HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

NYC PROMOTER MR HAITI ON IF DJ PARTIES ARE A THREAT TO BAND PARTIES!

NYC PROMOTER MR HAITI ON IF DJ PARTIES ARE A THREAT TO BAND PARTIES!

Postby kompamagazine » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:47 am

We spoke to NYC promoter MR HAITI...(Read Below)

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Do you ever see a time in the NYC market where DJ Parties will take over and become the MAIN SOURCE of partygoers....pushing the BAND PARTIES to the side? Are DJ Parties a real threat to BAND parties in the NYC market, or is it just a phase?
MR HAITI: "I don't think DJ parties will ever be just a phase specially right now. I think the HMI is getting a hit, not because of the bands or promoters, but rather the customers we have today. The young Haitians have been exposed to plenty, and don't mind going to a Jamaican American Trini even African party. So now they have more choices in a night whereas back in the days, we were so into our Haitian Music.

Those people now swa gen pitit marye, swa madanm pa vle yo soti lol, so the band nights now become harder than a dj party where those young party goers wouldn't mind going because they know they will get everything in a night. That is why I think a lot of them are so into 5lan's style, as well the gouyad style lol.... because in a Jamaican/trini type of party; si renw pa bon... pa ale lol paske gouyad pa Janm fini lol. Are DJ parties a threat to bands? I wouldn't say so, but I think both, bands and promoters need to think of new ways to get those young Haitians out more to bands parties."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Which ones are more popular TODAY in your opinion in the NYC market? BAND parties or DJ Parties?
MR HAITI: "Both dsj and band parties are in a way limited. It all depends on what you are offering, your promotion strategy, as well as promoter followers. We will see more dj parties only because the risk is less and the income can be more profitable. But THAT doesn't mean that both options can't be a lost."

kompamagazine
Site Admin

MUSIC