HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

NU LOOK: MY 3 PICKS for MUSIC VIDEOS from new cd & I say why

Postby kompamagazine » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:33 pm

Most of the time, we try to GUIDE a band/artist in terms of which songs to do music videos for on a CD. Here's our suggestion for the NU LOOK "MY TIME". READ BELOW.

If we're keeping it real...let's just put it out of the way and say that ARLY LARIVIERE and NU LOOK don't really like to do too many music videos. The last studio CD before that where he had quite a few "READY FOR MUSIC VIDEO MODE" songs...he filmed a grand total of 2 music videos "only". He did "What about Tmrw" and "Confession"....left/did not even do a visual for "La Vi a Deux" with Tanya St-Val; as well as another one who I thought would have been different and great for visual in the song "Busted".

To be realistic...and WE ARE STRETCHING IT HERE...we'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he will do 3 MUSIC VIDEOS. Here are MY PICKS BELOW.

*"UNTIL WHEN": Already seen as the standout track on the CD based on reaction from the fans "LIVE". He likes to film videos for the song he sees as the potential hit off his CDS; so it is no surprise that ARLY is already making plans to film this one as the group's first music video off this CD. I totally agree with the move "NOW"...even though I think the song could still get a good result without a video. The idea to make a video for this song could be a strategic move to MAXIMIZE the impact of a sure fire possible hit; in that sense I say go for it as the first music video.

*"RIEN QUE TOI": The favorite song of many off the CD. Would be a perfect video for NU LOOK to do because it shows Lariviere in a different light like we said in our CD review. A VIDEO showing ARLY LARIVIERE celebrating LOVE...being HAPPY is "RARE"...or possibly NOT having been done before; more reason for the crooner to visualize this track with a music video. Has the opportunity to score a major hit for the group/artist.

*"HAITI QUEL ESPOIR": MY choice for number 3. I WOULD HAVE ARLY LARIVIERE GO FILM THIS ONE IN HAITI to give it more urgency, and for the visuals to reflect that HE IS THERE INSIDE THE ISSUE talking about the issue. It also opens up the door for this one to be played a lot on tv in Haiti because while the message in the song concerns all Haitians; but the ones living in the motherland are the ones going through the struggles described in the song DAILY...so that would be a great factor. I also like this one for a video because THE MUSIC is a COMPAS DIRECT track which I don't believe Arly Lariviere has visualized enough since Gazzman left. He always does videos for "COMPAS LOVE TRACKS"; but with this one, it would be different. The video would give this song a MAJOR BOOST, and with the video/message, it gives the song the opportunity to become a reference for a very very very long time.

OK...WE KNOW that LARIVIERE will NOT do 4 videos. If he does....IT WOULD BE A MAJOR MIRACLE on his part; so just for the heck of it; we'll add ...2 other CONTENDERS where he can choose from to decide...BUT WE KNOW LI PAP FE PLUS KE 2 VIDEOS!!!!!! FANATIC NU LOOK TE MET SOTE PONPE...BAT KO YO...ARLY PAP FE PLUS KE DEUX VIDEOS...NOU PA BEZWEN FACHE...having said that...My "other" HOPEFUL picks for video are the "two" below.

*"C'EST COMPLIQUE": Like we said in our review, we believe that this song will be fighting it out with "Rien Que Toi" for the public's heart; even though RIEN QUE TOI has taken the lead. We said that one of those two songs would be HURT by the success of the other; so to avoid this beautiful song from just maximizing on the CD...I would do the video for this one ALSO. It is SCRIPT VIDEO READY MODE in my opinion.

*"THE SWITCH": I think that song WOULD HAVE TO BE EDITED FOR VIDEO to cut down on time; so the best parts would have to feature. Also, it would have to be a TIGHT SCRIPT that REFLECTS EXTREMELY WELL on the "Switch ON/OFF" message that the artist is trying to convey about relationships in the song. IF THE SCRIPT IS NOT SUPERB....DO NOT DO A MUSIC VIDEO FOR THE SONG because it might "HURT" it..

I did NOT choose "APPARENCE TROMPEUSES" with Zouk legend JP Marthely only because if Lariviere did not do a video with ZOUK songstress/legend Tanya St.Val on the last CD to market in the Antilles....UNLESS SOMEONE IS WILLING TO PAY FOR HIM TO DO THIS VIDEO...I would NOT include it in the ALWAYS TIGHT MUSIC VIDEO BUDGET for the group.

As for the other songs...NOU MET SOTE POMPE...RELE ANMWEY....YO PA BEZWEN MUSIC VIDEO!!!!!! LA PAIX!!!! :D :D :D :D

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

Postby larueda » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:43 pm

Tout chante nan boutik hit la ka tounin video. Trap in the closet style. When u have an album where every song paints a picture, hard to choose.
larueda

Re: NU LOOK: MY 3 PICKS for MUSIC VIDEOS from new cd & I say why

Postby Dogla » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:15 pm

Se hit sou hit...... Menm baton a!
There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self.
Dogla

Postby Romdes » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:22 am

We all know that NuLook will giving us one video. Twòp pale anpil Sousa lolll
Romdes

Postby KingDave » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:58 am

C'est compliqué needs a video
#BlackExcellence
KingDave

Postby Dogla » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:40 am

Rien Que Toi needs a video!
There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self.
Dogla

Postby Fritzbb » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:27 pm

That's pretty impressive for an album considered by some to be the band's worst to have at least 6/7 songs out of 12 that deserve a video. I believe in any genre of music songs that are video worthy are 99% HITS. I think it's fair to say that the CD is arguably the most complete and diverse product out there.
Fritzbb

MUSIC