HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

VALCOURT TELLS U WHY U SHOULD BUY LATEST CUBANO SKAH SHAH CD!

VALCOURT TELLS U WHY U SHOULD BUY LATEST CUBANO SKAH SHAH CD!

Postby kompamagazine » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:39 am

KM spoke to maestro JEAN MAX VALCOURT about the just released CUBANO SKAH-SHAH CD. He is the Main producer.

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: What can you tell us about the latest CUBANO SKAH-SHAH CD and why it's a must for the fans to get their hands on it?
JEAN MAX VALCOURT: "Well, first of all let me say it's a privilege to have had the opportunity of producing a whole album for a giant of the Haitian Konpa Music like Cubano. This idea was originally suggested by Yves Abel a couple years ago. I was hired to back up Cubano at Labor Day festival and this was when Shedly invited me to join the production, considering the fact that me and Shedly were already talking about joining our forces to start making some serious productions, because we were concerned about the music industry's future in a whole.

So the four of us (Cubano, Yves Abel, Shedly and myself) met in New York, discussed and planned the project, production, concept, etc... It was to be released in December, but due to Haiti's political turmoil at the time we figured the December released was a NO-NO... which gave us enough time to work a little more comfortably on the production and editing, modified, and fixed what was necessary. It was a bit pressured to me considering that i had to do all the sequences and keys on the album except "Rev an Mwen" on which I only did the solo.

This album took us at least 4 months to make, and It was all because several producers were working on it. This proves when you put talented minds together It does magic, and don't take too long to achieve. It was a great and enjoyable experience, the time in the studio with these fellas was priceless. Spending hours working with a legend like Cubano is all a producer can ask for. The man really deserves the title of "GodFather of Konpa". Cubano is just not a singer, he plays guitar, piano, accordion, harmonica... the man is a musical genius... epi li bay blag tou, lol.

Frankly I'm not the type of guy with the convincing words to have people buy the cd, but I know this "There are certain names, when you see them being part of a cd project, names like Cubano, Yves Abel, Ralph Conde, Dener Ceide, Danny P, Jean Riche, JP Rene, Shedly Abraham, Jean Max Valcourt, etc...You know what you're paying for... "QUALITY"

Thank you for this opportunity Patchouko...
Jean Max

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

Re: VALCOURT TELLS U WHY U SHOULD BUY LATEST CUBANO SKAH SHAH CD!

Postby 1Lov' » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:16 am

appove.JPG
appove.JPG (15.55 KiB) Viewed 3940 times
Cesaire-Conde-Ceide Guitar Asylum, NYC District
1Lov'

Postby tipodelmas75 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:07 am

An album with musicians like Dener, Yves Abel my fav bass player of all time, Ralph Conde, Shedly, Jean Max Valcourt, you can't go wrong with that.
I will definitely buy it and recommend it to everyone.
I am surprised Makarios is not part of it cause whenever you see Shedly and Yves, Makarios is always there too
tipodelmas75

Postby Dj 1 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:22 pm

Indeed Very Nice CD....I recommend it!!!
Dj 1

Postby jay_nice360 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:00 pm

This piece of Art is a must have. I'm just anxious to get my copy.
jay_nice360

Postby Gerdly » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:29 pm

Okap represents. Pure talents. Tout tan gen devouman, konpa pap febli....
Gerdly

Postby Romdes » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:34 pm

Anmweeee banm kouri ale pran yonn. Paka tann pou yayad sou la Madame ......oops banm sere My Koze ok.
Bravo guys Kompa Dirèk Devan!!!!!!!
Romdes

MUSIC