HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

RICHARD CAVE on if KANAVAL meringue can stop KAI MOMENTUM in market!

RICHARD CAVE on if KANAVAL meringue can stop KAI MOMENTUM in market!

Postby kompamagazine » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:57 pm

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: KAI scored with their first single "MALADE"... Are you taking a risk or not by planning to release a carnival? If the carnival is not received as well as the single, are you afraid that it might have an impact on your momentum or you are CONFIDENT that you won't have that problem?
RICHARD CAVE: "Kaï is still new and we'll make mistakes. We can avoid to make big mistakes, but my concern is more for the album. The album will tell you if you have what it takes to stay, and also having a good band to perform these songs live is important. "Malade" is a hit now, in Haiti, the states, it's too early to say that it's a mega hit... but what i can tell you i haven't had this response since "POR FAVOR". People stopping me in the street, I can't drive anymore lol. I have never had this reception even when i was with Carimi."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: More so than any CARIMI song?
RICHARD CAVE: "ONLY "Por Favor. To go back to the kanaval; to make a meringue doesn't guarantee that we are going out. We are still new.. but don't forget that me and Mika have been making carnival together for 4 years now, and before that i did it; so we have the experience."

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

MUSIC