Joined: 31 Dec 1969
Location: NEW YORK
|Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:44 am Post subject: KDANS SONG BY SONG CD REVIEW OFFICIAL KM.COM BREAKDOWN!
|Please READ the whole review before making up your mind on what is being said on the review. THANKS.
1) PRELUDE MESI: Nice intro with a great message. It has an R&B choir feel to it that MAC D shines beautifully on. It is NOT a full song by the way.
2) MALATCHONG: Very straight to the point funky Compas direct track that sounds much much better than when it was originally released with Jude Jean. Being that it had already been released, even though this track is with a new singer, it should NOT have been the first song on the cd. Other songs on there could have served better as opening track.
3) LAMITIE TWO PITI: KDANS reminds us that they still have the formula for Compas love. When listening to this tune, I can still picture Jude Jean singing it for some reason. Having said that, MAC D. delivers and gives the song "HIS" identity. GOOD SONG, but NOT the best compas love ballad on the cd. That means it has a PLACEMENT ISSUE. The best ballad should have been here, not this track...even though it is a good song.
4) SUPERSTAR: Nice message to hmi artists in the song. BEL GROOVE at the 2:19 mark. A very danceable and catchy number. It will or should be one of the most popular songs on the cd, if not "THE" most popular one. Made for radio.
5) AFTER PARTY: I love the intro to the song. It is a nice mid-tempo track to groove to. The group actually shows that they are "down" or hip to what appeals to today's youngsters. This track makes KDANS look VERY YOUNG & HIP. Extremely good move in order to connect with the teenagers and younger adults. It will attract a younger demographic. One of the most popular songs on the cd is my prediction, and one that the band should push heavily. If I were the management team, THIS SONG WOULD BE THE FIRST MUSIC VIDEO...or if there is only 1 video to be made from the cd, this would have to be it.
6) SA PA GADE KOMPA: Nice groove track that radio will absolutly love. KING D's rap about Nemours and Sicot steals the song. It fits very nicely on there. While the GROOVE is easy to fall in love with, it lacks that catchy hook/melody that stays in people's brains. Li manke a memorable hook...and that's very important for a song to be popular.
7) LANMOU DWE KOUPAB: Best ballad/Compas love song on the cd. Catchy melody/chorus that you will remember. Nice "Voye ale" solo keyboard at the 2:15 mark by Alfred Lataillade that gets repeated a couple of times in the song. Very good move on that. Another song that KDANS should push heavily. Should have been the first compas love track on the cd at he number three spot. Hit potential factor on this song is very high.
8) CHANPET: KING D's lead on this track is surprisngly good. He does have a decent voice. He sings the tune with MAC D. Another thing that stands out on this track are the HORNS. The horns are very very good on this tune. It is a SOLID SONG that might get lost on the cd. Nice ANIMATION/FESTIVAL type of tune that radio will love as well.
9) LANMOU AVEG: After hearing Jude Jean's original version, it was a bit hard to listen to this version. Don't get me wrong. Mac D does a good job on this song, but unfortunately, he lacks the "soul" that Jude provided on this track when it was released just before his departure from Kdans. This would have been the best ballad on the cd...HAD WE NOT HEARD JUDE JEAN's version. It is still a good song.
10) MUSIC EST MA VIE: I love the groove, beat, message, voice ...a lot of things about that song. One of the best on the cd. It is also one of MAC D's best vocal performances on the cd vocally.
11) SORRY SISTER: This song has a great message, but on a strong cd like this one, it will appear as a filler song. Lap paret tankou yon mizik yo met la pou complete cd an. Kdans should have saved this track for another cd, or perhaps for the upcoming Live.
PROS: The cd is TOP NOTCH. KDANS passed the test with flying colors. Yo releve defi a. The production/studio work is TOP OF THE CLASS. The mixing is the best of all the cds released on the market recently.
*MAC D is the next hmi star if he is not already. This cd will do a lot for his career and his name. KDANS should hold on to this guy as TIGHT AS POSSIBLE. DIDI Santana is at the top of his game on this cd.
CONS: As much as this cd has a lot of good songs and GROOVES, it lacks a bit in the CATCHY MELODY/CHORUS department. We all know how important that is in order for songs to become popular.
ALL IN ALL....KDANS did an excellent job with this cd. YO BACK IN BUSINESS....YO RELEVE DEFI A...So now it's up to MANAGEMENT TO DO SOMETHING about this product ke jazz la lage nan min nou.
If KDANS is not up after this one....I really don't know what to say.
GOOD JOB KDANS.
KOMPAMAGAZINE CONTACT INFO
Phone: (646) 529-5735