HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

15 BANDS are analyzed by promoter on their market status

Postby kompamagazine » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:46 pm

CARL "TOUJOU SANTIBON" is one of the top promoters in the HMI....hailing from the ATLANTA market; he has done parties with the likes of Klass, Nu Look, Disip, Tabou, 5Lan, Carimi, Harmonik, and Gabel. We asked him the following question below. (READ under the picture)

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 3 hottest bands in the HMI?
CARL "Toujou Santibon": "1) Klass... pa gen manti nan sa, still the hottest band right now. The band is still booked everything wknd, playing all over.

2) Disip.... the band from LAST year, compared to NOW...is like NIGHT & DAY. If it wasn't for Klass I'll put them #1. The way the band is playing live, there's not another band playing like them live right now. Their bass player is CRAZY, this dude is talented. They are also well booked.

3) 5Lan.... Pa gen lajan perdi avec 5Lan. Your money is guaranteed with them. With the addition of Carlo & Oswald I can only see them getting better.."

We then asked him his take on several other groups.....READ what he told us below on those bands.

*NU LOOK: Arly has done better work on previous albums. Me personally I don't think the last album was Arly's best work. Nu look is always going to have a certain crowd/age group at their parties.

*HARMONIK: "I can't remember the last time a song (CHERIE BENYIN M) had that much of an impact in the HMI (maybe "Fanm sa move"). The band has a great album out right now, they just need to work on promoting the album. If they do, I think this year will be a great year for the band. I can see Harmonik being a top 3 band/fighter in the HMI by the end of the year. The song "Simplicite" is just WOW, the best song on the album if you ask me.

*T-VICE: Pat, to be honest with you, I haven't really listened to their album (heard a few songs here/there) can't really say much about that. Having said that, T-Vice will always be a force to be reckoned with in this business. Besides Carimi, I don't know another band that has faithful followers like them. I feel like they will always have their spot in the business with/without an album. Djazz la toujou book.

*KAÏ: It's hard to judge them without an album. The single is working pretty pretty well for them. If there's one person I'm willing to bet my last dime on it would be Richard. I believe in his talent and skills. One of the hardest working musicians we have, he is a perfectionist. I know he won't disappoint the fans with the upcoming album.

*ZENGLEN: I think they need to go back to the studio, and start working on a new album. I'm happy for them that the lead singer got papers now, and can travel. I also think it's great for the band to have Dano & Drasso back in the band.

*DJAKOUT #1: Biggest mistake they made was letting go of Steve Khe, they WASTED that album.

*KREYOL LA: Djazz sa la toujou? (PS: Keep in mind they had a major dispute a few months ago...but Il had to ask about them for fairness)

*GABEL: Talented bunch of musicians. They book a lot right now but I think they will be ok once the album comes out. Depi Gabel gen Patrick Fabre yap toujou nan batay

*DAT7: Bunch of great talented musicians, I just don't know why this band haven't taken off yet.

JBEATZ: I don't follow him much.

*KARIZMA: Very talented group, was excepting more from them in the NY market after Carimi broke up.

*CRUZ LA: I don't follow them much.

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

Postby larueda » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:30 am

No wonder you're in a dead market. Ou paka rayi tet ou konsa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
larueda

Re: 15 BANDS are analyzed by promoter on their market status

Postby Ernst » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:34 am

No wonder you're in a dead market. Ou paka rayi tet ou konsa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL, bay vag bro.
Ernst

Postby Dogla » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:06 pm

He's not a promoter anymore so I give him a pass..... He has no clue lol
There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self.
Dogla

Postby Uzzllee » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:41 pm

He's not a promoter anymore so I give him a pass..... He has no clue lol
Piga tension ou montew non Dog la.... I feel sorry for you bro.

nulook is a deadbody
Uzzllee

Postby EpiDat7 mwen Diw » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:45 pm

The truth hurt! Arly's stupid voice kill that band they Need a true Singer. Go back behind the Keyboard Arly and save that band
GIN BON MIN GIN PIBON!! KLASS IT IS BABY!!!!!
EpiDat7 mwen Diw

Postby lovingyou » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:55 am

Tout sa misye di la se menm bagay la ki soti sou km 2 months ago. Nou ranje ak fomoter egri ki pap janm ka fè bal Klass kap vin radote la. Nou bat bravo poutèt yo pale an favè nl. Verite a nap oblije valel lol. Disip devan nl nan moman. Nl gen non pase yo men nan moman se yo kap fè bri. Kouche bò kotel si'n pa vle pann tèt nou. Mpa vle pèdi nou
lovingyou

Postby larueda » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:30 am

Tout sa misye di la se menm bagay la ki soti sou km 2 months ago. Nou ranje ak fomoter egri ki pap janm ka fè bal Klass kap vin radote la. Nou bat bravo poutèt yo pale an favè nl. Verite a nap oblije valel lol. Disip devan nl nan moman. Nl gen non pase yo men nan moman se yo kap fè bri. Kouche bò kotel si'n pa vle pann tèt nou. Mpa vle pèdi nou
Lol Disip ak Klass devan. Tous les deux ap chache match up to avoid basin blue. Ou pa we Nu Look? Basin blue ou pa, nout met gason sou nou.....it's a business cycle bro
larueda

Postby EpiDat7 mwen Diw » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:43 am

The name NL is the only reason why people remember that band. That band NL now is the world must boring band ever. The bottom line NL doesn't have a singer. Disip devan devan net Avek Gazzman a very talented singer. NL fans should give up. Encourage Arly to add a real singer. Its Klass, Disip, Harmonik and Tvice. It is what it now. Sorry NL fans Djazz la pabon
GIN BON MIN GIN PIBON!! KLASS IT IS BABY!!!!!
EpiDat7 mwen Diw

Postby Dogla » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:29 pm

The name NL is the only reason why people remember that band. That band NL now is the world must boring band ever. The bottom line NL doesn't have a singer. Disip devan devan net Avek Gazzman a very talented singer. NL fans should give up. Encourage Arly to add a real singer. Its Klass, Disip, Harmonik and Tvice. It is what it now. Sorry NL fans Djazz la pabon
Your so ignorant.... Its sad :roll:
There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self.
Dogla

MUSIC