HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

20 YEARS: KOMPA MAGAZINE....THANK YOU!

20 YEARS: KOMPA MAGAZINE....THANK YOU!

Postby kompamagazine » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:04 am

We were going to do it a couple of weeks ago, but it slipped our mind....so we decided to do it now.
To celebrate our 20 years in the HMI, for the rest of of the year...on some posts, we will be going through the archives to bring you some very interesting things that many may have seen or not seen...just to share OUR JOURNEY in the HMI (Pictures/Interviews & MORE).

1997 (March/April) it all started. All I had was a dream. I was a huge fan of Rolling Stones/Vibe Magazine, and it dawned upon me....why not have a similar platform for our Haitian music industry and all the stars that are part of it. THEY ARE STARS TOO. I told one of my older brothers Greg...this is what I want to do; him being a graphic designer; without hesitation, basically told me "GO AHEAD". After also sharing my idea with 2 people who basically were the top dogs in the business at the time....JOUBERT CHARLES of Nouvel Jenerasyon Records, and PHILIPPE LAVELANET of ANTILLES MIZIK. They thought it was a good idea, but I guess they wanted to see how I would present it visually..... After the first issue was put together and presented....KOMPA MAGAZINE was born....and the rest as they say is history.

We have seen so many bands come and go during our journey...it's unbelievable. (KONPA KREYOL, CARIMI to say a few). We have been here through all the years. The days of staying up all night to print the magazine when we first started....even though I had to be at work at 9 A.M.....it was all worth it...because at the end...it all paid off. That desire/passion still breaths through us today as most people/artists will tell you that you can call or reach me at 2/3/4 A.M every single day of the week...because chances are KOMPApat is up working.....and THEY WOULD BE RIGHT.

We have so many people to thank for our 20 year journey, and to go through that list...would be a long list...having said that, the most important people to thank would be YOU.....THE FANS! If it wasn't for you guys, who recognized the work and passion, we would not be here today.....and for that we say THANK YOU. I LIVE, BREATH, SLEEP, DRINK MY CRAFT...and that is why the people recognize that I value what I do...and for that, I can safely say that our legacy is secured in the HMI. THANK YOU once again for all of your support!

EACH one of them has a STORY "within" a Story...some were hotter than others...but they all did well.

MORE TO COME

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

Re: 20 YEARS: KOMPA MAGAZINE....THANK YOU!

Postby kompared » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:16 am

Happy 20th Konpa magazine. Patchouko respect pour
Courage ou ak passion ou montre pou Sa Wap fe ya.
Kimbe la
kompared

Postby kompamagazine » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:21 am

EACH one of them has a STORY "within" a Story...some were hotter than others...but they all did well.

kompamagazine
Site Admin

Postby Ladykreyol » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:24 am

Image KOMPA MAGAZINE

Who knew the place I used to come in my youth just to talk about music and all things Haitian would still be here and still be a force in the HMI in so many ways.

Congrats KMPat :)
Ladykreyol

Postby Ernst » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:30 am

Happy sweet 20 KM. Arguably the hardest working man in the business. Keep up the good work bro.
Ernst

Postby larueda » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:02 pm

Congrats and keep up the great work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
larueda

Postby Dogla » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:45 pm

Congrats to KM! Wishing nothing but peace, wealth and happiness!
There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self.
Dogla

Postby Jay Brooklyn » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:47 pm

Happy Anniversary, KM!
Pat, you have done so much to put this HMI of ours in a higher level.
Thanks you for your dedication and hard work..
Je suis KM!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Jay Brooklyn

Postby 1Lov' » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:17 pm

HAPPY 20TH ANNIVERSARY.
That's 2 Decades of Outstanding Work in the HMI.
Through the Years, I've introduced a lot of peeps to this Wonderful Website and Today I can Proudly say that I've turned most of my friends into Kompa Magazine Addicts. :D :D
KM Pat, You know how I feel about you as One of my NYC's Originals.
Ou pa kon ki sevis wap ran Konpa ak gwokoken chen Website sa.
GOD bless you always and Long Live Kompa Magazine.
Cesaire-Conde-Ceide Guitar Asylum, NYC District
1Lov'

Postby passionkompa » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:01 pm

Mesi anpil Pat. Mwen se yon addict KM.
passionkompa

MUSIC