HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

KAÏ RICHARD CAVÉ "CHAMPION" song by song CD REVIEW!

KAÏ RICHARD CAVÉ "CHAMPION" song by song CD REVIEW!

Postby kompamagazine » Mon May 15, 2017 1:46 pm

*INTRO: Classy move by Richard saying THANK YOU to his 2 former Carimi partners Mickael and Carlo (Pa Janm bliye kote w soti), while at the same time making it clear that this is a new chapter...Welcoming the fans to his new group.

*CHAMPION: The title track kicks off the CD....about NOT GIVING UP and GETTING OFF THE FLOOR after being knocked down (Clearly Carimi talk). "Depiw known wap travay du...pa gin moyen pou pa Champion". "Jaz kraze nan minm....mwen pa dekouraje...WE FIGHT" and others. Some very INSPIRATIONAL talk...and it falls right along the CARIMI musical line...in other words....music that you would expect to hear on a CARIMI CD. Great kickoff track to sum up his state of mind during the KAI days, as he sets up his group's intro in the world of the HMI.

*COCKTAIL: A dive into GOUYADVILLE with 5 LAN is the way to describe this track. This is a song that was to have been released earlier last year WITH CARLO VIEUX; but it was never released, and it looks like it is a Richard Cave song, therefore he takes it over. It will satisfy the GOUYAD crowd at the clubs for sure. "LET ME GIVE YOU NOW THAT COCKtail" is the chorus...but you already KNOW how many will interpret it and sing it in terms of meaning. STRATEGIC move to show that they can also cater to the Gouyad crowd, and it's another good move to add the Gouyad king DJ 5 Etwal in there.

*KITE MENAJ OU: You have to have a lot of GUTS to compose a song with THAT TITLE, when you expect the fellas to take their girlfriends to KAI parties. LOL. The BEST FRIEND scenario (Guy/girl), telling the girl to KITE MENAJ OU....vinn jwen mwen. :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: I wonder if it's a regular occurrence in everyday normal life in the real world. :lol: :lol: :lol:
(Bagay pou menaj ou gin BON ZANMI Gaçon an....se yon pwoblem wi sanble :lol: :lol: :lol: )
"NOU PA FÈ MOUVMAN".....This is already shaping up to be a LIVE favorite, and you can sense why from the STUDIO song. The GUITAR is off the chain on this musical composition, and MIKABEN's rap adds some spice in there.

*KANSÈ (Featuring Rutshelle): The song that when Richard made me listen to BEFORE the CD came out...I told him HIT SONG. Interestingly, I also told him THE SAME THING for the song "MALADE" when he was asking me which song to release first off the CD. This is the song that I kept pressing the rewind button over and over and over again when I first bought the CD. A very strong performance by Rutshelle on the track. LI BIEN DEKORE MUSIC LA AK VOIX LI. WHAT A VOICE...WOW! Her emotions are "FELT" in her vocals as if she is actually living the story that's being described in the song. VERY CATCHY SONG that WILL BE A HIT SONG in the near future. NEEDS A MUSIC VIDEO AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I am sure you all have been in a similar storyline, where you dislike certain things by someone that you are attached to...but YOU JUST CAN'T SHAKE OFF THAT PERSON because THE HEART WANTS WHAT IT WANTS...."THAT PERSON". HIT with a capital "C".

*NOU LAN KAI LA featuring Tony Mix (Muhammed Ali): A song inspired by their popular MUHAMMED ALI "LIVE" skit. Another "FO W BATAY...NEVER STAY DOWN" type of song. Already a popular song on the LIVE circuit, and I expect it to be popular as well on the radios/cds. EXTREMELY ENERGETIC SONG....one of my favorite UPTEMPO Richard Cave songs ever. START TI MOTTO A! 2 Popular skits on the live circuit will make this song a favorite for all. CARIMI fans will EAT THIS ONE UP because the skits and other stuff from this song.....look like they could have been on the next CARIMI CD.

*MALAD: No need to review it as it came out months before...and you already know the results. I was one of the people who told RICHARD CAVE to go with THIS SONG as the first single because of how catchy it was...when he made me listen to a couple of the songs BEFORE he decided to release this song as the first KAI song to the world. Let's just say it is safe to say that "MALADE" did the job. Over 2 million hits on our youtube channel for the video alone in just a few months....enough said.

