HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

DJAKOUT's TI DREAD makes declaration & dares YOU to disagree

DJAKOUT's TI DREAD makes declaration & dares YOU to disagree

Postby kompamagazine » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:59 am

DJAKOUT's gongist DAVE "TI DREAD" answered this question from KOMPA MAGAZINE.

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Do you think the DREAD “look” will ever get “tired” in the HMI? It seems as if more and more artists have adopted that look; so do you think THE LADIES will ever get tired of the DREAD LOOK in the HMI and say FE YON LOT BAGAY?
TI DREAD: "I doubt that look will get played out. As for the ladies, I'm not sure if they will get tired of it, because I see a lot of ladies doing the dread thing also even if it's not the natural one. If it wasn't for KING KINO with his style with dreads, and also POUCHON with dreads and style, I doubt that a lot of artists would even do dreads or think of it."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Which one is more "A LA MODE"….DREAD look or BALD HEAD look?
TI DREAD: "DREAD LOOK because tout moun mwen konnen ou bien we.... fe dread or they starting to. Pagen yon kotem pa passe poum pa we plis dread then any other style lolllll. Pouw tet kale .. You gotta have a big beard to match it from what I see. Siw paka pousse gwo barb pa fe tet kale lollll.."

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

Re: DJAKOUT's TI DREAD makes declaration & dares YOU to disagree

Postby KingDave » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:29 pm

And I dare to disagree. More dreads than regular? And also I do think pouchon, kino, top alderman, Richie, pipo, and a few others did have a huge influence on people that decided to go that way but Bob Marley is definitely the ultimate one that set the look. No doubt that he's the one theye have been imitating...
#BlackExcellence
KingDave

MUSIC