HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

GAZZMAN DISIP CD threw "me" an UNEXPECTED CURVEBALL!

GAZZMAN DISIP CD threw "me" an UNEXPECTED CURVEBALL!

Postby kompamagazine » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:11 am

I have to admit that the public threw us, or should I say CERTAINLY "ME"...a curveball on the GAZZMAN DISIP CD in terms of which song is THE BIGGEST HIT OFF THE CD. When I heard the songs, and if you heard our "THE WORD" show talking about the CD....BEFORE IT CAME OUT, I would have picked at least 3 or 4 other songs as my pick to BECOME A HIT off the cd...before the song that is actually THE HIT OFF THE CD "HEARTBREAK & MISERY".

I had "SAN MANTI", "ETAP", and also "IT DOESN'T MATTER" as songs that the public would jump on "BEFORE" they went for "HEARTBREAK & MISERY". Don't get me wrong, I think "HEARTBREAK" is a great song/cover; but because Gazzman went so far away from what he is used to doing on THAT song; I did not expect his fans/public to swallow that track AS FAST AS THEY DID....knowing how CONSERVATIVE many of our Haitian music listeners CAN be. It is certainly another example of how THE PUBLIC CAN HOLD LOTS OF SURPRISES when it comes to music and the SONGS THEY DECIDE TO GO FOR once a CD is released. The video for the track was only released on AUGUST 11th...I believe 2/3 months after the CD came out; so technically, I don't really know if it's because GAZZMAN chose the track that he wanted his public to follow him on; or if Gazzman decided to do the video for this one AFTER HE GOT VIBES/FEEDBACK that this was the song that the public was rallying behind.

Having said all that...GOOD JOB....but HUGE SURPISE to me that it's THE most popular song on the CD.

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

Re: GAZZMAN DISIP CD threw "me" an UNEXPECTED CURVEBALL!

Postby Ernst » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:22 pm

I can't certify/credited Heartbreak & Misery as a Disip's HIT because it's a remix. If it were Disip's original song, I'd say otherwise. They need to make a VDO for San Manti. Mesaj nan mizik sa so powerful and complex, anpil moun mwen pale ave yo pa konpran'n text la until you break it down to them. They need to push that song more.
Ernst

Postby jay_nice360 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:30 pm

I can't certify/credited Heartbreak & Misery as a Disip's HIT because it's a remix. If it were Disip's original song, I'd say otherwise. They need to make a VDO for San Manti. Mesaj nan mizik sa so powerful and complex, anpil moun mwen pale ave yo pa konpran'n text la until you break it down to them. They need to push that song more.

I second you on that one Ernst
jay_nice360

Postby Dogla » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:30 pm

Heartbreak & Misery and Etap are the gems of the cd...... The rest of the Cd is for the band to push live.
There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self.
Dogla

MUSIC