a trend...or the women in a t-ice video like a hip-hop artist in the US would do...or when you got shabba animating (hypeman: like FLAVOR FLAVE was for public enemy)...

and by the way some artist like NELLY, BONE THUGS AND HARMONy and FLOROIDA are very melodic...it's called rap-singing ...just like allot of kompa dudes be doing on their tracks...

i can argue that kompa is hip-hop also or are they imitating...but than again why are they imitating something they claim they don't like and that is not thers. Can one really escape the influence of Hip-hop on the world?....Should i say more..

I think that quote alone says a lot.

DJ Kreyol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a novel idea....

Maybe MOST of Kreyol Hip-Hop sucks.

I mean seriously.

Is this idea so IMPOSSIBLE to fathom?

C'mon...

RenaissanceMan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ Kreyol wrote:
Here is a novel idea....

Maybe MOST of Kreyol Hip-Hop sucks.

I mean seriously.

Is this idea so IMPOSSIBLE to fathom?

C'mon...

do this for me please! go on youtube:

Look up G BOBBY BON FLO: ROULE MIZIK MWEN
look up POU SA CHANJE
look up MONEY MIKE: J'EN AI MARRE
also look up SECA KONSA: KWE LI
AND BENCHOUMY: NOU LA

listen to each track and than post your comment...

personally i dont listen to 90% of kreyol hip-hop..cuz most of them wack..but there are some artists that be killing it..raw..sky'z da limit and VDC be doing there thing...i'm all about lyrical content so ..im very critical

DJ Kreyol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RenaissanceMan wrote:

personally i dont listen to 90% of kreyol hip-hop..cuz most of them wack..l

END OF THREAD

RenaissanceMan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ Kreyol wrote:
RenaissanceMan wrote:

personally i dont listen to 90% of kreyol hip-hop..cuz most of them wack..l

END OF THREAD

But i support the movement 200% and look forward to hear the great ones and whoever's willing to deliver heat...i'm not racist (LOL)when it comes down to music genres...i listen to eveyrthing..as long as its good...and by the way..kreyol hip-hop will get better in time. because they are hungry and they have allot to prove..as oppose to kompa

Mizikamort

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is simple, I listen to rap kreyol, but I am not gonna buy it.
Why would I support rap kreyol when I can listen to Jay Z, Nas, Jada Kiss and so on with good flow.

Why would I support rap kreyol when some Haitian rappers are trying to speak English with a Jamaican accent. It really gets on my nerve when they do that.

I listen to it, I appreciate a few tracks, but the movement does not worth my money.

We just cannot identify ourselves to it. I do try, but I still can't. That's it.

OZ'MOSIS

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should understand that Creole Hip Hop is never going to be embraced by typical Compas fans, which is not a problem because that will stop the influence of the movement; furthermore, people should have the right to like whatever they desire. However, it’s problematic when some you are saying that the majority of Creole Hip Hop is garbage and unoriginal. To me, there’s as garbage in Creole hip hop as there is in Compas; Compas is as unoriginal as Creole hip-hop is. Compas was not Creole created from scratch. Compas is simply a slower version of Meringue and Salsa with a few added elements. And Compas artists and musician continue to steal other people’s music without giving credit and continue to follow trends that were not set by others…And the majority of people who are saying that Creole hip hop garbage are people who don’t even listen to Creole Hip hop or listen to very limited raps in Creole. How can you judge something you barely know?

Some say, “Why should I listen to Creole hip hop when I can listen to Jay’z, Nas, Kanye etc.”?

Well, are these rappers rapping about what’s going on in the Haitian community? Are they glorifying, humanizing, and promoting the Haitian culture?

Sky’z Da Limit, for example writes music that promotes progressive change and raise awareness in the Haitian community, music that promotes the message of hope in the Haitian community, now aren’t these positive things? When we asked a profound question like; “Ki yes ki responsab”, isn’t that courageous of us to do? When we challenge people to “met men”, isn’t that humane? When we envision of a “Nouvel Ayiti”, isn’t that a positive hope?

It’s understandable that some of you guys will never understand the meaning of these contents because you were born and raised here and never experienced or witnessed real poverty, injustice, killing, political violence, political decapitation, constant unrest and political turmoil in a country; however, people who grew up in our little corrupt land, Haiti, can understand the meaning of these songs. I think a lot of you are so out of touch because things are great for you; you’re in the wealthiest country in the world and you haven’t seen people suffering; you don’t have any extended families in Haiti that are poor….

I’m saying all that because struggle is what Creole Hip hop represents; the majority of Creole hip hop music is about what’s going on the Haitian community. Therefore, if someone cares about the Haitian community, he or she should appreciate and respect the movement. You don’t have to love it, but don’t bash it or boycott it. You don’t have to stop listening to your Compas, but stop making your unfit comparisons and belittling the Creole hip hop movement. If you want to be critical of Creole Hip-hop, be as critical to Compas or other genres.

But, I’m glad we’re having this discussion here on a Compas forum and it’s great to read the input of every one who participated…including my boy Dj Kreyol who asked some critical questions……

It's your boyyyyyyyy....lol...

XXplosive

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The djaspora is no tot blame, they are not as expose to hip hop kreyol as we are in Haiti. People overseas are tuning on hot 97 when they are tired of their regular cds.....How many legal and popular radio with great shows that we have in the states? very few. In haiti there a re plenty of radio and show to expose Rap Kreyol. We can't blame them for rap reyol not being huge in the States.
It's like french Hip hop which i think is amazing. Some huge rappers like Mc Solaar and IAM were able to collaborate with hip hop giants like Missy Elliot and Wu Tang Clan but they never achieve success in the States. Even when Mc Solaar has his song featured in the last episode of Sex and The City(La Belle Et Le Bad Boy), it did very little for his status in the States and in France and Europe, he is considered like a giant, a legend.

We're talking about collabo with kompa singers i think it's a good idea but it's not gonna make a huge difference if these rap kreyol dudes don't find means to promote themselves overseas. Fefe had a good gig with Ti Joe in Ayiti Deplogue, a lot of people started paying attention, some of his songs were featured on KM but where is Fefe now? The follow up wasn't done properly so he got forgotten...the djaspora is not to blame in this one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: