HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

FORMER KARIZMA guitarist JAY R INTERVIEW on GROUP DIVORCE!

FORMER KARIZMA guitarist JAY R INTERVIEW on GROUP DIVORCE!

Postby kompamagazine » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:03 pm

*KM spoke to former KARIZMA guitarist JAY R about what went wrong between him/Emery and band owner/manager RENE...and he talks about a brand new letter that they got served on...from Rene.

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 1) Jay R. You told us that you received a letter from your ex-manager Rene. Why don't you tell us what that's all about?
JAY R: "Rene was my ex business partner. It's unfortunate he had the opportunity to register us in mid June 2012 but he decided otherwise. I got served via email from a legal office to cease and desist of Karizma."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 2) How do you feel about that move?
JAY R: "After the termination letter, I was in an emotional atmosphere. Speaking to my close peers, I decided to take the high road and move forward. After a month and half I get served by a lawyer ? This is ridiculous. When will Rene move forward?"

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 3) HOW and WHY did the BUSINESS DIVORCE with Rene come to this? Why did it NOT work out with you guys in Karizma?
JAY R: "Until this day I have no idea. I'm assuming that it was time for a change."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 4) True or False: YOU and your partner vocalist Emery....HAD NO RESPECT for Rene, to the point that both of you were undermining his authority.... something that can be confirmed coming from people close to him and a couple of other people in the industry. What's your take on that?
JAY R: "False! Emmery and I were leaders of karizma. Not followers. I could careless what others think besides the staff and ex band mates."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 5) Are every single one of your ex-bandmates, as well as RENE himself willing to back up what you just said? Was it not one of the main reasons why the relationship turned sour between you guys and Rene?
JAY R: "At this point they're loyal to Rene due to increase on their pay. They're not worried about that."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 6) What's next for you and Emery musically?
JAY R: "You will have to stay tuned Pat! We working!."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 7) Did any or both of you TRY at any time during your Karizma or after...to JOIN another popular group?
JAY R: "Nope."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 9) Would you agree that one of the major handicaps that the band had when the both of you were there, was that the two of you DO NOT compose music?
JAY R: "I came into this business in the age of 21. In this business you must have the credentials and respect to be a composer or producer. It's unfortunate that I can't provide that specific department, but I can also fulfill different roles. The band's problem wasn't producing."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 10) WHAT was the band's problem?
JAY R: "Not correcting our mistakes. At this point it doesn't matter. I moved forward."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 11) Do you have any regrets about being part of the band, and perhaps things that you could've done differently.... that probably would've changed the outcome?
JAY R: "No regrets at all! It was a great 6 years run but came to an end. The outcome will remain the same."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 12) Did you and Emery prevent Rene from making certain MUSICIAN moves by either BLOCKING them, or showing your disapproval of them by NOT being too welcoming to the ideas?
JAY R: "It was a collective agreement with all musicians good or bad."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 13) What is Rene's BAD trait that HURT The business in your opinion?
JAY R: "Lack of leadership.."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 14) If you saw Rene today, would you go up to him and shake his hand, ignore him, or tear into him asking why he sent the letter?
JAY R: "I do not have a personal problem with the guy."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 15) if he made the offer to have you return to the group but without lead vocalist Emery.... would you make the move or not?
JAY R: "No sir! I'm good."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 16) Do you believe that the Karizma fans will follow you guys in the next move, or will they remain loyal to Karizma?
JAY R: "Honestly I don't know. We were the face of Karizma. I can't control who our fans or karizma fans be loyal too. Our fans in general are fans of music so they will continue to be fans of the music."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 17) Did you make a mistake by removing yourselves as co-owners of the business.... or were you never co-owners? I'm trying to figure out how you guys were dismissed, something that would not have happened if you were also owners of the business.
JAY R: "There was no mistake at all. We believed in Rene. He allegedly knew the business so he filed the documents for the band to be registered within his name. We always knew word of mouth that we were considered band owners but we never cared for it legally cause our bond was more than just friendship. It was brotherhood. We were dismissed because he wanted a change."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 18) Have you learned any lessons from your Karizma adventure? If yes....WHAT?
JAY R: "Of course! When creating, forming, or participating brand together takes a lot of energy, sacrifice, discipline, patience and hunger!."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 19) Did you 2 approach any HMI investors to help with your new band coming up?
JAY R: "NOPE."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 20) One last word for the fans of your former group what would you say?
JAY R: " I would like to thank everyone that have been supporting us since day one! Continue supporting and believing in us! We love you! Stay tuned! We working!"

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

Re: FORMER KARIZMA guitarist JAY R INTERVIEW on GROUP DIVORCE!

Postby Dogla » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:29 pm

Ahhhh c'mon Rene....leave the young men alone.
There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self.
Dogla

MUSIC