Joined: 31 Dec 1969
Location: NEW YORK
|Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:45 pm Post subject: SHABBA BLASTS BACK AT RODNEY NOEL ON COMPASFEST AUDIO!
SHABBA came out blasting hard at Compasfest promoter Rodney Noel after the interview Rodney gave to Magic 9 in Haiti. Here are some highlights of what he had to say....BUT TO HEAR MORE...THE AUDIO LINKS ARE BELOW!
*KM RADIO JUKEBOX (Click play and listen)
*KM MP3! (Download)
1) SHABBA said that DJAKOUT WAS NEVER PART OF COMPASFEST because there was no contract signed. Shabba said "RODNEY PRAN DASSO" by putting Djakout on their van. (He elaborates more)
2) Shabba says "Nou pa gin pwoblem ak Compasfest, nou gin problem ak RODNEY." We told him that NOU PAP TOUCHE MINM KOB LA. Si kob fet nan festival la..FOK MWEN TOUCHE.
3) Shabba said "SHABBA se yon gran neg. Ou gin kay Miami, Mwen gin kay Haiti. Ou gin apartment Miami, Mwen gin apartment Haiti. He says that RODNEY can't treat them as "TI VICIEUX" because the group is asking for more money. Shabba says at the end, it's them that will speak bad of musicians when they are poor on the streets.
4) SHABBA "Mwen se FORT LAUDERDALE map ye. MWEN AVEK POUCHON."
5) Shabba says that everyone should be allowed to take care of their business and do what's best for their business. Shabba says ZENGLEN and KREZI have not been part of Compasfest because Rodney ap jere biznis li...MAP JERE PA'M TOU."
6) When we brought up RODNEY saying in the interview that he sacrificed a lot for Djakout at the beginning when Djakout was not popular. SHABBA said "What about the times when DJAKOUT HAD LA FAMILIA and the albums after. LI BLIYE? NOU FEL FE KOB TOU. We made him make money too. Why is it that the CHAUFFEUR is always the one that makes the money? Mizicien pa fe kob.
7) "ZENGLEN and KREZI pa janm jwe nan compasfest yo pa kraze. Si Djakout pa jwe nan compasfest, li pap kraze tou. Rodney thinks he's doing us a FAVOR by having us at the Compasfest. MET GRANMOUN SOU OU. Bands bring the fans out."
SHABBA told Rodney that he told him striahgt up BEFORE HE HAD THE INTERVIEW that SHABBA, RORO, POUCHON, and TI REGI mean business in wanting to get compensated properly if they want the group to play at the festival. Shabba also said that he told Rodney "PREMYE MOUN KI KANPE EN FAS OU RELE SHABBA."
9) SHABBA claims that Rodney tried to play a "game" by recruiting Djakout and trying to put the group against TVICE because TVICE was not part of the festival.
10) "MWEN PAP JWE POU RODNEY. SE YON FREKAN. Mwen pa kon mande li kob pou lap relem TI VICIEUX. We have a business...NAP MANDE PLIS KOB and you are calling us TI VICIEUX. RESPECTE MUSICIENS. We put money in your pockets. Ou pa ka ap GONFLE sou nou pran poz fache'w because we are asking for more money."
11) SHABBA also brought up KASSAV...
JUST LISTEN TO THE INTERVIEW!
SHABBA IS HEATED!
KOMPAMAGAZINE CONTACT INFO
Phone: (646) 529-5735