HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

Robert Treat Hotel Newark, NJ St Marc party!

Postby shah » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:45 pm

No wonder why some of us don't want to spend their hard earned money to support some Haitian events.

Imagine you went to a party that was supposedly started at 9pm. I got there at 10 pm and there was nothing prepared to get that party started. In my case, I spent $80 for two tickets, $25 for parking, gas and tolls and to seat for 3 hours before a Dj band began his set at around 12:30pm. And about 1:20pm then JBeatz came on stage then he had to cut his set short about 2pm to make room for Klass. BTW, JBeatz was dope although that's not my kind of music but I appreciated his efforts. As to 5Lan, I am speechless. People actually spend money to see these guys? To each his own. To close out the event, Klass got on stage at 2pm and took at least 25 minutes to set up and played until 4 pm. I was very happy with Klass performance but the party itself was a disaster as far as I was concerned although it was packed to a maximum.

My complaint about the party organizers for once is that the women toilet had no papers. I learned that from my wife. The attendees were in the hallway and they made them exit the hallway to go around the building in order to re-enter the dance hall. A very disorganized event. Nonetheless, they made their money. The promoters of that event left me with a very sour taste in my mouth. The unbelievable disrespect of the public continues.

The bands and the headliner had nothing to do with the mediocrity of the event because they were on time. I will not attend another party organized by these guys.

Jason Accime aka Shah

shah

MUSIC