HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

DAT7/TI TANBOU OBSERVATION REGARDING....

DAT7/TI TANBOU OBSERVATION REGARDING....

Postby kompamagazine » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:48 pm

In my DAT7 CD review, I was raving about the song "EXPERIENCE" and how much I liked it, and felt that if it was sung by lead vocalist OLIVIER DURET instead of TI TANBOU; how I think it would probably have been a better idea...EVEN THOUGH I STILL LOVE THE WAY TANBOU sings it.

Well, guess what? The VOICE on the song has grown on me so much, that I now CAN'T imagine hearing anyone else singing that song instead of TI TANBOU. He has this thing in his voice on this song that I can't really describe...while NOT PERFECT; but KI BIEN CHITA/MACHE ak music la. I don't know how he performs the track LIVE to say if they should abandon that experiment (except for that Haiti concert that's on our soundcloud page); but if based only on the STUDIO CD....I can live with it....and LAP MACHE NAN SANM SERIEUSEMENT. Is it because the MUSIC IS THAT GOOD, is it a mixture of both the music and the way TI TANBOU sings the song...I can't really pinpoint it...MUSIC LA JUST MACHE NAN SANM ANPIL! Still curious though to hear Olivier sing that song ONE TIME just to see how it would sound. :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's my favorite track on the CD now AFTER "Je Veux M'envoler". MWEN PA NEGOSYE SA!

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

Re: DAT7/TI TANBOU OBSERVATION REGARDING....

Postby Dogla » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:20 pm

Most of the songs on the Dat7 album have potential! It depends on what song(s) they want to push live...... I'm not complaining.
There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self.
Dogla

Postby 1Lov' » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:40 pm

This Song couldn't have been sung any better.
T-Tanbou did wonderfully. He sang it with so much Soul..
My favorite lines in that song :" Se pa tout konsey ak opinyon pou bay valeu'" & "Se met ko' ki pou veye Ko'".
Bel Pawol..Very nice Album. Unfortunately HMI sa gen twop Twisted Gangsta ladan'l. ;) ;) .
Cesaire-Conde-Ceide Guitar Asylum, NYC District
1Lov'

Postby jay1804 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:15 pm

Bel Gren Mizik. I hope jazz sa rive. For a new Band, live neg yo tight
The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection .:
jay1804

Postby KingDave » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:27 am

You wouldn't know how he performs it live for obvious reasons lol
#BlackExcellence
KingDave

MUSIC