HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

Jean Richard Herard aka Richie: The Prodigy!

Postby shah » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:00 am

In order to begin to understand or know who Richie is, I had to go back to nearly two decades ago to where it all started. Richie began this long road to fame in his teenage years as part of PowerX, in Cap Haitian; thereafter he continued on this road to the US with the talented band Zenglen and presently is the omnipotent maestro and owner of his own band, Klass the new standard of konpa Direk.

Richie has produced a tremendous amount of hit songs for so many widely known singers throughout his career such as Gracia Delva, Reginald Canje, Frero, Dabens, Gazman, Klemay and most currently Pipo. His flourishing body of work, include hits such as ‘Kouto, Suk Sale, MMS, Move Siyal, Mwen Emew, and Our Love is Forever, Body, and Soul, Priorite Cap Haitien, Bout Leg, Yo Towing Mwen’ etc. These have propelled him to the title of Hit Maker and Superstar Maker. Coincidentally, he can hit a note or two on the microphone as well! Though, he doesn't call himself, by any means, a singer. As long as Richie can breathe, the hit songs will continue to emerge. He will continue to look the competition in the rearview mirror.

This man’s role as a band leader is quite perplexing as well as demanding. Not to discredit anyone in the same line of work, however, this man has surpassed his colleagues by a large margin at every level. Unfortunately instead of praising him for his contributions, he has often been bad mouthed in the business in an egregious manner and spoken about like a dog. Remarkably, like the US president Obama did on his campaign trail, if we recall, maestro Richie dusted it all off his shoulders and continued to be more proactive, creative and authored and arranged more hit songs.

Often when people can't understand where one is coming from, the only way to feed their egos is to petulantly slander someone’s personality. More often than that, consequently, that has always backfired. Klass, the new flagship of Richie's latest creation is the ultimate proof to shut down all hearsay. Fashion statements made by Richie are often met with undue criticism simply because he is Richie. To that, I say I too am Richie!

One ingrate individual had the nerve to call this man “Monotone & Redundant". Seriously, I asked? SMH!!! This is the same individual who has ridden upon Richie’s coattail for years and whom he has helped to pay the bills. What some Haitian people consider criticism, to me is pure evil and jealousy. The so called critics to me are simply venting personal feelings and not regarding his skill, talent, and body of work; rather it seems there is a personal vendetta and these critics just want to settle a score. Bat Chien an, tan met li. Klass nan dada yo!

Moving along, Richie is a gifted musician who has no mercy for the competitors. The endless songs that he’s written have made their way to our homes: living rooms, our dining rooms bedrooms where: Anpil Dezod fet… lol, the internet and endless home parties and clubs for over two decades now. This fact speaks volumes of what this man is made of and stands for. Richie as a maestro has no time to complain, no time to blaspheme anyone because music, his family, and close friends are his primary concerns. The talker will always do the talking and the walker will continue to do the walking!

I have seen over the years the pursuit of perfection by so many other musicians, but Richie's perfectionism is over the top. A true artist should never rely on a Ghostwriter to pen their songs because the result of that song would not be genuine if the inspiration didn't come from the artist's gut, and if the song becomes a hit, it is a hit song for the writer, more so than the artist. Richie simply relies on Richie because he is such a perfectionist. The time sacrificed to his craft, the sleepless nights and the repetitious rehearsals and the sequencing at the studios are all the glory and self-gratification that make it all worth it for this icon. Let me declare here that Richie is the standard of comparison of what a true artist should be for many decades to come.

I thank you, Maestro Richie, for this brand new masterpiece Klass just released. And for your endurance and unwavering commitment to taking all in for so long and continuing to slap the ‘so called’ critics with beautiful hit songs one after another. Konpa Direk and Nemours Jean Baptiste are very proud to welcome you as one of the living legends of this era and definitely for years to come.
Klass it is Baby!!! Richie Poze nan Klass La. Aya!!!

Written by Jason Accime aka Shah.

shah

Re: Jean Richard Herard aka Richie: The Prodigy!

Postby jay1804 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:51 pm

My brother, Keep up what you are doing. Anpil fwa se le artist nou yo fin mouri nou decide ba yo gloire. Richie reminds me of The Great King Kino, when he had his blonde bleached mohawk hairstyle. Haitians did not know what to say. Se mem jan pou Richie yo pa kon sa pou yo di so yo decide pale truth or not. I personally think Richie is way too much for the HMI. Brother pam, this is another great piece that I had the great pleasure of reading. Thanks for taking your time to do this. I appreciated. Anpil respè cheri.

I think Nixon Mesidor should be the next one. This man patiently waited for years to show the HMI he is one of the top bassist player in the HMI.
The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection .:
jay1804

Postby Neg Timid » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:47 pm

Shah,

Se youn nan pi bèl kout plim ou depoze atè la-a. M'ap goumen lontan isiya pou eseye edike manm KM yo de kiyès ki Richie a. Pwoblèm nan, konesans Richie an mizik depase HMI la. Ti minorite zwit (vwa Aristid) k'ap pale Richie mal yo pa konn mizik ase byen pou yo konprann travay Richie ap fè nan Konpa Dirèk la. Mwen panse Mayestwo a ap trè apresye bon rale manch long sa-a ou fè sou li a. Kenbe la gason m, pa moli, kontinye avèk bèl travay sa-a w'ap fè sou board la !

NT
Facebook/: Les Jean-Philippe
Neg Timid

Postby Neg Timid » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:05 am

Shah,

Se youn nan pi bèl kout plim ou depoze atè la-a. M'ap goumen lontan isiya pou eseye edike manm KM yo de kiyès ki Richie a. Pwoblèm nan, konesans Richie an mizik depase HMI la. Ti minorite zwit (vwa Aristid) k'ap pale Richie mal yo pa konn mizik ase byen pou yo konprann travay Richie ap fè nan Konpa Dirèk la. Mwen panse Mayestwo a ap trè apresye bon rale manch long sa-a ou fè sou li a. Kenbe la gason m, pa moli, kontinye avèk bèl travay sa-a w'ap fè sou board la !

NT
Facebook/: Les Jean-Philippe
Neg Timid

Postby Yef » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:08 am

I don't think Ritchie needs any introduction. His contribution to the HMI speaks for itself. He is a unique composer, drummer and singer. When I listen to his work, I get the opportunity to enjoy the triple threat... Melodious compositions, meaningful lyrics, awesome contemporary drum breaks, and ear-friendly background and lead vocals.

We are all thankful!
Yef

Postby shah » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:00 am

All,
I do know that Richie doesn't any any introduction. However, it is imperative that someone puts it into words as ant give when finally have a hall of fame for all our artists, not just Richie.
I thank you Neg Timid and Jay1804 for your kind words. And also thanks to Pat for providing this platform where I am free to express my views. I will not stop because I respect all of them for their hard work. Kompa Direk Devan.
shah

MUSIC