HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

KREYOL LA talk with their new MIAMI rep. TI GUY KAMIKAZ!

KREYOL LA talk with their new MIAMI rep. TI GUY KAMIKAZ!

Postby kompamagazine » Sat May 27, 2017 6:47 pm

KM spoke to TI GUY FRANCOIS "KAMIKAZ" and asked him about KREYOL LA and why he has chosen to represent the band in MIAMI.

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: What can you bring for KREYOL LA as their Miami rep. That you think will take them further than they've ever been before in the Florida market...than when they used to be with other people
TI GUY KAMIKAZ: "For sure better presence and marketing of the band on the ground, kamikazgroup itself has a great following and dome great events so expect there will be some very interesting line ups that will include Kreyol La."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Do you think Kreyol La is currently one of the TOP 5 bands in the HMI?
TI GUY KAMIKAZ: "Bon, if it comes from me, yap di se interè mwen map jere, so lets go by the reviews of compas fest this past weekend and we'll see if they make it to the top 5."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: TOP 5 overall in the HMI throughout the year is not. Determined based on what a band does at one major event
TI GUY KAMIKAZ: "Top 5 is very tight....but i'll say top 10 because no one can determine the top 5 bands now."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: You don't think they are in the top five, but you think they are in the top 10. Is that right?
TI GUY KAMIKAZ: "Like I said, no one can determine top 5 now in the HMI. It will vary in different segments. If we talk about tenors, I will say Kreyol La is tenor and top 5 of tenor in the HMI."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Ti Joe has told KM on a couple of occasions that he does not want his group to be the top band in the HMI. He instead would prefer to be right in the middle all the time. Do you agree with that or not?
TI GUY KAMIKAZ: "TiJo is a very humble guy, but the public chooses that, and Kreyol La with or without album, is a top band in the HMI. So yes I agree with him, but wanting to be in the middle because the pressure is less on the band. Gen de "hit" oubyen album ou fè, ou pap janm ka refè yo anko, so more pressure when you are the top band. Lol m pap pale ak okenn jazz non lol"

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Should it not be the goal for you as the rep of the group, to bring them or try to bring them to the top?
TI GUY KAMIKAZ: "Of course kamikazgroup is known for its marketing strategy. Kreyol La will be more present marketing wise and better represented in Florida."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Of all the groups you could have chosen to represent in the Miami area, why did you choose to go with Kreyol La?
TI GUY KAMIKAZ: "Good question. I think it's a band with lots of potential and a great following, so that was a no brainer to work with TJo and the team. We are already seeing the results."

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

MUSIC