Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT WYCLEF (objectivity required)
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT WYCLEF (objectivity required)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bambyvicekreyol

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

JimBo wrote:
non non mwem pa la pou mwem scare you non mama Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation please belive that i should be more scared of you Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Wink

Ah oui, ou konnen m gro, m ka kouri sou ou Laughing Laughing Laughing Ou pa bezwen pe, violans pa fe sans!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sak pa kontan --> Poursuit ton coridor...

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JimBo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bambyvicekreyol wrote:
JimBo wrote:
non non mwem pa la pou mwem scare you non mama Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation please belive that i should be more scared of you Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Wink

Ah oui, ou konnen m gro, m ka kouri sou ou Laughing Laughing Laughing Ou pa bezwen pe, violans pa fe sans!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

svp bamby bom a break .... save the whole weight thing, it has nothing to do with it mama.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Mwem pa moun konsa kap mete weight ou na pawol mwem svp Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

like you said back to your post on bashing a man that i think has done to much for a nation just b/c you think he stole a beat from one of your lil friends Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AmourDeCarimi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see why there is a backlash to Bamby, because Wyclef is not that great of a person in my opinion.

I really don't care that he's Haitian, or that he says that he's Haitian, that's not my concern.

In my opinion, Wyclef is only Haitian when it's convenient, because he's too busy being a fake Jamaican full time. He wants to sign Black Alex and Mecca, both whom don't really make music that really reflect our culture, but music thats assimilated with the American (Mecca) / Jamaican culture (Black Alex). That was the best choices he has?? He's always ready to have a Latin singer sing in spanish, or break his own back to do something with a Reggae or Rap artist, but have yet to see Alan Cave on a track, and I really don't need him to do it either. I know my Haitian music is good, I don't need the Western world to acknowledge it for me to be proud to be Haitian.

I personally don't need Wyclef to introduce our culture to the mainstream, its not his job, but at the same time he uses being Haitian as his niche in the American Industry, yet he does not really help to push the music further.

In the non-Haitian world, Wyclef is not even no.1 in the rap game, and his songs are not even radio friendly unless he gets someone else on the record with him, and even some of those "collaborations" are a miss. He needs to get the point its not 1998 anymore, where he had good songs, everyone has their time to shine, I think his has past.

When was the last time he had a hit alone??? With no one else on the track??

I wouldn't be shocked that he stole a beat, or mislead a fellow Haitian, because thats what people do. I'm pretty sure he would mislead anyone, not only a Haitian person, thats just how the entertainment business is, it's a dog eat dog world.

His charity has nothing to do with his character, like some of you bought that up and its irrelevant. If you give back to Haiti, does not give you the justification to deceive an up and coming artist. Theres a lot of rich people who donate millions and millions to good causes, and they're the nastiest people on earth. Are we not allowed to speak about their flaws because they feed the needy??

I don't get why Haitian people want get a heart attack when someone doesn't care for Wyclef. Its really not that serious, and if half of you people probably knew these people you break your backs to defend, you wouldn't be doing it.

Thats all I have to say in regards to this topic. Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow

Dr.Mizik

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
It will not be worth it.....

Zanmi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for your reply Amourdecarimi. You are so on point, and get to the essence of this thread.

A few people replied to my post and asked me soem very important questions, but I will not answer any of them, not because I'm scared or anything, but simply because I do not want this to become a bigger issue.

As far as I'm concerned what I said about Clef, I stand by it, and with time some of you will get to understand what I was really saying.

Dr.Mizik

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow now it is not a big issue, or you do not want to make a big issue.....whatever Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow

NB- the above statement was really childish from my part. The statement with the "Wow.....that ends with issue". I'm sure you have your own good reasons to believe whatever you want. Please disregard the above statement.

ReineDiana

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT WYCLEF (objectivity required) Reply with quote Back to top

bambyvicekreyol wrote:
I know most of you are big fans/supporters of Wyclef but I was thinking about the man and some stuff are not adding up.
He says all around that he wants to help our music and artists crossover. But yet he signs some of the most mediocre artists that exist in the HMI, Mecca??? Black Alex??? Come on how about Misty Jean, Top Adlerman, Mika? Then he goes to Haiti, finds a few bands doing their thing, signs them with promises to make them huge but ... nada! That is the case for Barikad Crew. They were doing their thing before Wyclef, and are still doing it and I doubt it is thanks to him!
Then he ,[i]allegedly
, gets a young beat maker to come work in his studio, to later sell the beat to Missy Elliot and take credit for it...humm....
All of that and other stuff made me think, is the man for real or is he doing all of that just to make us like him. Is he bullshitting us or what?

