HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

VALCOURT on "MEGAHITS" "HITS" & "MIZIK KAP MACHE"!

Postby kompamagazine » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:11 pm

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: How would you break down or explain to the fans, the difference between a...
"MEGA HIT"; "HIT", "MIZIK KAP MACHE"?

JEAN MAX VALCOURT: "I LIKE THIS ONE. LOL.

*A "Mega Hit" is the song that affects everyone on a major scale, every gender, every generation, everyone regardeless their social background, religious belief... It's like a national anthem... yon mizik ki nan bouch tout moun, ki kouvri tout yon peyi, minm le yo pa konen pawol yo yap chante kanmenm...

*A "Hit" is the song with major airplay that attracts mostly music lovers... sa nou rele "melomanes" yo... It does make a huge impact, next to mega hit considering that most of these people have access to technology, cellphones, tablets, mp3 players, etc... An easy way to reach out to songs they love...

*Mizik kap Mache" lol... There are diferent type of "Mizik kap Mache"... Most of the time these are songs with of course on heavy rotation with low response from listeners, but has a strong presence in club scene because of the band's/ artist's great live performance and additional improvisations, slogans, gimmicks which usually causes a strong response from the audience, often these songs finds their way out to the streets and creates an interesting buzz .................

There are also random songs with poor lyircs or melody but have some heavy keyboard or guitar grooves, or even some crazy vocal hypes that djs gets to use often... Something that usualy gets people's attention....

There are also songs that are paid for to be on rotation... You know they're there, you'll remember them when they're played because of an interesting part, you'll even sing along because radio stations been playing them so often, and yet won't really mean much to you... There are so many other examples...

Ps... I intentionally didn't wanna use any music references.

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

Postby larueda » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:43 pm

I'll use references for you! Until When ak Beyenm, deux megahit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
larueda

Re: VALCOURT on "MEGAHITS" "HITS" & "MIZIK KAP MACHE"!

Postby kalekow » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:05 am

SLOW DOWN,SE PA TOUT MOUN KI KONNIN UNTIL WHEN,SO FAR POU 2016 NOU TE 3 MEGAHITS : MAP MARIE, I'M DOING FINE, BENYEN. NULOOK GUEN HIT SONGS ,DISSIP GUEN HIT SONGS ,KAY GUEN HIT SONGS ,TVICE GUEN HIT SONGS,3JES HIT SONG ,ENPOSSIB HIT SONG.
kalekow

Postby gentleman1 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:21 am

Mesye nou paka konte Benyen pou ane 2016.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
gentleman1

Postby larueda » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:47 am

SLOW DOWN,SE PA TOUT MOUN KI KONNIN UNTIL WHEN,SO FAR POU 2016 NOU TE 3 MEGAHITS : MAP MARIE, I'M DOING FINE, BENYEN. NULOOK GUEN HIT SONGS ,DISSIP GUEN HIT SONGS ,KAY GUEN HIT SONGS ,TVICE GUEN HIT SONGS,3JES HIT SONG ,ENPOSSIB HIT SONG.
Lol komedy
larueda

Postby kompamagazine » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:22 am

From our FACEBOOK TIMELINE

kompamagazine
Site Admin

Postby konpaconvert » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:11 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: I guess everyone has different levels of interpretations of what is considered Hits Megahits, and some others drink the koolaid of their favotrite bands too much

Lets Make this Perfectly Clear NO BAND has released a MEGAHIT from their latest releases like Kassav's "Zouk La Se.." like A. Cave "Se Pa Pou Dat" like Djakout's "Biznis Pam" like Nickenson's "Zanmi" (there are more but we'll stop here) se sa ki rele MEGAHIT...where they are universally regarded by everyone as hits AND have stood the test of time (KEYWORD "TIME")

HMK's "Cheri Benyenm" is a HIT for sure and I think has instantly taken the SONG OF THE YEAR lead for now and should get it unless the other bands/artists that haven't released can score something to surpass it but I think its doubful. Can it become a MEGAHIT? Maybe, but we'll see how much people are still singing it by October/November. I am skeptical that it will though. They wont make it to that level and it will just be another HIT song for their repertoire just like "Obsede"

Tout lot Djazz yo have released HITS on their album and some others gen Mizik Kap Mache but NONE of them have a MEGAHIT and all have released even better songs before (except for diSip but not Gazzman)...Epi kanpe deye sam di..but its just my opinion
konpaconvert

MUSIC