Joined: 31 Dec 1969
Location: NEW YORK
|Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:29 am Post subject: KON'BEAT (MIKABEN/OLIVIER) MANAGER TI LIONEL INTERVIEW ON...
1) Why and how did you decide on the name KONBEAT?
TI LIONEL: KonBeat is a name that Mika came up with. We all agreed to go with it for the meaning and concept it had went well with what we wanted to do.
2) Tell us who the musicians are in the band?
TI LIONEL: Tomorrow you will have all the info concerning the musicians of the band and their respective positions. We have a keyboard, a guitar, a bass, percussions and drums.
3) When will the group make its U.S debut?
TI LIONEL: We do not have a specific date yet, as soon as we do we will let you know. We applied for the musiciens visas already and as soon as we get it we will start scheduling for the US. The demand is already there.
4) Your reaction to the response received for the first single by the group?
TI LIONEL: So far the response is really good and we had a chance to play the song live in Baradere last week, the song was not even out yet and the crowd's reaction was crazy ! I think that song will do really well.
5) When are you releasing the group's debut STUDIO CD?
TI LIONEL: We would love to release it by the end of the year. Songs are already in the works.
6) Is there a music video in the works?
TI LIONEL: We are actually planning to shoot soon, we already have the script, so very soon.
7) As a manager of KREZI, have you learned anything of what NOT to do and what to do for the group KONBEAT? Elaborate.
TI LIONEL: Of course, as a manager of KREZI, i have learned a lot, its 6 years of experience acquired but i am still learning and am ready to learn some more. One of the main things is to make sure that everyone is comfortable and happy.
Will you be the only manager? Who will be the group's representatives in the different HMI markets?
TI LIONEL: I am the manager but i will not be working alone. As far as the groups representatives in the HMI markets, we will be working with Gerald Firmin in the Florida area and with Nandy Georges for NY.
9) Did you and/or Mika convince your close friend OLI that it was the best move for him to make to have his own band rather than stay with TVice?
TI LIONEL: Olivier's decision to leave TVice was his own, we did not influence him into making any choice. The idea of putting the project together came weeks if not a month after his departure from T-Vice.
10) What will be priority to you now...KONBEAT or MIKA's solo career?
TI LIONEL: KonBeat will be my priority as its a new project that we are launching, that doesnt mean that i will not take care of some projects of Mika or Olivier in the future. We must not forget that I will be managing them both as a duo but also if they need to work on their own musical projects.
KOMPAMAGAZINE CONTACT INFO
Phone: (646) 529-5735