KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index
Home - FAQ - Search - Memberlist - Usergroups - Register - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - Log in

CARL FRED DROPS A NOTE ABOUT POSSIBILITY OF DEGA'S RETURN!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:27 am    Post subject: CARL FRED DROPS A NOTE ABOUT POSSIBILITY OF DEGA'S RETURN! Reply with quote

I did NOT see this note in the "DEGA...WE MISS YOU POST" until I was reading the board just now. What a pleasant surprise from DEGA founder/Leader/Maestro/Vocalist/Keyboardist/Composer CARL FRED BEHRMANN. Read it below

CARL FRED: "Hey guys,

As you can see I haven't been a good KM member as I don't come and write as often as I would like. I have been busy at work and with music.

I thank everyone for the comments on Dega and I am sure everyone knows how it misses me and I much I would do it all over again in a split second. I wish things had turned out different for Dega. I always put my heart and soul into that band.

Today I have been working really hard with many young talented artists and also on my solo project. The first completed project is Don Dodo. This project is in Philippe Lavelanet's hands since November and he is choosing which is the best time to drop the album. I will send Pat the album cover. Second project is an artists called "Jean Bernaard Thomas". This has to be my favorite project ever. This guy can sing, he has a UNIQUE voice and is extremely versatile. He is on the Alo Haiti project and we are already on 7 tracks complete. The album is a mixed a World, Roots, and a small bit a One Drop reggae. There is even a House track that both Jb thomas and myself sing on it.

My solo project is on 5 tracks so far. Mid-Tempo Kompa tracks as well as different World beats. I am having a lot of fun and can't wait to release the project. After karnaval 2008 everyone can expect a single and video from me. After the album is out we will see if a Dega reunion tour/solo album tour can be put together.

Once again thanks for the supportive words. We will see each other soon.

CF

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple of Questions

1) Is there NO WAY that you see DEGA coming back on the market WITH YOU in the role that you used to be in, either in a full or part-time role?

2) Why did you choose to do a CARL-FRED solo CD, instead of just a regular DEGA cd, after all, it's basically the same thing, since you wrote all/most of the songs for DEGA.

Thanks

KM!

LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Pat - Could one of the reasons why Carl-Fred chose to do the solo album is there would be less pressure on him if the cd were a success to go on tour IF he packaged the cd under the DEGA name. As a solo artist the onus would be on him to decide if he wanted to play live wherever and whenever but with a group there is more people to consider and more chances of the old issues coming up again. I hope he does some collabos in his next cd, he has a knack for doing duets.

DonGabbana

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KM poze 2 bèl kestyon patikulyèman 2e lan
Repons LK se petèt rezon an men n'ap tann Karl-Fred

BABYFACE

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx for the updates Pat and Carl Fred, i miss DEGA big time.

Btw, kite m fe yon ti tande album lan anko. Laughing

HARMONIKER FOR LIFE

RICKY

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the news that i wanted to hear. I hope Dega can come back on the hmi and give us those nice music. Koule kafe is my favorite.

Haitianone

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dega is a great band got all their stuff and even saw them perform live a couple of times. Mwen swete either him or Lavelanet get stuff out the door. Neg icit la ap souffri anpil. No Zenglen, no Nu Look, and no Dega, thank God for TVice!!!! Laughing Laughing

Sanrick

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never had a chance to see this band live. Therefore Carl-Fred, degage'w kou met Jn Jacques.

Good luck!

naturellecreole

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

an tou ka si dega ta get back on track mwen tap kontan anpil, mwen really miss dega, mwen gen souvenir inoubliable through dega.
map tann dega pou fem revivre les moments. Carl-Fred map tann ou

wilcolas

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am i missing a page in the HMI book? Ki sa Dega fe pou nou sonje Dega kon sa.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: