HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

ARE T-VICE & HARMONIK now "THE 2" most.....

ARE T-VICE & HARMONIK now "THE 2" most.....

Postby kompamagazine » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:03 pm

Let's break it down. KLASS released their CD....they already have a huge hit with "MAP MARYE", and it is safe to say that the new CD has NOT hurt their HMI status. DISIP is the talk of the industry in terms of their CD because they seemed to have shocked so many people who apparently did NOT expect it to be as good as it is. NU LOOK has delivered and early indication is that they will have "at least" 1 major hit on there based on the early response that the song "Until When" is getting LIVE. JBEATZ has a major hit on his hands with "I'm Doing Fine" from his recent CD. MASS KONPA, even though they are strictly based in Haiti...and don't play in the U.S; they have been praised for their recent CD, and I would even say that they have surprised a few people with the result.

THE NEXT 3 MAJOR CD RELEASES that are set to hit the market are T-VICE, HARMONIK, and 509. We'll take 509 out of the equation because they are just coming back after being out of the game for years. That leaves us with T-VICE and HARMONIK facing HUGE PRESSURE TO DELIVER on their NEXT CD!

*T-VICE "needs" to score....and they need to score STRICTLY FOR PRIDE. Let's keep it real. Even if T-VICE's next CD does NOT do well; because of their reputation, as well as long standing in the business; and MOST IMPORTANTLY "FOR NOW"; because of CARIMI no longer available to promoters to book; the Vice crew will continue to get their fair share of gigs. If CARIMI was still around; because they are considered DIRECT COMPETITORS TO T-VICE in terms of their fan base, there would have been more pressure on them; but due to Carimi no longer being there; all they really need to do is SCORE FOR PRIDE. T-VICE more than anyone else knows that their last studio CD, as well as the one before that...did NOT do what their major "KITEM VIV" CD Banger did when they basically shut down the HMI. Talking to Roberto often, I sense that he understands that with bands like Klass and Nu Look considered ahead of the pack by many in the business; he knows that T-VICE needs to drop a major "KOUT DOMINO" on the HMI table in order to shake things up. In that sense, that is the pressure facing the KENDALL boys.

*HARMONIK: This group knows that their next CD is huge for them in terms of their standing in the industry. With CARIMI no longer there, they will try to stake a claim on that vacated spot in the game. Their last CD had some major weapons on it such as "ILLEGAL" and "MESI"; but for whatever reason, it did NOT transfer into the band's popularity rising. There are many theories as to why their popularity did not go up after that CD; but whatever it is...they know that the next CD is major. They do NOT have the advantage of T-Vice having many years in the business; and their long list of hits in the catalog; what they do have to their advantage "NOW" is that they are back with their original owner/manager...which will guarantee them automatic spots at many of the shows that "he" will be putting together. Having said that, HARMONIK "can't LIVE ALONE" on hot gigs provided by their manager's parties; which is why they need to score a HOT CD with maybe a MAJOR HIT (Usually that's all that's needed), in order to entice OTHER PROMOTERS OUT OF THEIR CIRCLE to start demanding that the band perform for them.

For different reasons.....ARE T-VICE & HARMONIK the 2 most "UNDER PRESSURE" band in the HMI right now....WITH THEIR NEXT STUDIO CDS?

A SUIVRE!

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

Re: ARE T-VICE & HARMONIK now "THE 2" most.....

Postby shah » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:54 am

Hummm, considering the above mentioned products out there, it's a matter of when Tvice or Harmonik to come out swinging with at least one hot song just to let the leading bands know that they are still relevant. Pressure or not, it's time for them to get it on. Knowing the long history of Tvice, I have no doubt that they will not disappoint. I don't think pride has anything to do with it, Tvice has the veteran leadership on their side, they will deliver.

As to Harmonik the pressure is on, they have to have not just a hot song but a hot CD with at leats 3 hit songs before going fishing. My two cents.

Pat you forgot about CruzLa with their upcoming CD. Them too are in position to take over the NYC market until Carimi is back with a new front man.
shah

Postby KingDave » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:32 am

I agree with Shah. But Oat, I disagree with you saying the welcome to Haiti CD didn't do damage. Toi et moi, ou fem vole, this is it, epim pa bon , kpk did very well. They had hits on the album

All in all T-VICE will deliver and be just fine. Harmonim is the one under the pressure for the most part
#BlackExcellence
KingDave

Postby jay1804 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:37 pm

For Harmonik, I dont think they are in too much pressure. Harmonik's problem has never been "music." Besides Tropicana and Septen this band has 3 singers and those guys know how to put out nice songs. The last CD was great in my opinion but they did not have management to push them forward like they were in the beginning. Now, I think all they have to do is do what they do best which is "music" and they'll be fine.

Tvice is under lots of pressure I think. But Iam confident Regimuzik will deliver.
The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection .:
jay1804

MUSIC