HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

DAT7 REALITY FROM GERALD KEBREAU!

DAT7 REALITY FROM GERALD KEBREAU!

Postby kompamagazine » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:57 pm

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Your thoughts on DAT7. Are they where you thought they would be right now in the HMI, or did you think they would be further UP or DOWN than where they are NOW.. in the popularity department?
GERALD KEBREAU: "Again my answer is based on the limited information that I have; but it would seem that the guys while talented, are facing the reality of being a band owner as opposed to just a gigger; and are going through the necessary motions and hurdles that come with it.

They're also dealing with the lack of ressources available today to make that big BOOM impact that Sweet Micky, T-Vice, and Carimi made when they were coming out. While I hoped for that big boom effect for them, I didn't expect it for all the reasons I just stated. But I also think they're on the right path. Their musical approach is different, their cast is one of the best from a skill level aspect, and they have enough experience, smarts, and know how to make it in the HMI."

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

Re: DAT7 REALITY FROM GERALD KEBREAU!

Postby 1Lov' » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:31 pm

Men sak GK a wi..
Diplomatic to the Max...
Smooth answers without any Spice... :D :D
Cesaire-Conde-Ceide Guitar Asylum, NYC District
1Lov'

Postby jay_nice360 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:54 pm

Pat, Map swiv GK kèk tan sa......Misye wè lwen wi. M toujou renmen jan misye takle kesyon w yo :D Well said GK
jay_nice360

Postby KingDave » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:54 pm

Ala nèg konn pale papa. Li analize kesyon an bien, epi li reponn. But I think what he said is true and also Dat7 tried too early to diverge from the current konpa style that's in vogue and that the fans love. They should've had at least one to keep them interested and then diverge because they're already used to olivier's style and they loved and approved it. So when you bring out something that's not really current and the expectations were not the same then it'll create a problem which I believe is the case right now..
#BlackExcellence
KingDave

MUSIC