Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - *BREAKING NEWS: CARIMI WILL BECOME A FULL BAND IN MAY!*
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

*BREAKING NEWS: CARIMI WILL BECOME A FULL BAND IN MAY!*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yanvaloo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

uhhhhhh Sa vre that's good news for me. Allo Guysssssssssssss it's about time maybe now i will feel a lil Heavier Compa Laughing Laughing , i will keep my eye on this one for sure. Wink

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jetika

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

THAT'S A GREAT NEWS

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mexkompa Roots

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

!
A gong is an attractive move. It’s a very typical Haitian instruments that went into oblivion due to the popularity of digital whatever its name was. Thank God the thing (cursed be its name) is dead.

NEGKREYOL > How does it feel to be on your own, like a complete unknown, like a Rolling Stone? (Bob Dylan) Remember when it was you, Kunta, Pipirite, and mwen VS the world? How does it feel now bro? It was a long battle, eh? >> Patience is sour but its fruit sweet.....

Carimi now. Who is next?...NO PRisioners. The thing is dead. MOuri. Digital >RIP 2006

MK >>>>

Mexkompa Roots

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^^
JeanCelestin said it > that is progress. The HMI is getting so interesting now. More competition means a better product. The glory days of Haitian music seem to be coming up. It seemed impossible 10 years ago but lnow, Haitian music is full speed towards its international recognition. What a relieve. What a glory.

People are getting tired of the digital bands all sounding the same. Good move Carimi. Island Princesse. > yeah sweet; U can’t imagine how many million times kunta, Pipirite, Neg said that here when this was brown and not easy blue like now; The first board > years back.

Now look as a reward They will be the new members of Carimi according to ^^ my dearest bro T-Boxer ***>> another warrior of full sounded Kompa music >Se Li KAY..IN THE HOUSE > They would do a fine job, T-Boxer. Wink Cool Nou Cool now.

Mk >>>

Mexkompa Roots

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

((((((((((( }}}}}}}}

Now all they will need a horn section: trumpet, sax and trombone. > who?,
By the way, are they gonna play with brass? > JCelestin,
CaRiMi need to add some more live musicians before they can call it a live band. where are the horn players? Ab Normal.
>
I could not agree more. We are making progress but in order for Kompa music to really achieve its power and glory it needs HORNS!!! That has been Nu LOOK and Zenglen signature.

Digi is dead. We got drums. Now we need to get the full kitchen (congas, drums, flote tam-tam) Then we go and get HORNS as people is demanding now, then we need Girls. Choirs, ladies doing backing vocals a la I-Trees of Bob Marley famed. Most kompa cd’s used them anyway but not live......

With an ensemble like that; Look out world....u will be dancing >>>

Kunta as usual you are right on target. >>>>>>>>

HEAVIER KOMPA //here we go >>>>>>>>> Mwen Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy !! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Very Happy Very Happy Smile Smile

Good job CARIMI !!!!!!!!!

Mexkompa

OH DEAR Lord, my sweet Lord, thanks for prayers answer.

Mexkompa Roots

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^^^

N'AP BAT TANBOU JISKA SOLEY LEVE >>> TOUNEN LAKAY !!!!!!!

Come in Carimi ... can you see the red carpet roll down in front for you.

Welcome home.

MexKR

Noupapemoun

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That is very good news!! Like Kunta mentionned, it's kind of mandatory overseas to play in the full band format, to really have a shot of making it big.

I don't think it will affect their sound, just think of Krézi...

Noupa

Gromosso

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Woyy, men li ****! BAGAY YO CHANJE pou Carimi avec Eye Candy a.

Poudi se ta Gorille Gro Tet la ki fe sa! Rolling Eyes

If Carimi adds a second guitar, they'll be in business for good. Good move either way CaRiMi.

Last edited by Gromosso on Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

RonBass

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is a huge and critical move that is needed. In Martinique and Guadeloupe, people are used to a full band especially in concerts. It is a wise decision and also a major responsibility.

Advise:
1. I would suggest for Carimi to have an ongoing strict rehearsal at least once a week.
2. Always travel with two engineers one main front and the other for monitors. You can have major confusion on a big stage without your own monitor engineer.
3. Make sure all members are well disciplined and always on-time for gigs. Penalize them if they are always late. If that doesn’t work, replace them.

You guys are wise enough to make your own judgments but I would like you to know discipline is the key to your success. Once you go to a full band, I could be wrong but I don’t think there is a going back. If it’s done properly, it will be hard to top you guys because you already have the edge.

Best wishes and success
Ron

JMPerry

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great news and what a move by Carimi. This will put them ahead of the game and with this whole copyright thing that's going around, it can be HUGE for them because let's face it, the news about the true originators of the song will surface and that will put them in the spotlight in places where they were not. So good luck to them and I hope this format will be on the album too. Any word yet Pat?

Also, I saw that we brought up Alex from KDans as a possibility. Can someone tell me the mans last name please? I went to school with him at SLG and CANNOT remember his last name for the LIFE of me.

JMPerry
KePy Records, Inc.
"Raising the Standard"

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: