HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

Edersse Stanis Pipo The Undisputed Front man in the HMI.

Edersse Stanis Pipo The Undisputed Front man in the HMI.

Postby shah » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:52 am

Pipo, the lead singer for Klass, has finally received the world of respect that has been long overdue and quite deserved. The long tumultuous journey to success for Pipo, born Edersse Stanis Pipo, began a while back in his early days with his first band Passion, in Montreal, Canada, then onto Dezine in Miami, Florida. Thereafter, he joined Hangout, Beljaz, and Nulook. As of present, he is a proud owner of Klass, the ChouChou of today's Konpa Direk.

Pipo has been coming to our living rooms and our computer screens via YouTube, Soundcloud, FaceBook and many of the other social media. This has been a long and steep climb of the HMI mountain for Pipo. Now that I have learned and witnessed so much about this man I can definitely say, that he was always misunderstood. I was, initially, one of his critics who witnessed his temporary tenure from one musical group to the next which I couldn’t comprehend at all. However, if one speaks to people close to him who know him well, as I did, then one will have a better perspective of the man he is, and not have any negative things to say about the man. He is certainly praiseworthy.

Turbo, Duly, and Ti-Guy Atlanta who are close friends to Pipo often said to me, “Jason Zanmi nou Pipo saa ou woue laa li passé wi”. I quickly understood what that meant and thought of the many stories I’d been told. Through it all, Pipo managed to stay humble and blamed no one for his misfortune. He remains reserved and will not even comment on any of his prior situations. His focus as an artist and a commanding voice in the business is simply to sing and singing is what he does best. I strongly believe that life challenges can only make one grow stronger if one is able and willing to react with humility and patience when facing a dark obstacle. To that end, Pipo accomplished just that.

Konpa, the popular music of Haiti, produced a lot of legendary singers. In today’s HMI, how does one define a Soul singer and a legendary one? Well, one may search the English or the French dictionaries for answers but as far as I am concerned it is the ability of an artist or a singer to deliver a song with emotions that can make one dream of the unknown and leave his or her marks for decades in the industry and even someone's life. Also, a singer that can bring joyful memories and also make one cry with thinking what one life had been or could have been. It is also the ability of that artist to channel those personal feelings with deep emotions and with every fiber of his or her being. On that note, I conclude and define Pipo as the undisputed and the ultimate soul singer of our Konpa Direk of this present generation and future generations to come.

Pipo is an artist who brings pure joy into the heart of so many. I witness the different facets of this man’s presence on stage; the emotions, the candor and the fun he exhibits make for a superb performance each time. He is charismatic and also polite. Pipo is not a “front man WANNABE”; his presence on stage is all it takes to get the crowd going. All that and his persona as a human being make him the ultimate and actual front man in this business. And for all his critics who would like to say otherwise, come with an open mind and listen without any bias this new Klass album "Fel ak tout Kew", just released this year, then come see me. Because the delivery of every song on this CD is clear and fluid from English to Kreyol to French to Spanish and especially the rendition of Journey’s "Faithfully". Whether slow tempo, mid-tempo or up-tempo, Pipo has it on lock-down because of his versatility.

Pipo makes Klass the envy of the HMI with his commanding voice and his popularity and especially his GQ allure. However, from what I have learned, there are some out there who are trying to dehumanize him by any means necessary because of the threat he poses to others as a competitor. God willing his mother's spirit will always grace him and chase the wrongdoers.

Truly, Pipo is a leading front man without any hidden agenda. He is respected by his peers such as living legends Cubano, Zouzoule, King Kino, Dener Ceide just to name a few.

Klass and Pipo are one unit. One can’t do without the other. The future of Pipo and Klass are interchangeable. One thing I know for certain, this new album definitely legitimizes their existence as one band, one non-negotiable front man with Maestro Richie leading the way.

Pipo's career is just getting started. His future is like a clear night sky full of bright stars. I thank you, Pipo for your continuous contributions to our music. Keep it up young man. Epi Pipo Poze nan Klass la Tout Jan.

Written by Jason Accime

Last edited by shah on Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
shah

Re: Edersse Stanis Pipo The Undisputed Front man in the HMI.

Postby jay1804 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:10 am

Nèkrazem, Shah I have goosebumps reading this piece. There are 4 artists nan HMI la ki fè efè sa yo sou mwen le moun pale de yo. Se Isnard Douby, King Kino, Richie Klass, and one of my Idols Pipo. Misundestood him is the word. I have always believed in Pipo. The song "SOS" from his Beljaz days has had a HUGE impact on me. And now its fair to say that Pipo is definitely at the top with greats like Douby, King Kino, Shoubou, Cubano, and Ti Manno. Many misunderstood him big time but I knew The Great Richie was going to bring out the very best of Pipo; where OTHERS FAILED and failed miserably with him. Talent recognize talent. Richie was smart enough to realize the amount of damage li te ka fe ak Pipo, knowing the power behind his voice. Shah, my bro thank you. You've made my day with this piece en verité. Anpil respè pou ou brother.
Well said!!
The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection .:
jay1804

