HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

VIDEO DIRECTOR DALEX ON ZENGLEN ANBYANS + MORE!

VIDEO DIRECTOR DALEX ON ZENGLEN ANBYANS + MORE!

Postby kompamagazine » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:08 pm

We spoke to music video director DALEX of NEW VIBRATION MEDIA PRODUCTIONS

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Out of all the ZENGLEN songs that you could have chosen to do for the band on the CD; what made you go for THAT SONG "4 Gason Nan Yon" as your choice for music video to gift the band?
DALEX: "To be honest, Pat, I'm a big fan of Zenglen, I have always been since day one. The first time I heard the Album, "4 Gason nan youn" really caught my attention because it reminds me of the old Zenglen (5 Dwèt, etc...), and I'm pretty sure the fans are missing the old Zenglen, lol... I want to give them something different than just a love story."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: What is the BEST MUSIC VIDEO that you've ever done yourself in your opinion? That you have DIRECTED...Where you are the MAIN MAN. The one that you are the proudest of?
DALEX: "Wow!!!! That's hard.... I have so many choices, but if I have to go with one I would have to say: Anbyans - "Fè Sa w' ka Fè Feat. Shabba" because of the good understanding they had, they understood that I wanted to sell the whole Team not just the Singer, and that's what we did, but DAT7 "Se Konsa" comes right after."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: What's MOST IMPORTANT in your opinion for the making of a GREAT MUSIC VIDEO: Is it a catchy song, or the lyrics of a song; or is it something else?
DALEX: "To me: I would have to say both because the lyrics have to match the Concept / Storyline of the song, and it has to be a catchy song for people to keep listen to it. For Example: "My Life" by Ti Lunèt was one Music Video we really didn't have to do much for it because the song was so catchy, it had already made its way to the fans."

PS: He is also set to shoot the music video for JBEATZ's "I'm Doing Fine"; and has 2 ALAN CAVE music videos that are basically DONE and are being edited as we speak.

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

MUSIC