HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

INTERVIEW with owner of Palm Beach Festival FRANTZ! (Read)

INTERVIEW with owner of Palm Beach Festival FRANTZ! (Read)

Postby kompamagazine » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:33 pm

KM spoke to PALM BEACH HAITIAN AMERICAN FESTIVAL top man FRANTZ, to get his take on how the 2016 edition went in his opinion. Check it out.

*1) Your thoughts on the 2016 edition of the Haitian American Palm Beach Festival?
FRANTZ: "The festival was very successful. Most people who attended the festival were joyful and happy. Some people called me personally and expressed how good the show was."

*2) In terms of the attendance; how many people did the festival bring out this year?
FRANTZ: "The festival had about 2714 ticketed people."

*3) This is your 3rd year doing this. Are you more motivated to continue with this festival than ever after this year; or are you having any doubts at all?
FRANTZ: "I am more motivated than ever. Next year Palm Beach Haitian American Festival, 4th edition will be July 1st 2017... teaser flyer already out. Making preparations, however I do need to change a few things internal and external about the festival."

*4) CARIMI, GABEL did NOT get to play. Klass and Djakout played BRIEFLY. What went wrong this year in terms of the time management?
FRANTZ: "This problem is not with the management of the festival. Although the management is the one taking the blame, and I accepted that, but let me say this.

I hired a subcontractor to do the sound... UNIVERSAL SOUNDS and they were not ready on time. The sound was done not until after 6:30 pm for the bands to play, but by then my line was already off because my first full band was supposed to play by 6pm. Therefore, once that happened it messed-up the line completely. I had to make an executive decision on which bands to play. Unfortunately Gabel, and Carimi did not get to perform. However all the anchor bands were there.

The only reason KLASS performed was because this is the first year KLASS participated at the PALM BEACH HAITIAN FESTIVAL and therefore they had to make the people see that they were to perform. Carimi/Gabel is their 3rd year, so I did not want any misconceptions about false advertisement."

*5) Was this the first time in the festival's history that this happened?
FRANTZ: "Yes this is the very first time out of the 3 years that any band didn't get to perform at the festival. I made a mistake by switching out my Sound subcontractor."

*6) Any positives that you take from YEAR 3 of the festival...what are they from an organizer's point of view?
FRANTZ: "Year 3, the event was very secure. My front gate and my vendor Vs.. the years before I had a lot of people who got in the event without paying. This year my my attendance dropped 20% and I know for a fact that's the reason. That is very positive for an event organizer."

*7) In terms of the AFTER PARTY....Why did CARIMI not perform?
FRANTZ: "Carimi played at FIU the same day for $10 and I think that depreciated my after party. Carimi decided not to play at my party... and I accepted their offer."

*8 ) Any final words?
FRANTZ: "PALM BEACH HAITIAN AMERICAN FESTIVAL apologizes for all the issues that we had with our subcontractors. All the problems this year, will be corrected next year."

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

Re: INTERVIEW with owner of Palm Beach Festival FRANTZ! (Read)

Postby KingDave » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:03 pm

This guy is very motivated about the event. I feel like he is too motivated sometimes when I speak to him personally lol. But that's the way to be as an organizer..
#BlackExcellence
KingDave

MUSIC