HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

ENPOSIB interview on the upcoming CD! (READ)

ENPOSIB interview on the upcoming CD! (READ)

Postby kompamagazine » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:05 pm

With their debut CD set to be released on the market this month, we spoke to ENPOSIB vocalist MEDJY. Check it out.

* 1) The CD finally has a date of arrival. How many songs can we expect on there?
MEDJY: "The cd has 11 tracks including an interlude, so 10 full tracks."

* 2) Can we have some song titles?
MEDJY: "My favorites are "Mete may" and "Zengendeng", but we'll release the song titles one week before the Album release."

* 3) Why are those 2 your favorites in particular? What makes them SPECIAL?
MEDJY: "Mete may" is very different from what we usually do. The vibe is different, the melodies too, but we are taking a risk and trying something and that's what music is about for us and the best thing is that it's sung by Ti Nico and people never heard him on a full track before; so that's why it's one of my favorites. "Zengendeng" is a high tempo track, very catchy and with less significant lyrics than the other songs. It's a song to party to and forget everything."

* 4) If you had to describe your group's musical style to someone who had never heard of ENPOSIB, what would you say?
MEDJY: "Hmmmm this is a hard one because we do play konpa but it has so much reggae and rnb flavor in it, with a small touch of kizomba; I think that's why we sound different."

* 5) If you have the choice of having the band blow up in one of these three markets first....Montreal, USA, or Haiti, and you were told to choose one, which market would it be and why?
MEDJY: "My hometown Haiti will always be my first choice, because this is where i'm from, everything I have are from there: education, culture, my music's influences. Everything that people in Montreal and the States love about us are from Haiti. So i'm proud to say that it would be my first choice."

* 6) With so much expectations on the group from many people expecting a lot from you; did you feel pressure in recording this first CD?
MEDJY: "I cannot call it pressure. It's more some kind of motivation. We are blessed for having people waiting to listen to the product. Let's say ENPOSIB is a chef who has a lot of people coming to eat at his restaurant on the 21s,t so of course his only focus would be their satisfaction. And knowing this, we just work harder everyday."

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

MUSIC