HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

MICKAEL MUSIC PUTS THE HMI ON MAJOR ALERT WITH THIS NOTE!

MICKAEL MUSIC PUTS THE HMI ON MAJOR ALERT WITH THIS NOTE!

Postby kompamagazine » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:21 pm

Interesting letter from MICKAEL MUSIC. Read below.

MICKAEL MUSIC: "Greetings Pat and KM

I wanted to take the time out to inform our Artist community known as the HMI
( Haitian Music Industry) on the " illegal online claims to Haitian music " I'm sure a lot are aware and many others are not. There's a " Third Party" company in DR ( Dominican Republic) taking claims to our music online via an american company based in New York.
When they take claims to your music and videos, they have the rights to it, meaning they can make you take down your Youtube videos and even sell your music on iTunes under their labels. They act like a Record label, once they upload your music and videos the Company in New York's job is to make sure no one else is doing the same. So they report your video link to Youtube and they make you take your videos down.

This has happened to Me and many others, the hacking is Real now in the business and the ( HMI) has no structure in place to aid the artist so it becomes an individual problem. We have no labels, Record companies, publishers as a whole.. So each team is on their own.
This " illegal Claim" to songs and videos online has happened to my team, now we are here in the USA so we can put up a good fight and have claims removed like we did, put what about the Artist in Haiti? Artist are barely making money and an illegal third party company still finds a way to make money off of your music.? Wow and they're in DR hmmm ( that's another story)
FYI There's money to be made on Youtube views, hits etc , that's one reason so many sites upload popular Artist videos. Another way is selling your music on iTunes.

Now the names of theses Companies, their legal teams and contact people i now know after a lot of emails, Complaints and resource all my brands are clear now. I won't publicly display the names of these companies but if any Artist needs it, facing the same issues, I will share it with you Pat so you can share it with them.

We need to fully be aware of the monster the internet really is and the money that can be made from it. I hope this message was useful and helpful to some, we are all in this together " Each One Teach One" Team Haiti Toutan Toutjan."

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

Re: MICKAEL MUSIC PUTS THE HMI ON MAJOR ALERT WITH THIS NOTE!

Postby gentleman1 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:36 pm

Wow..Thank you for the 411. Our artists must look to that.

Blood is thicker than water
gentleman1

MUSIC