*DEMISYONE: If it were up to me, this would NOT have been the second music video/song released to the public. That would have gone to "Kansè". Having said that, I do love this song, and that "Cheri m Demisyone" chorus will stick to your brains whether you want to or not. I will be honest and say that this song was NOT a FIRST LISTEN SLAM DUNK APPROVAL from me. The song GREW on me, and now I find myself listening to it a lot. The fact that a video was released for this song...will help it a lot.

*TOU MARE: One of my 3 favorite songs on the CD. Having said all that, with the song being placed towards the end of the CD, I already know that NO PRIORITY WHATSOEVER WILL BE GIVEN TO THIS SONG BY RICHARD CAVE and that is UNFORTUNATE. I do believe this song can be a HUGE HIT...but it will be IGNORED by Richard and Alan Cave. TANDE W MUSIC MON DIEUUUUUUUUUUUUU! On another level LYRICALLY and MUSICALLY. In a way, I DO FAULT ALAN CAVE A LOT for this because FOR SOME REASON...songs that he gives or participates on with other artists FOR THEIR CDS...usually end up GETTING WASTED. I can point to T-VICE's "Se Pa w Mwen Ye", as well as recent releases with TANTAN, KARIZMA. If RICHARD CAVE does NOTHING with this song, maybe that will teach Alan Cave the lesson to STOP GIVING AWAY SOME OF YOUR BEST SONGS TO OTHER ARTISTS who merely use them to "DECORATE" their CDS. It would be a "FAMILY CRIME" if the 2 DON'T do a major push with this song. I'm NOT holding my breath. :roll:

*LEVE PYE W: This MIKA vocal lead has a crazy resemblance to KREZI MIZIK....maybe because it's an uptempo sung by MIKABEN. A "message" song with some positive vibes to end the CD. Some nice COMPAS being produced on this track.

*MY FAVORITE SONGS: "Malade", "Kansè", "Tou Mare", and "Nou Lan KAI la".

*HITS PREDICTION: "Malad" is already one. I predict "KANSÈ" and "NOU LAN KAI LA" will be hits as well. "TOU MARE" would be as well...but YO PAP POUSSE L. "Demisyone" will be helped by the video...and it has a very simple chorus that you just can't get out of your head.

*On every CARIMI CD....except for the first CD, there is always that 1 song that I always find myself skipping...and yes songs from Richard as well...but ON THIS KAÏ CD....I find myself playing EVERY SONG "NO SKIPPING"...and that could be an indication as to where I really stand on this CD. When RICHARD told us that this was better than some of his CARIMI work, the general consensus is to laugh it off...but after really listening to the CD and making the point that I just made....he just might have a point. Let's give it some more time before I can see if I can back up what he said fully...in about 6 months to a year.

*It's very CLEAR that the MOTIVATION was there for Richard on this CD, driven by the fact that he perhaps wanted to show the doubters...and perhaps Carlo and Mickael as well, that he can do the job without them. Based on this CD.....MWEN PA PEU POU RICHARD CAVE ak KAÏ dutou.

>>>WHAT I DID NOT LIKE<<<: The INTERLUDE/INTRO Misconception: There is one intro and two interludes...which are actually NUMBERED on the CD as if they are songs. It gives the fans the impression that they are getting 12 songs, when in reality...they are getting 9.

*THE 2 UPTEMPO tracks that Richard Cave has on this CD in "CHAMPION" and "NOU NAN KAI LA" ARE EXCELLENT CROWD BUMPING JOINTS that will serve their purpose of moving the crowds when the band needs a change of pace.

*FINAL WORD: RICHARD CAVE predicts that KAÏ will be among the TOP 5 bands in the business WITHIN 1 YEAR (As told to me in my interview); after this CD, I would not be shocked at that prediction at all. As a matter of fact...he could go further up if the CD plays out the way that I expect it to do. A SUIVRE!

AN EXCELLENT DEBUT CD that will or SHOULD deliver RESULTS in the next year or so. KAÏ nan kay HMI la.....li pa nan lakou a anko.

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

Re: KAÏ RICHARD CAVÉ "CHAMPION" song by song CD REVIEW!

Postby Yef » Wed May 17, 2017 10:09 am

Great review Pat!

The songs that I like the most are in order of preference: Tou Mare, Kanse, Kite Menaj ou, Malade and Demisyone. Demisyone has been stuck in my head at first listen. The chorus is very catchy and the lyrics are very abstract. I think Kai scored a big one with this release. Also the mixing is excellent! Kudos to whoever did it.

I congratulate the crew and wish them lots of success!! Tou Mare deserves a video. In my opinion, it's in their best interest to prioritize this song next because it has hits written all over it. That keyboard solo is bonkers man!
Yef

MUSIC