HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

MASS VOCAL "Player pa bay": SONG BY SONG CD REVIEW!

MASS VOCAL "Player pa bay": SONG BY SONG CD REVIEW!

Postby kompamagazine » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:47 pm

*ANIMATE: A salute to what we call "animate" in the business. It's not done often when a whole song is actually dedicated to them; it's usually reserved to a couple of shoutouts on certain songs for certain individuals from certain bands (Baz kap jere baz most times). The "animate" in the business should love this one.

*CREATURE NOUVELLE: The music and background vocals are the standouts on this track. Some parts of the lyrics are also nice. "Love ou bel...Ou gen yon beaute ki naturel....yon regard si belle et sensuel". The end product for this song would have been much better had they kept the song "simple", instead of trying to expand it to make it more than it is. Nevertheless...the MUSIC is the highlight of this track.

*DASOMAN: Nice horns to begin the song as it hints at a compas direct track. THE GUITAR AND KEYBOARDS ON THIS SONG IS SICK. My issue with this song is when they should just let the music/groove carry the tune (Kite music la RESPIRE); the vocals just does NOT give it a chance. The music KAP BOUYI ANBA A IS AWESOME....just too bad that not enough chance is given to it to shine. The hype in the song is great.

*HAITI: Strong message accompanied by some great music. What I like a lot about this song also is that YO KITE MUSIC/GROOVE LA "respire" san yo pa anmerde l. "Yon si bel peyi nou genyen...nap maltretel......Minm le lot nation pran poz ke yap ede....se interet yo ke yap jere.Tout peyi fe progres...Haiti ret deye". One of my favorites on the CD.

*I WANT YOU BACK: Solid song also includes a nice solo guitar from JP of Kai.

*LEAVE ME ALONE: "Fè mwen pase mizè te priorite w" is a famous line from the song, as you get an idea of a relationship gone sour, with the artist asking the lady to leave him alone. Nice track in terms of the music, and a very nice rap feature in there. A cool track.

*OU SE: One of my favorite tracks on the CD. Very catchy, "OU SE MEDIKAMAN POU KÈ M". "Après Bon Dieu, ou se rezon ki fè map viv". Some really deep words on this song. Yon bon compas love. Mwen fanatik mizik sa.

*PLAYER: A few good messages in there such as "Genyen 4/5 fanm pa vle di w se gaçon"....but having said that, the song did not really do too much for me "musically"

*POUKI SE YO: Whoever is playing the BASS on this song...CHAPO BA. The bass stole the spotlight in this song in my opinion. Having said that...compas kap bouyi nan mizik sa....ON POINT. The rap on here is also good in my opinion. This song flows along the lines of "RESPECTE FANM"....a salute to the ladies. In terms of the MUSIC and total package, it is one of my favorites on the CD.

*POUKIM TE PATI: OK song, but there are other better songs on the cd.

*TRUE LOVE: The horns at the beginning sound a bit similar to the Nu Look classic "Lanmou n pap janm fini". This song has a lot of inspiration from the OLD VERSION OF NU LOOK/ARLY LARIVIERE if you ask me. This one is also one of the strongest on the CD, and when it actually ended, I was asking for more.

*The GOOD: The strongest point on this CD is THE MUSIC/INSTRUMENTALS playing, as well as the background vocals on some songs. There are some GREAT & STRONG MESSAGES of LOVE and LIFE on this CD. Messages that go straight to the heart and make you think hard.

*The BAD: The whole or most of the CD is on one TEMPO...The mid-tempo range. I don't think there is any UPTEMPO FAST song on there from what I heard. When you have a whole CD on one wave for most of it, you might tend to get tired of the same tempo a little bit. Having said that, maybe MASS VOKAL knows his limitations vocally, therefore he does not jump into the uptempo because that might not be a strong point of his.

*FAVORITE SONGS: Haiti, Ou Se, Pouki se yo, and True Love.

RESUME: A solid CD that does have songs and MUSIC/GROOVES on there that you will enjoy as a compas fan. Won't you please give it a listen? I am sure that you will find something to your liking in there. MASS VOKAL kinbe la,...kontinue travay la.

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

MUSIC