Postby Big VALBOSKI » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:09 pm

Bagay yo bon nan min Shah....se sa wi....mwen swete ke se ak tout ke'w wap ekri tout bagay sa yo sou muzicien KLASS yo. Good job!
Big VALBOSKI

Postby shah » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:17 pm

Nèkrazem, Shah I have goosebumps reading this piece. There are 4 artists nan HMI la ki fè efè sa yo sou mwen le moun pale de yo. Se Isnard Douby, King Kino, Richie Klass, and one of my Idols Pipo. Misundestood him is the word. I have always believed in Pipo. The song "SOS" from his Beljaz days has had a HUGE impact on me. And now its fair to say that Pipo is definitely at the top with greats like Douby, King Kino, Shoubou, Cubano, and Ti Manno. Many misunderstood him big time but I knew The Great Richie was going to bring out the very best of Pipo; where OTHERS FAILED and failed miserably with him. Talent recognize talent. Richie was smart enough to realize the amount of damage li te ka fe ak Pipo, knowing the power behind his voice. Shah, my bro thank you. You've made my day with this piece en verité. Anpil respè pou ou brother.
Well said!!
I appreciate that brother pam for reading the whole piece because nowadays people don't take the time to read especially some of us black folks. I totally agree with you. You know what else, now there is a platform for people to know about our artists so it would be embarrassing if no one writes about them. I will continue to do that as long as I am alive because back them our legends didn't have that kind of exposure. Thanks again my brother. Kompa Direk for life.
shah

Postby shah » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:20 pm

Bagay yo bon nan min Shah....se sa wi....mwen swete ke se ak tout ke'w wap ekri tout bagay sa yo sou muzicien KLASS yo. Good job!
Zanmi,
Mande mizisien Klass yo de JasonKlass apre sa wa konpran.
shah

Postby 1Lov' » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:50 pm

Well done Brother..
In the words chosen in this wonderful Expose', I can feel ou " Fe'l Ak Tout Ke'w"..
You've displayed the true Admiration for a well Derserved Artist.
Peace
Cesaire-Conde-Ceide Guitar Asylum, NYC District
1Lov'

Postby Noupapemoun » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:41 pm

Pipo has definitely evolved a lot as an artist. Since the Beldjaz album I felt he had gone up in the ladder. Then the song on the Confirmation that (for me) put him higher was Destination Finale, he killed it vocally. Both Klass albums showcase a very gifted singer who has full control on his instrument (his voice).

He is now among the elite of the HMI in the frontmen department,, alongide Douby, Kino, Arly, Zouzoul, Cubano, Gazman,...
Noupapemoun

Postby T-Patrick » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:47 pm

Great Article Jason !
Pa okipe moun Ki diw Bagay yo bel nan men'w la bro
Son fanatik D...Ip Li ye. Lol, ak kalite bel travay Sa Wap Fè la
Li tap jis pi saj si yon moun Ta felisite w Pito Epi baw konsèy
Kontinye olye de eseye Fè pase opinyon pèsonel yo kòm INFO

Pipo saaa, son nonm KI pase wi. Se pa Manti, kounya la anpil
Moun Ki te konn ap rele malere a "Mèsenè" kounya yo de men anlè
Yap Di "Pipo Tout JaaaN" Lèw Klass Wa Konpran'n !!!
Men Sa Arly pat ka Fè a wi, Arly Pat vle bay Pipo libète Li paske
Arly te kite Sipèsta pal la domine Li twòp. Kounyaaaaaaaa Gadon
Pipo Richie kap bay Moun Kou ak Souflet nan HMI la, 2 Pi gwo
Viktim maryaj "PIPO, RICHIE" a se 2 Ansyen Kòlèg yo ye viktim Sa yo
Pa lot ke "Arly, Gazzman" Arly pat vle bay Pipo respè Li te merite nan NL
Epi Gazzman Li menm Li te refize Richie Pou swa dizan Disip,
Kounya men Rezilta nan Boul Figi yo. Piyay Pou Pipo. Atis la te konn Sal
Tap di à wi nan Slogan Sa.
Tout Sak pa Bon Pou youn Li trè Bon Pou Yon Lòt. "KLASS"

"Lè'w Klass Wa Konpran'n"
T-Patrick

Postby Big VALBOSKI » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:25 pm

Zanmi,
Mande mizisien Klass yo de JasonKlass apre sa wa konpran.
Big VALBOSKI poko gin gwo kontak sa yo...lol. On a serious note, you are doing a superb job. I pray that you extend this to deserving members of other bands.
Big VALBOSKI

Postby shah » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:11 pm

Big V. KM is my witness I do this for other artists as well not because I am a Klass fan but bc I am a Kompa Direk nut. Thanks Big V
shah

MUSIC