HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

RICHIE says this should be the MINIMUM!

RICHIE says this should be the MINIMUM!

Postby kompamagazine » Fri May 27, 2016 5:51 am

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: In your opinion, how many videos should a CD have in order to say JOB WELL DONE in the marketing department? KEEPING IT REAL as this is the HMI after all.
RICHIE: "I think the MINIMUM number of music videos that a band should do for a CD is 3. If you do MORE than that....even better. A lot of times there are songs on a CD that DEMAND that a music video be made for it because the video just might be that last push needed for the song to take off. OPINION MWEN....MINIMUM 3 MUSIC VIDEO KI TA SUPOZE FET POU YON CD."

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

Re: RICHIE says this should be the MINIMUM!

Postby konpaconvert » Fri May 27, 2016 8:55 am

Before the excuse used to be the return on investment for music videos wasn't worth it and bands with limited budgeting just couldn't afford to do it. In todays market it is absolutely ridiculous for bands who only do 1-2 videos for an album. The problem with these bands is that they are so one-track minded and follow the same copycat model for videos just like they do all their other business practices.

Even though they have done alot better and trying to actually have a storyline...too many bands still think that videos need expensive cars & toys, expensive high rise condos and mansions and a bunch of IG or video models (some not even Haitian) in order for them to feel they made a good video.

It just plain lazy and umimaginative, on top of that its not effective...with today's technological advances one can make a really nice video with minimal budget and be more impactful than some of these haitians videos thats out there.

No disrespect to the video directors who basically just fulfill the vision of the bands bc they have elevated the music video game...but Bands need to do better and no money cant be an excuse any longer
konpaconvert

Postby KingDave » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:13 am

In the HMI I would say at least 4. Except if you are the big bands bands and even then it all depends which big band we are talking about...
#BlackExcellence
KingDave

Postby Hkompa » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:13 am

That's about right, It makes sense to have at 3 videos for an album but Max should be 4. If u do more than that I think it's a waste of money. Gabel did it a couple years back I believe it was fun but at the end I thought it was too much. Good point Maes.

HerbyKompa
Hkompa

MUSIC