What are your thoughts about it?[/i]

My thoughts are that your post is simply a smear tactic as a result of Wyclef supposedly snubbing your favorite group BambyVICE! child don't let fanatism get the best of you...in this business things like that happen where artists experience scheduling conflicts...deal with it and get over it - I am sure the T-Vice camp understood that, you might try to do the same Rolling Eyes

Guys, it's not the first time she's attempted to discredit Wyclef on this board and it's not a coincidence that her little post suddenly appeared on the board right about the same time that Wyclef supposedly snubbed T-vice to appear elsewhere with Gracia et al. Anyways, she's been doing it for years and by now one would have thought she'd given up with her cheap shots considering all the positive things that Clef is doing...but you know what...her little cheap shots don't matter...I am sure Wyclef would think it comical if he was made aware of them... Rolling Eyes

As for her allegation of Clef stealing beats is she NUTS??? Clef got slews of professionals working with him with the sole purpose of creating beats...he doesn't need to steal anyone's beats...prior to posting nonsense like this on the board, this chic better make sure she has proof to backup her claim...Wyclef patap janm fet mistake sa...vekeler...

Epitou jan lap parle an vo mieux Wyclef bay tout Ayitien vag man...I hate to say this but my god this is ridiculous...neg la fet byin yo pale kaka...li fet plus bien se ator yap pale kaka...mes alors Abraham dit c'est assez !!!for the life of me I don't know why he still bothers...but brother an is on a mission to help his country, God Bless Him...Haitien consequent yo ap toujour suporter Clef...epi smear tactics or not come December 5th Clef's album sells will make history...Hater yo fink komanser hate...I am sure during that period hatoraid sales will be at it's highest Evil or Very Mad nap swiv yo... hater yo santi yo ta manje'l tou cru la hein??? Laughing how sad... Evil or Very Mad Mad Arrow Arrow Arrow
-------------------------------------------------------
WYCLEF JEAN!

JimBo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT WYCLEF (objectivity required) Reply with quote Back to top

ReineDiana wrote:
bambyvicekreyol wrote:
I know most of you are big fans/supporters of Wyclef but I was thinking about the man and some stuff are not adding up.
He says all around that he wants to help our music and artists crossover. But yet he signs some of the most mediocre artists that exist in the HMI, Mecca??? Black Alex??? Come on how about Misty Jean, Top Adlerman, Mika? Then he goes to Haiti, finds a few bands doing their thing, signs them with promises to make them huge but ... nada! That is the case for Barikad Crew. They were doing their thing before Wyclef, and are still doing it and I doubt it is thanks to him!
Then he ,[i]allegedly
, gets a young beat maker to come work in his studio, to later sell the beat to Missy Elliot and take credit for it...humm....
All of that and other stuff made me think, is the man for real or is he doing all of that just to make us like him. Is he bullshitting us or what?

My thoughts are that your post is simply a smear tactic as a result of Wyclef supposedly snubbing your favorite group BambyVICE! child don't let fanatism get the best of you...in this business things like that happen where artists experience scheduling conflicts...deal with it and get over it - I am sure the T-Vice camp understood that, you might try to do the same Rolling Eyes

Guys, it's not the first time she's attempted to discredit Wyclef on this board and it's not a coincidence that her little post suddenly appeared on the board right about the same time that Wyclef supposedly snubbed T-vice to appear elsewhere with Gracia et al. Anyways, she's been doing it for years and by now one would have thought she'd given up with her cheap shots considering all the positive things that Clef is doing...but you know what...her little cheap shots don't matter...I am sure Wyclef would think it comical if he was made aware of them... Rolling Eyes

As for her allegation of Clef stealing beats is she NUTS??? Clef got slews of professionals working with him with the sole purpose of creating beats...he doesn't need to steal anyone's beats...prior to posting nonsense like this on the board, this chic better make sure she has proof to backup her claim...Wyclef patap janm fet mistake sa...vekeler...

Epitou jan lap parle an vo mieux Wyclef bay tout Ayitien vag man...I hate to say this but my god this is ridiculous...neg la fet byin yo pale kaka...li fet plus bien se ator yap pale kaka...mes alors Abraham dit c'est assez !!!for the life of me I don't know why he still bothers...but brother an is on a mission to help his country, God Bless Him...Haitien consequent yo ap toujour suporter Clef...epi smear tactics or not come December 5th Clef's album sells will make history...Hater yo fink komanser hate...I am sure during that period hatoraid sales will be at it's highest Evil or Very Mad nap swiv yo... hater yo santi yo ta manje'l tou cru la hein??? Laughing how sad... Evil or Very Mad Mad Arrow Arrow Arrow

funny b/c i said the samething today while talking to a group of people about this post... i said wyclef needs to give up already.... you cannot help a nation that does not want to be helped Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation mem moun sa yo if wyclef was to die today god forbid they would bash him and say he did nothing Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation its really sad to say but si mwem cleff i give up.... the person that wrote this post she is a bigggggggg fan of ti-joe sooo kite ti-joe fe pou haiti Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Haitian Sensation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT WYCLEF (objectivity required) Reply with quote Back to top

bambyvicekreyol wrote:
Then he ,[i]allegedly

I understand most of you where ya<ll coming from but you guys need to take a pill and chill..it ain't that serious..!!

Numero uno;

Wyclef don't owe anything to the Haitian community!! He doesnt have to do it..

Second point:
Wyclef is trying to help Haitian artists..He not tryin to help Kompa..nothing wrong with that..Clef himself is a Hip Hop artist..so its understandable that he wants to help other Hip Hop artist like Mecca or Black Alex!! I wouldnt choose those two but hey..!!

third point:

You guys need to stop thiking as Wyclef as the savior and the ambassador of Haiti(even though they gave him the title lately) becaus the guy is mad busy..The guy must think of himself too...I believe he's done a lot...Much more than any of you done!! much more than any of us would have done with the same salary!!
If some of you had the money an dthe same connects he had, you wouldnt do half of what he has done for the country and the HMI..

Haitian music is not only KOmpa...Hip Hop Kreyol is a big movement in Haiti..Whether you like it or not you have to accept it!!

bambyvicekreyol

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:57 am    Post subject: Re: YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT WYCLEF (objectivity required) Reply with quote Back to top

Ala kote moun gen pou tande se sou KM mesye. Moun yo sansuuuuubbbb pou ti Wyclef yo Laughing
ReineDiana wrote:
Bon ou we wap aprann mwen anpil bagay. M pat konn afe de snobism dutou. Alo mwen tap hate sou yon moun paske li pa jwe ak T-Vice? Nan ki bu??? Sa lap fe pou mwen? Yo genle diw mwen tap touche moso Rolling Eyes then I would maybe hate, epi menm la, m pa gen problem lajan pou se nan men jazz poum ta ap touche Rolling Eyes Maybe YOU shouldnt let fanatism dicdate your words lady!!! (notice I didn't call you child, mwen pa timoun ki rete avew Wink )
ReineDiana wrote:
So kounye a depi ou fe yon remark ki negatif sou yon moun se "cheap shot" wap voye! Ala traka papa. M plus kwe ke mwen pa pe di le wyclef fe yon move bagay paske mwen pa pantan sou misye. So what li se superstar, se pa moun menm jan ak tout moun li ye. Le li fe sak pasa moun pa gen dwa pale? Enben pa gen democratie anko!
ReineDiana wrote:

Yall are funny. What does this post have to do with his charity work??? I was talking about music. But kom mwen pale de bagay negatif de Wyclef, se la fin du monde. tchuiiippppp! Nou impressione fasil man! Kel raport!?! Map supote travay charite li a 100%, but mwen pap janm supote tactic business li. Epi nou met piafe, sote ponpe, mwen pap chanje mind mwen!!!
Ma chere, ou gen rezon sou yon bagay. Wyclef pat janm fe ti kem bat, ni m pa kwe sa ap janm rive. But si se pou hate, map cheche moun ke mwen panse ki vaut la peine pou mwen hate sou yo tande. Wyclef pa gen tout vale sa nan yeux pam. Maybe in yours, and Jimbo and all the other ones that are so offended that I dont applaud everything the man does. Moun rich and famous pa konn impressionem non mwen, se moun ki gen substance ki markem contrairement a d'autre!
As for his album, I hope it sells well. M pa konn vle mal pou moun non mwen Wink Si mwen renmen plus ke 3 muzik sou li, mwen gendwa menm achtel. Depi gen kalite, mwen la. Sa pa vle di mwen oblije renmen moun la.
Anyway, that just confirmed my thoughts, you dont have to be an idiot to let money and fame impress you! Everyone is exposed!!!

Sak pa kontan --> Poursuit ton coridor...

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11

Jump to: