HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

ROBERT CHARLOT (TOP VICE) answers question on HMI VOCALISTS!

ROBERT CHARLOT (TOP VICE) answers question on HMI VOCALISTS!

Postby kompamagazine » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:29 pm

ROBERT CHARLOT of TOP VICE fame is a pioneer in our music in the Compas Digital era. KM spoke to him and asked him the following question below. (READ under the picture)

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: As a former maestro/composer of a group, do you think it's better if a VOCALIST also KNOWS how to compose/write...or IT'S NOT AN ISSUE or PROBLEM, as long as they know how to take care of the BAN DEVAN ON STAGE...Do vocalists who COMPOSE/WRITE get MORE RESPECT from other musicians in the band...than the vocalists that DON'T compose/write?

ROBERT CHARLOT: "To Me, It's not a problem at all if a Singer doesn't know how to compose songs. What's important for a front person to have is the appeal, personality, vocal talent and techniques, energy, swag, self-confidence, capacity to represent the band's sound and work an audience, stage presence, be a team player, stamina, and the mysterious quality called Charisma. Those are the necessary requirements, in my book.

That being said, a lead singer who can compose, write lyrics or read and writes out sheet music will undeniably get more respect from fellow musicians and the industry in general ….."

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

Re: ROBERT CHARLOT (TOP VICE) answers question on HMI VOCALISTS!

Postby larueda » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:01 pm

True

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
larueda

MUSIC