Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - GABEL MANAGER PATRICK FABRE BLASTS BACK AT PROMOTER!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

GABEL MANAGER PATRICK FABRE BLASTS BACK AT PROMOTER!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: GABEL MANAGER PATRICK FABRE BLASTS BACK AT PROMOTER! Reply with quote Back to top

GABEL manager PATRICK FABRE had this response for the promoter who spoke about GABEL last night on the board in another post. Here is Patrick Fabre's response below.

PATRICK FABRE: "Hi Patrick,

One needs to know that there's a starting point for everything in life. Just as a child, we need to crawl before we can start walking. Hence, we need to succeed home first before we can make it out there. It is a rule of thumb and it is unfortunate that a "PROMOTER" doesn't know this basic. Either way, I am very pleased that Gabel was able to catch his attention and create so many controversies. This can only mean that we are on the right path.

As for you my dear promoter, I would strongly suggest that you fasten your seat belt ! ! !It is just a matter of time and "Tout vient à point à qui sait attendre" I can assure you that at our cruising speed, you're about to be blown away. Atansyon pou van nou pa brote-w sèlman !

Bon se pasa !
Nou poko menm kòmanse travay epi kè-w gentan ap sote ! 2007 se yon ti sondaj wi nou tap fè.

By the way anonymous promoter, I AM: PATRICK FABRE. Gabel's manager.

KM!

choubenz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wow,

bel reponse

bagay anonymous sa son tintin li ye

: i am Patrick Fabre: pa gin afe voye roche kache main

DJKrazyMIx

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That response couldn't been much better. Bravo!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Gromosso

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very eloquent and well-thought rebuttal by Patrick Fabre.

KM, are we to expect another an anonymous rebuttal to PF's? Laughing

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gromosso

Si se sa ou vle...MAP BAY promoteur a yon call pou ou wi.

Having said that, I think SOME FANS/FRIENDS OF THE BAND let their blindness get in the way. ME PERSONALLY, Like I said in my last thread, I think the promoter made some valid points...GRO si ou pa dakor avek part about GABEL PROVING THEMSELVES OUTSIDE OF FLORIDA...Ou gin ti pwoblem technik when it comes to Gabel...maybe the fact that you might be too close to them might cloud your judgement a bit. (No offense intended)

Having said that, I DON'T think that the promoter gave Gabel enough credit for where they are right now for a practically new band. I agree with him on certain points, and disagree with him on other points.

KM!

Gromosso

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This was my response in the other thread:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pat,

Gabel's Grand Premiere was on January 27 2007 with Nu Look.

As for Gabel, yes the band needs to step out of the Florida/Miami market but you know what, it's all strategic planning on the part of management if you ask me. The band performs just about every weekend, they have a strong fan base, a studio album, a live album, 2 videos under their belt. They've done a lot if you ask me for a "Ti Jaz." Heck, some "Gro Jaz" doesn't even have a video. Laughing Seriously though, Gabel is doing just fine. Heck, the promotion for Gabel was a lot more visible than a lot of bands at Musique en Folie.

Kontinye bon travay la Gabel epi KPK yo leu moman an opportun.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope my point of view on the subject matter is much clearer now to you. Laughing

ILandfaces

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can feel where the so-called promoter is coming from at the end of the day gabel is a local band, epi thats it.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GRO

You still want me to call the promoteur pou li vin met yon ti chaleur sou Gabel ankor? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy VYE JES "FOTOPAM"

KM!

Gromosso

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pat, I'm sure the promoter is reading the board and will most likely drop you an email or a call.

For the record, I agree and disagree with the promoter to a certain extent. Gabel does need to come out of their florida shell, but the timing has to be right. I don't know how the promotion on the Northeast market is for the band but they need to go up there as early as next spring or right after carnaval in February.

ILandfaces

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gabel is a local band epi thats it, its not that serious for real, Neg yo popula nan miami.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: