HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

RICHIE CAN'T GUARANTEE if you will get another "full" KLASS CD!

RICHIE CAN'T GUARANTEE if you will get another "full" KLASS CD!

Postby kompamagazine » Fri May 12, 2017 8:57 pm

With all the changes going on in the industry, we asked RICHIE the following question below. READ BELOW.

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: With all the changes going on in the industry, there are certain artists/bands that are telling me that they will now start dropping SINGLES on the market, instead of full cds/albums. Do you see KLASS going that route, or you will still be doing CDS/ALBUMS in full?
RICHIE: "I CAN'T GUARANTEE THAT KLASS WILL RELEASE A NEW FULL CD ON THE MARKET FOR SURE. The market is changing. CD PA VANN FASIL ANKO. ONLINE SALES is the way to go right now. I actually did NOT think that KLASS was ready for that route yet, because as a new band, I WANTED TO BUILD OUR REPERTOIRE by having as many songs as possible out there. Our 2 CDS did the job for us positively, so now.....NAP SUIV MAKET LA POUN WÈ KISA NAP FÈ in terms of our next project. NOU POKO KONEN SI NAP METE YON CD DEYO...OU SI SE ROUTE "SINGLES" LA NOU PRAL FÈ.

We have plenty of time ahead of us to think about it. It's a lot of money when the band is the one that has to put their own money out to produce the CD, and from there, promote/market it out of their own pockets. PA GIN KOB NAN VANN CD ANKO. IT'S NOT EASY...so for THAT reason alone...I can't guarantee that KLASS will have another FULL CD because we are observing the market shift, so that we don't get caught out there."

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

Re: RICHIE CAN'T GUARANTEE if you will get another "full" KLASS CD!

Postby Yef » Wed May 17, 2017 10:14 am

I don't think Klass should go the single route. CDs are important! Klass CDs are usually very colorful in terms of lyrics, rhythm, and melody. Going the solo route will deprive die hard Klass fans of this treat. Full album please!!
Yef

MUSIC