HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

THE TOP 5 GROOVE MASTERS IN THE GAME TODAY ACCORDING TO.....

THE TOP 5 GROOVE MASTERS IN THE GAME TODAY ACCORDING TO.....

Postby kompamagazine » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:02 am

KM spoke to X-TASSY leader/maestro T-KLOD "Doctor Groove" about....Read Below.

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: If I were to ask you to name the TOP 5 GROOVE MASTERS in the game today...Name them from 1 to 5 and tell us why for all 5?
T-KLOD: " Well before anything, a Good groove comes from the band man, se feeling band nan ki pral determine groove la. That being said each musician needs a source, I personally get my inspiration from the bass, the guitar, and the drummer's swing. That being said, my top 5 would not include only one instrument.

Here they are below

1) ANSYTO MERCIER: Although not active, Ansyto Mercier will be my all time favorite Groove Master. His soul is incredible man, from the first note he drops, you will have your arms up in the air. I really sat down and studied him man, and he doesn't build up his solos, li frapew baw man, lol.

2) Nickenson Prudhomme: Crazy soul man! I don't know where he gets it man, but he will make you dance. That's the key man, his solos transmit emotions, and they will always hit a crowd.

3) Felder Antoine: People don't know this but, he taught me one important fact about live performance, it's that the crowd tells you what they want. Se Poto mitan ki apran mwen teknik target on couple kap danse... epi suiv kijan yo bouje en fonction de sa wap fe. This man grooves the bass line like crazy man, and at the end of the day se bottom end ki fe moun danse!

4) Ban Deye Carimi ( Alex, Ti Joel, Ti Mako, and Jeff)... Yooooooo Ban Deye sa gon swing anraje man!! Youn konpran lot, youn konplete lot! Their breaks are on point, they don't do too much though, they have amazing placements. They carry the instruments and melodies with perfection!!

5) Its kind of hard man with only 5 , because there are so many great Groovers out there man....
But if i have to, I would have to tie Roberto Martino, the Klass Duo Guitars, ( Pozo and Belkod), and Tchoukito X-Tassy. These guys just understand the crowds man, and they don't play for themselves, which is where a lot of musicians fail, in my opinion, just because something is difficult to execute or very musical, doesn't mean that it will work with the crowd.

If I'm allowed another one, I would definitely put Scooby from Cruzla, great soul, sick solos!"

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

MUSIC