HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

IS IT TIME TO PUT "3 BAND PARTIES" ON CHILL MODE?

IS IT TIME TO PUT "3 BAND PARTIES" ON CHILL MODE?

Postby kompamagazine » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:29 am

3 BAND PARTIES have always divided fan opinion in terms of their NEED in the business. To put it bluntly, I would almost say that A LOT of fans don't like them. I, on a personal; level, am a great fan of 3 band parties, providing that it is the right mix of bands to help create an exciting evening. As a matter of fact, even if it's not the right mix of bands, me as a journalist, it's good for me because I get to see 3 different bands in 1 night.

2 recent "3 band parties" took major hits in Miami this past month, which now makes people wonder...ARE THE FANS TIRED OF OF THE 3 BAND PARTIES; or are there other factors that contributed to those 2 parties leaving a black stain on the bands' resumes? KLASS/T-VICE/HARMONIK weeks earlier, and DISIP/KREYOL LA/DJAKOUT, not too long ago....They both to put it nicely did not do as much as many thought that they would in the attendance department. WHY? When you look at BOTH "3 Band parties"; in my opinion, they are EXCELLENT LINEUPS. The kind of lineup that should make compas fans/lovers jump for joy and prepare their outfits weeks in advance. Were these 2 "TRIPLE BANGERS" just a temporary blimp; or is it something that the HMI should be concerned about?

It also seems that many 2 BAND parties either do BETTER or can give you just about the SAME NUMBERS as "3 band parties" most of the time. If that keeps being the trend and promoters have a chance to SAVE MONEY by keeping a third band out.....why does there continue to be a debate about 3 band parties RIGHT NOW?

The fans' main concern with 3 BAND PARTIES remains that they don't get to see their favorite bands PLAY ENOUGH in such a setting.

A Suivre!

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

Re: IS IT TIME TO PUT "3 BAND PARTIES" ON CHILL MODE?

Postby larueda » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:02 pm

I think the 3 bands line up is more suitable for concert/festival setting. 3 bands wouldn't be a problem if all three has new material. Imagine a line up with Klass, Disip, and Nu-look. All new materials, I'd pay $150 to witness it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
larueda

Postby Ernst » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:46 pm

U nail it in the last paragraph Pat. I rarely go to a 3 bands party. It's a waste of time in my opinion. Move 100 preske touye'w nan sound check sèlman. I live with 2 bands. However, ban'm 1 band mwen.
Ernst

Postby DONCUE_69 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:29 pm

For the time being, there is a solution
put Klass on a flyer, and add any band you feel like, your party will be a success. lajan cash :mrgreen: la pè nan poch :D
manti'm fè ??? vin'n bat mwen non
tout ravet pran kou :mrgreen:
DONCUE_69

Postby kompamagazine » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:46 pm

DONCUE

WRONG because the KLASS/TVICE/HARMONIK in Miami a few weeks ago did NOT do the numbers that many expected for such a great lineup.

KM!
kompamagazine
Site Admin

Postby KingDave » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:49 pm

Neg la fin pale li Di vin bat li. :D :D
put Klass on a flyer, and add any band you feel like, your party will be a success. lajan cash :mrgreen: la pè nan poch :D
#BlackExcellence
KingDave

Postby DONCUE_69 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:57 pm

DONCUE

WRONG because the KLASS/TVICE/HARMONIK in Miami a few weeks ago did NOT do the numbers that many expected for such a great lineup.

KM!
I am talking right now Pat
Cd pat ko soti
:mrgreen:
tout ravet pran kou :mrgreen:
DONCUE_69

Postby Ernst » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:31 am

You half right. Just book Klass epi piyay pou moun ki depansé kòb yo. Klass got this
Ernst

Postby gentleman1 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:13 pm

Bagay 3 band sa mpat janm renmenl....sitou si yon jazz ap Fe enbesil pa vle kite stage la

blood is thicker than water
gentleman1

Postby Dogla » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:25 pm

DONCUE

KM!
Pat ou pa we neg la obsessed avec Klass. Li pa we anyen devan'l :?
There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self.
Dogla

MUSIC