HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

FLAV on band vocalists as solo artists + PIPO KLASS!

FLAV on band vocalists as solo artists + PIPO KLASS!

Postby kompamagazine » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:26 pm

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Would you advise vocalists of bands to DOUBLE UP as SOLO ARTISTS outside of their bands…LIKE YOU DO, in order to expand your brand/name outside of your group’s business as a solo entrepreneur; or it’s not an advice that you would give to vocalists of bands?
FLAV: "It's very tricky because it has to be done the right way so it doesn't affect the band. For example majorite collabo Mwen fè se lè GABEL poko gen album deyò; but once we are working on our album... Mwen bay poze a. It's good to expend, but must be done the right way and must also help the band in the process.

So...Oui men fok Chanteur a gen discipline to not get carried away in the process. Ou pral jwenn anpil moun kap diw pou fel solo oubyen ou pa bezwen djazz ect; but once you go solo yonn pap vinn sipòtew. Lè'w fè suksè avek djazz ou et ou fel over and over San djazz la, it's a beautiful feeling, but THE BAND MUST ALWAYS REMAIN A PRIORITY."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: PIPO Klass says that a vocalist in a band doing a SOLO CD is “TROUBLE”. Do you AGREE or DISAGREE with his stance on it? Elaborate. PIPO is basically AGAINST the whole SOLO THING for a vocalist in a band….Does he have a point or not? U agree with him or not?
FLAV: "I disagree because when done the right way with the team involved it will be a plus for everyone. He does have a point though; but only si Li ap fèt Jan Li dwe fet la. For example when Jim Rama approached me to do "Mwen Vle Kimbew" with him, I spoke with the band and recorded my vocals nan studio Pachou a; et Li Edem ak kek melodi ect. Kounya Anpil lòt pot ouvri pou GABEL paske lòt nation ap Mande Kiyes Sa. La Reunion...Nouvelle Caledonie tout ap Mande Jim Rama pou Mwen ak GABEL. Pou yon veteran nan business la maybe it's a bad idea; but pou yon moun like me ki gen seulman 6 ans nan business lan.... it's a HELL YEAH lol."

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

Re: FLAV on band vocalists as solo artists + PIPO KLASS!

Postby KingDave » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:11 am

Well said baby. Well said! Flav has a carecent with GABEL and a solo career. You see how much he insisted on making sure everything gets done the right way? That means he knows and understands what he's talking about since he has been doing it for a while and it has worked without affecting any camp. Good job Flav
#BlackExcellence
KingDave

MUSIC