HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

PHILADEPHIA promoter CLIFFORD RAPHAEL HMI TALK + MORE!

PHILADEPHIA promoter CLIFFORD RAPHAEL HMI TALK + MORE!

Postby kompamagazine » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:50 pm

An interview with Philadelphia promoter CLIFFORD RAPHAEL. READ BELOW!

1) What can you tell us about the party you having tonight in Philly? What is the vibe you're getting in the city?
CLIFFORD Raphael: I must say that the feedback is overwhelmingly positive. Although the entities coordinating this event (MARIBOU NKP & HALL) have been in the business for quite some time in Philadelphia, we are currently experiencing an unprecedented strong and interactive response to the KLASS & EMELINE MICHEL lineup. We wanted to offer something different. It's safe to say that the challenge for most of us promoters these days, is to regain the public that we lost over the years while gaining new interests in our culture simultaneously. With that in mind, we booked Emeline Michel to help us achieve this goal. Base on the feedback, I think it's a winning formula. So tonight we start at 9PM sharp at the Red Wine PHILADELPHIA."

2) How many people does the party need to have in terms of paid attendance for you to consider it a success? How many are you expecting?
Clifford Raphael: Well, PHILADELPHIA is an evolving market with potential. The average number in attendance in our area is two to three hundreds. Considering the quality and the rarity of our upscale events we average between six to eight hundreds paid attendees per event. Nevertheless we are expecting well over a thousand this Saturday.

3) If you say that Philly averages about 200 to 300 people per party, how is your company able to get way above that for your parties?
Clifford Raphael: Our focus is quality entertainment. With that said we are very careful in our selection of venues. This is the main reason why we attract way more consumers (MÉLOMANE).We were the first in Philadelphia to book The world renowned THEATER OF LIVING ARTS (TLA) managed by Live nation in December of 2013. Our official count at that event was Eight hundred plus with T-VICE.
KLASS & T-VICE a year later in 2014 at District N9NE made a thousand in attendance.

The second component contributing to our success is our interactive promotional techniques that are engaging. Norma Clotaire of NKP is very successful on social media. Last but not least, we work tirelessly to offer the best possible line up depending on the Public's interest.

4) In your opinion, which band is the most popular in the Philadelphia market and why?
Clifford Raphael: Klass and T-VICE so far have generated the most interest in Philadelphia based on my experience. We worked with Nulook once in May 2015, the response was equally positive. Then again I have seen many successful, popular bands come to Philly and failed.

5) In the entire HMI, rank the different markets/cities in terms of importance....and where does Philly figure in there? Rank the markets
1 2 3 4.......
Clifford Raphael: "1. Haiti
2. Miami
3. New York City
4. North jersey
5. Boston
6. Orlando
7. Atlanta & The DMV
8. PHILADELPHIA
9. Houston
-Considering the number of events planned & their magnitude
-Considering the crowd response in attendance
I can not speculate on Houston.
Considering the demographic at our events I think Philadelphia has the potential to occupy a higher rank in the near future, should we keep the momentum.
Our support area extends on the entire east coast pending that we reach out to them through promotion.
New York & New Jersey have shown growing interest in Philadelphia.

6) One last word for the partygoers for tonight's party.
Clifford Raphael: "We are as excited as the public about tonight. We have been working tirelessly in coordinating this event to perfection in order to offer you the best entertaining experience possible. We start at 9 PM, early arrival is a must if you are planning to enjoy the event in its entirety. We appreciate the continued support from the public and Thank you Pat for giving me the chance to connect with your platform."

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

MUSIC