HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

KARIZMA manager sends response to NYC promoter on....

KARIZMA manager sends response to NYC promoter on....

Postby kompamagazine » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:48 pm

We were sent this response by KARIZMA manager RENE regarding NYC promoter/radio personality TONY SENAT's comments earlier, when he put KARIZMA as one of the 5 bands that need to VEYE ZO YO in the NYC market. READ manager RENE's response below.

RENE KARIZMA: "Greetings Pat,

I just read Tony Senat's comment had about the New York market, including his statement about Karizma .I respectfully disagree with him, of course Karizma has a lot of work to do in order to capture the New York market like Zin and Phantoms used to do back in the 90's and Carimi in 2000's. The market has changed; it is difficult for a band to play every Thursday or Friday since the economy is not what it used to be for the middle class.

I am not certain when was the last time Tony attended a Karizma or a Carimi party. We're hustling in New York :-). I don't want to speak on behalf of Carimi, whether it's in New York or outside they remain one of the biggest acts in the HMI.

New York no longer has the support system that existed in the 90's with Antilles Musique, Nouvel Jenerasyon Records, Geromino and Marc records. In those days, Phillipe Lavelanet and Joubert Charles provided young and upcoming bands with a platform in order to promote their music. Today it's very different, not only that an upcoming like Karizma has to pay for it's own studio production and marketing, you also have to be your own promoter until you reach that higher status for someone else to invest in you.

Karizma is very active on social media, and we really believe in promotion and marketing. We would love to do more, but with a lack luster economy we may not have enough funds to reach to every single radio station in all major HMI cities ( just to play our music).

Karizma is consistently working hard at all level. Just like most businesses, you will have your good days and bad days. Karizma's sophomore album is still fresh and it's doing very well in Martinique (where we recently played in front of 8,000 fans), Guadeloupe, France etc . We have our work cut out for us in Haiti, Florida among other places. We need all media and promoters support in order to make that leap that Tony would like us to make."

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

MUSIC