HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

OLIVIER DURET ON DAT7'S 1 YEAR IN THE BUSINESS!

OLIVIER DURET ON DAT7'S 1 YEAR IN THE BUSINESS!

Postby kompamagazine » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:45 pm

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 1 year with Dat7.....Why should the fans think/feel that year 2 is going to be different?
OLIVIER DURET: "We have learned a lot as far as the business aspect of the music industry, we are continuously learning and will soon start implementing our knowledge to how we operate the band. we have the main ingredients to have a successful band, we just need to tie some loose ends epi Konpa direk Devan, Dat7 lol."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Your most memorable moment during your group's 1st year and your LEAST favorite moment during the 1st year that u wished had never happened?
OLIVIER DURET: "Every single one of them were memorable, from the good to the bad cause it's our first time experiencing them as band owners... But performing in Haiti was one of the best to the simple fact that we didn't know what to expect and the way it turned out was awesome, from the fans singing along with us to the compliments after the event and even listening to that LIVE that people have been praising lately.

My least favorite is actually still going on, the obstacles put in our way, not because they're there but more the REASON they are there, got me/us to see the business in a different light. DAT7 stay tuned, we'll be right back!"

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: What REASONS are the obstacles there?
OLIVIER DURET: "Come on Pat, we all know the answer to that. We will just keep working hard to get where we wanna be. I'm sure you've heard many things Pat and if not, I'm sure it'll come to u. LOL. lol"

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

Re: OLIVIER DURET ON DAT7'S 1 YEAR IN THE BUSINESS!

Postby DONCUE_69 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:28 pm

Those are the type of craps I don't want to hear from any bands
Dat7 has the star power to overcome all these obstacles
I can name a few bands that went through these barriers and still manage to make it. Gabel and Xtassy to name a few, I know they went trough the same obstacles Oli is referring to.
their success weren't handed to them, they hustled and still grinding.
Stop complaining, it's not only about good music, you need to promote the band and sell your brand, and everything else will fall in place.
Heck, start working on a new album if need be.
I am not trying to sound negative or throwing shades at Dat7, it's just my 2 cents. The last album is cute but the fans expected more from that bunch.
tout ravet pran kou :mrgreen:
DONCUE_69

Postby jay1804 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:38 am

I really like DAT7. Don't give up guys. Keep pounding. HMI sa pa easy dutout. Band nan bon
The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection .:
jay1804

Postby KingDave » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:50 pm

Easier said than done. They should stop making reference to the Haiti performance as it was not their event.
#BlackExcellence
KingDave

Postby konpaconvert » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:30 am

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: What REASONS are the obstacles there?
OLIVIER DURET: "Come on Pat, we all know the answer to that. We will just keep working hard to get where we wanna be. I'm sure you've heard many things Pat and if not, I'm sure it'll come to u. LOL. lol"
We all know DE HELL! pale kler non Oli...you're a boss now..band owner se saw te vle and made no bones about it so enough with the victim blaming.

From where I sit...Dats7 underachieved even with all the resources at their disposal and cache of certain members (mainly OliD)...they didnt take off as expected not bc of an alleged obstacle (which if I were to guess it would be the typical "T-Vice manipulated things in their favor" excuse)..I think there was not as much of a curiosity factor with the band as lets say when diSip or Klass was formed....then on top of that the hits that Oli sang in the past 2 years were not even from the band, they were from 5Lan n his John Legend cover of 'All of Me"...si yo te gen hit pou fer bri yo tap passe kanminm,...and this was during the down HMI time when nobody had anything new out.

OliD/Dats7 stop with the excuses...rebat kat la and grind your way throuigh it like every other ti djaz tryin to be next level.
konpaconvert

MUSIC