HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

IS IT TIME TO PUT "3 BAND PARTIES" ON CHILL MODE?

Re: IS IT TIME TO PUT "3 BAND PARTIES" ON CHILL MODE?

Postby Polo Valdez » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:34 pm

I have not been to a Haitian 3Band party yet, but I am assuming that the gap created during the setup of each set may have killed all the fun, and that does surely wear out the partygoers.. Not sure if any promoter had tried this before " Using a two stages approach" if the venues are big enough or can allow to have two stages pre-loaded , set up and sound check completed before the show. So, when the first set is complete, the other band can just use the other stage without interruption in order to keep the transition as smooth as possible so you do not take away the party mood from the crowd in order to avoid the mood swing. While the other band is performing, they can then empty the other stage and set it up for the 3rd band, the only caveat is that they will have to do a live sound check for the last set up. Using an engineer who knows what he is doing can minimize that time surely.

Polo Valdez

Re: IS IT TIME TO PUT "3 BAND PARTIES" ON CHILL MODE?

Postby 1Lov' » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:59 pm

CHILL MODE se Rans...
I've been to quite a few and I'm usually left thinking about how much I just wasted my money waiting on the 3 bands deciding who goes on first.. :( :(
Thank God, I go mainly because of the Social Factor ( joining friends I haven't partied with in a while and some Bird watching).. :D :D
Cesaire-Conde-Ceide Guitar Asylum, NYC District
1Lov'

MUSIC