HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

VAYB "Game Over": SONG BY SONG KOMPA MAGAZINE CD REVIEW!

Postby kompamagazine » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:05 pm

1)*GAME OVER: The first video and kickoff single from the CD (excluding Lanmou Fasil). Very smart move going with a track that resembles Carimi from the word "JUMP". Also very good move releasing the song WITH THE VIDEO at the same time, as I believe the visual really helps in selling this song better. It's a nice way to show that Mickael is back full steam on the market. Will serve its purpose well "LIVE", as well as the need for a club UPTEMPO banger, being that "Lanmou Fasil" was a slow track. Nice cameo by Nando and Noldy on the rap/hype part of this song.

2)*FÒ M ALE: Track about WHY he needs to GO and leave the relationship that he is in. "POUKI LÈ M AVE W...MWEN SENTI MWEN VLE FOU". Nice track despite the fact that the subject is NOT something I believe will be a popular topic with couples who "might" be going through rough patches. It is a solid track....but SAD subject.

3)*POTO: The first song from the CD that I heard that had me going back to the rewind/replay button non-stop. Has all the ingredients to be a hit. A) Very catchy B) SIMPLE WORDS C) NICE TOPIC kind of like Konpa Kreyol's "Viens chez moi"....only in this song FI A BAY "POTO" and does NOT show up. ANMWEYYYYYYYYYYYYY (Mate a tè a tankou w ti boul) D) GUIRAND at his "begging/feel sorry for me" voice "best". E) A FUNNY STORY THAT A LOT OF PEOPLE (especially the young crowd) will be able to relate to. "PDH MET LUMYE SOU MWEN...TELMAN POTO VOLÈ KOURAN KA VIN PRAN PRIZ SOU MWEN". ANMWEYYYYYYYYYYYY. If MICKAEL and VAYB ignore this song in the early going in terms of pushing this song, in my opinion, it will be a big mistake.

4)*ONE NIGHT STAND (featuring ROODY ROODBOY): The song that seems to have jumped out of the gate right away as the favorite on the CD for many. It could be because the song is very good, and it could also be because of the great cameo appearance by HOT LIKE FIRE (CHO TANKOU DU FEU) artist Roody Roodboy. All I can say is once the people are riding this wave, you take advantage of it and ride it along with them. I predict that this song will be huge for VAYB and ROODY......si yo pa dòmi sou li. It's the kind of song I believe that EVEN IF Mickael and Vayb wanted to ignore it....LAP PASSE KAN MINM! 

5)*KITE M VAYB (Featuring Shabba): This track has a CARIMI flow that can't be denied. Ou pata di se CARLO ki compose mizik sa because it has his musical signature...(JOKE wi...but serious with what I said about the musical vibe); but this is the kind of track that will remind many Carimi fans that MICKAEL was always a big part of the entire pkg...including musically. Cool guest appearance by Shabba on the track. This song also has that "JAZ LA DEDOUBLE" skit that is very popular when they play LIVE. Good track to have on the CD.

6)*OU PA NAN PLAS MWEN!: Some very strong RELATIONSHIP words...but will or can people read the words to this song as if Mickael is talking to his former Carimi bandmates and manager Fito? (Maybe more Richard and Fito) Eske se pawol ki "DEGUISE" that has a DOUBLE MEANING? Hmmmm. Go listen to the lyrics carefully and you will understand EXACTLY what I am talking about. Some DEEP DEEP DEEP STRONG WORDS. :| The music is EXCELLENT. BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO. "NAN PI VYE TAN NAN LA VI M...OU BANM DO. WAP BANM TOUT VYE DEFO....SANTI M PRAN YON GWO SO". Simply said...a great great track regardless of the meaning behind it. A "must listen" track for sure.

7)*JE FERAI: TOU GÒL. TOU GÒL. ANMWEYYYYYYYYYYY. This song should have been higher on the CD in terms of placement (Numero 3 ou 4). The duet by JUDE DELOUCHES (Guitar/Vocals) and Mickael just goes straight to the heart and mind. VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO....TOU DWAT. One of my favorites on the CD. Very catchy and radio and bal friendly. YO MÈT TE METE MIZIK SA EN DENYE SOU CD A....LI TAP PASSE! HUGE HUGE HUGE song for the group. Another one of the songs that I could not stop playing over and over when I first purchased the CD. MAP GAD FEINT MICKAEL ak VAYB ak mizik sa.

8)*NOU NAN LARI A: VAYB shows it's "Mayi Moulin" compas style on this track. This track will easily appeal to the compas DIRECT fans....which I believe is the clientele that this song is targeting. THE GUITAR ON THIS TRACK IS FIRE!!!!!!!! One of my favorite tracks on the CD. "LA RI SA SE MET GAN...MET CRAMPONS.". THIS ONE RIGHT HERE......BAL DIRECT "Live"....without hesitation.

9)*LANMOU FASIL: The first VAYB single that came out before the band's debut. Good to see that it's on here because I loved the song when it first came out.

10)*SE WÈ YA WÈ NOU (featuring WANITO): This song is so different than what's on the CD, and it also reminds me of the original Wanito from his debut CD. A song about "US against THEM" in terms of THEY are saying that our love is not going to last....so we will prove them WRONG...therefore "SE WÈ YA WÈ NOU". I loooooooooove this song. Having said that, Wanito might have to push the song HIMSELF with a video and asking Mickael to appear in it....so that the song does not get lost on the CD. BÈL VIBE on this track. I can't stop singing this track.

11)*A MWATYE: Solid track that to me does not start until the 2 minute mark when the keyboard kicks in. It actually has a STRONG RESEMBLANCE to NU LOOK in terms of the HORN SECTION and the KEYBOARDS. You could actually take off Mickael's voice and put ARLY's voice on there and it would come off as a Nu Look track. Poudi se pa Arly ki compose mizik sa? Hmmmm....Banm mande Shedley. VERY SOLID TRACK. "MATHEMATIC SA PA FÈ SANS NON LA...2+2=1. "NOU PRAN LA RI A....PYE GAUCHE/PYE DWAT...NOU ALÈZ A TOU DEUX." Very very solid track.

12)*OU SOU TCHECK: As soon as I heard this song I fell for it because it has a different vibe than what's on the CD. It also has an extremely young sound, and the saying "OU SOU TCHECK" depi lè ou rantre nan salle la....MEANING MAP VEYE W...YOU CAUGHT MY ATTENTION. AWESOME KEYBOARDS AND MUSIC period. I can't stop playing this track here sung by Jude Delouches.

13)*RALENTI: The remake of the Oswald song that VAYB released a few months back.

*POSITIVE: A) Several POTENTIAL HITS in my opinion with songs like "One Night stand", "Je Ferai", "Poto" being on top of "MY" LIST in my opinion.

B) He has a TOUT MOUN JWEN CD as VAYB caters to different audiences. The CARIMI clientele with songs like "Game Over" and "Kite m Vayb". The COMPAS DIRECT crowd with bangers like "Nou Nan La Ri A" and "A Mwatye". The NEW WAVE/YOUNG crowd with "OU SOU TCHECK" and "POTO"....and other songs that cater to mixed clienteles.

C) GUEST STARS: "A-LIST" guest stars with Roody Roodboy and Shabba. Wanito also represents big time in terms of contribution. ROODBOY the hottest solo artist in the business right now...he hits a TOUCHDOWN with VAYB on "One Night stand".

D) The fact that the very talented JUDE DELOUCHES sings 2 songs on the CD shows that Mickael Guirand is NOT selfish, and is willing to use whatever weapon that can score for the group...and JUDE DELOUCHES IS A HUGE WEAPON FOR VAYB as a singer and guitar player/vocalist.

*NEGATIVE: I do NOT like the SONG ORDER on the CD. "JE FERAI" and "NOU NAN LA RI A" should have been HIGHER on the CD. 2 songs featuring Roody Roodboy and Shabba are "back to back"; I would have separated them.
______

*MY WORRY: VAYB has a kick ass CD, and I am afraid that like any CD that has a lot of songs, there will be songs that will NOT get the opportunity to shine and do as much damage for the band as they could have. I sincerely hope that MICKAEL GUIRAND and the VAYB crew think very carefully about which ones that they plan to push "FIRST", because like I always say, if a song is NOT pushed FULL SPEED BY A GROUP WITHIN THE FIRST 6 MONTHS "Live".....it will not have the same impact. GEN MIZIK KAP PRAN FRAP...but VAYB has to make sure that they push the ones that have the potential to do "THE MOST" FOR THE BAND. Put "personal" feelings for songs aside and THINK "BUSINESS" $$$$$$.

*MY FAVORITE SONGS: Such a tough choice because I really like the whole CD, and there are quite a few that I like "a lot". If I had to make a choice for me I would go for "POTO", "JE FERAI", "ONE NIGHT STAND", "OU PA NAN PLAS MWEN", "NOU NAN LA RI A", "OU SOU TCHECK" and "SE WÈ NA WÈ YO".

MICKAEL GUIRAND came back on the scene "EN MAFIOSO" stylee.. I believe that this CD will surprise a lot of people. SEVERAL POTENTIAL HITS on the CD in my opinion. After this CD, I do believe that the critics, or most of them at least will be silenced in terms of the notion that Mickael being able to work and get strong music material from other producers besides his former producers Richard and Carlo. I do believe that this CD will put VAYB "NAN BATAY" among the heavyweights in the business....now it's just a matter of waiting to see which song or songs that the PUBLIC decides to ride with to turn them into HITS. THEY will have the last word. Having said that...VAYB NAN LA RI HMI LA....YO NAN BATAY "BIG TIME" in my opinion. YO VOYE PREMYE KOUT ROCH LA.....nap tan lòt jazz yo. CONGRATS VAYB (Mickael/Shedly/Noldy and the rest of the gang).....I LOOOOOVE THE CD because I can't stop listening to it.

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

Re: RE: VAYB

Postby jay_nice360 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:24 am

"FÒ M ALE" SAD SUBJECT OR NOT nou mèt veye mizik sa a wi not because it's my favorite song but a kick ass Track. Pawòl yo ka tris men pou mwen se meyè mizik ke m renmen apre "Souvni" de Nu Look. My two cents of course. An atandan, Fò m ale sou mòd repeat pou mwen depi lè cd a soti. Awesome job guys[emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji123][emoji123][emoji109][emoji109][emoji109]

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk
jay_nice360

Re: VAYB "Game Over": SONG BY SONG KOMPA MAGAZINE CD REVIEW!

Postby Ladykreyol » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:12 pm

Great breakdown Pat. Can’t wait to get my hands on this one. Loved the video and no pun intended the overall energetic vibe. :D

Good Luck VAYB!
Ladykreyol

Postby Dogla » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:17 pm

If they don't push POTO... sa tap yon krime paske mizik sa gen bagay! Congrats to MG and Vayb on a excellent album! 8-)
There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self.
Dogla

Postby passionkompa » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:27 pm

Thanks Pat for the review. I love a mwatye, one night stand, Fom ale, ou pa lan plas mwen but overall it's a nice cd.
passionkompa

MUSIC