KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index
Home - FAQ - Search - Memberlist - Usergroups - Register - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - Log in

JOJO LORQUET'S BASH: KM REVIEW & PARTY NOTES!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
kompared

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kote ALEZ77?
Mwen te panse ke gin yon K@K@ ki ta pral voye nan zafer advertising MICKY fullband format sa...
Laughing Laughing

JimBo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kompared wrote:
Kote ALEZ77?
Mwen te panse ke gin yon K@K@ ki ta pral voye nan zafer advertising MICKY fullband format sa...
Laughing Laughing

pa di ayen non blood, ap gi lot bal le bezwin promot Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

mwem bezwin we comma le pwal pase Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Arrow Arrow Arrow

ALEX SE PAM OU YA BUT SAK PASE LA PA BON NON Exclamation Exclamation Wink

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZIN4EVER...I believe that JOJO/EXIT was filming the event. They will be releasing it either on their show, or on video.

KM!

Sanrick

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad Micky did not have enough time to play.

Thanks for the review Pat! Very Happy

jbrandma

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: WEIRD OCCURENCE WITH MICKY ON STAGE WITH PISSED OFF FAN! Reply with quote

kompamagazine wrote:
The same fan that got kicked out because he was upset and almost turned the place upside down, because MICKY did NOT get a chance to play, was actually on stage TRYING TO CONFRONT MICKY a few minutes aearlier.

THE FUNNY THING IS....While the guy (Who seemed to be drunk) was trying to get in Micky's face to confront him for whatever reason, MICKY was not really paying any attention to him because he was pre-occupied with trying to fix something with his keyboard/sound. PLUS, Micky MIGHT have been a bit tipsy, I SAID MIGHT, and that also I believe made him NOT EVEN realize what the guy was trying to do. The funny thing is, while the PISSED OFF FAN was getting all upset trying to get in Micky's face, Micky WAS NOT EVEN LOOKING AT HIM, and he (Micky) put his arm around the guy's neck as if the guy is a LONG LOST PAL/FRIEND while he is trying to resolve the problem.

SECURITY got on the stage real quick when they saw that the guy was trying to engae Micky in a fight, and took him down on the dancefloor. Afew minutes later, he was pleading with Micky "I only came here to see you play man. "SE MICKY MWEN VIN WE", then he shifted his anger looking for Jojo to demand why Micky was not playing. The fan even picked up a chair at one point ready to smash someone with it. That's when security acted quickly, surrounded him, and kicked him out of the venue.

KM!

That is kind of funny, Pat, although also a little scary! Thanks for the review!

lyricina69

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I DONT KNOW WHERE TO START, WHO EVER DID'NT COME HAD A GOOD REASON NOT TO COME, TO ME THIS EVENT WAS HORRIBLE Mad Mad Mad

I REALLY WENT THERE FOR MICKY, BUT ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT I ENJOYED LAUGHING AT JO JO E PA DE MAKAK MERCI TAP FE NON Laughing Laughing Laughing

NICKY AND GEORGY DID THERE THING IT'S SAD TO ADMIT THAT T-VICE DID THERE THING ALSO Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

diasporadyol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the reason it was not packed
was the location of the club
it looked like a craked head area
sorry for my spanish
and the dress code that
the musicians did not respect
was also a cause.
a pa alex77 se te on chanteur Laughing Laughing

JMPerry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bon, the night was pretty chill overall but there were some things advertised that weren't delivered. Shoubou, Alan are some examples and also the flyer stated that it was a 2 stage event. I only saw one stage unless I was missing something. TVice played very well. They were already playing when we got there. They stopped them right before they went into their kanaval set to have the Exit band play. Alex ou pran stage pou ou papa Very Happy . After 2 long hours of good music, they gave the stage to Micky who had his equipment issues and didn't end up playing because of time. Jojo te sou tet jwet it ak tout bweson'l. His party, his anniversary, so he does as he wants right? Sure, but you have to remember you have paying fans in attendance that want to see the performances they paid for. Micky was sent on to setup with no time left and it didn't make any sense. Overall, the vibe was cool. Lots of HMI peeps in attendance. Met and chilled with some cool KM members. After the party was shut down it was hilarious to see this dude go up to Micky PISSED because he (Micky) didn't play, and he picked up a chair and asked for Jojo. Looking to go after him with it I guess? Liquor turns some people into hilarious characters I tell you. One of the security guards made a statement in the lines of "I will swallow this one". He wanted to man handle that dude so much, you can see that in his eyes but hi co-workers didn't let him. Thought something was gonna go down outside the club, but didn't thank god. Happy Anniversary to you Jojo, but I think the next "gala" should be planned a little better.

JMPerry
KePy Records, Inc.
"Raising the Standard"

XXplosive

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reviews and party notes guys. Mwen ta renmen we bagay fanatik sa k'ap di Se Micky li vin we pendant seurite ap bote'l ale Laughing

Alex77

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I got back from NYC yesterday..and was very tired...but of course I had to reply

1. T-Vice performed and Kraze kai la...that was a sure thing...

2. Exit Band came on stage afterwards to provide a Live band for the invited guests to perform.

3. In regards to Alan & Shoubou & Mikael not in attendence, that would be something that JoJo would have to clear up with Patrick (KM). I do not know the reasons why?

4. With the Artists that did perform (NICKY P who gave a awesome performance...Cubano with caroline that rocked the house...Douby with his Energy...and My Princess Georgy who let the people know...she is still capable of a huge delivery) The band Performed Well and the crowd was participating very much with the performance.

5. President Sweet Micky
I will keep it funky and real... Micky took about 1 hour to do a sound check that T Vice can do in 15 to 20 mins...Why did the President take so long? Why did the President not come with his full band format when that was promised for the gig? Those questions only Sweet Micky can answer? I can say this much... Micky did not perform because he did not want to? Micky doing that to Jojo after all these years of buissness and friendship...
Thats really a shocker...? Or did Micky feel that he should have had more time to play? The club was scheduled to close at 5:30am or 6am...depending on attendece of ppl in the venue? I saw the contract so I can say that here on the board. Alot of people including myself wanted to see Micky Perform in his Live Format? Bon ou pa vini avec Live format la...nou ta p pran digital la avec ou ? But I think Micky felt disrespected and he was upset...so he took about an hour or so to do sound check...? Shocked Ou fe Fot President... It s obvious

In closing I am happy that the party went smooth despite some confusion...

Sending a Shout Out to:

Yanvaloo
JMPerry
Robbie Rob
Nene Vice
Patrick D aka Kompa Magazine Police Laughing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: