KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

2007 SONG OF THE YEAR KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARD WINNER IS........
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARDS!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
konpa rockers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

congrats to Gracia and Richie...
great job guys.... Cool Cool

FUNKY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats to gracia and Richie Cool

DJ Kreyol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I mean the song is SIMPLY PERFECT.

I mean word for word, its just tocuhes your sould and heart.

bugzy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

congrats to richie and gracia Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
yes aya
menm ti bagay la
FIDEL WI PAPA......
ZENGLEN WI PAPA
EPI MY NAME STILL Bugzy Bug

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

to me,

Al'envers is the second most deserving song...so I guess it didn't go too bad.

but that award shouldhave gone to krezi for ti mafi. Imean that subject had never before been tackled intheway that it was in this song.

but HAITI P'AP KRAZE didn't gert not one vote?

unbelievable

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SIWOMIEL

Actually that song was not on the list. If any song from TVICE that could have been on the list AFTER "Chache Fanm Pam", it would have been "Beaute Dangereuse". Ayiti Pap Kraze has not had the impact of those two that I mentioned. If you go to TVICE bals, you will see the impact that "CHACHE FANM PAW" has, and also it is also a very popular radio song, and that made it more of a deserving nomination than "Ayiti Pap Kraze". As a matter of fact, late last year, we were all compalining how we felt TVICE was NOT pushing "Ayiti Pap Kraze" ENOUGH for such a beautiful song with such a potential for major impact. Mizik sa ap "gaspille" sou plak TVice la.

KM!

RICKY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well deserved. This song has created havoc everywhere especially when played live.

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:
SIWOMIEL

Actually that song was not on the list. If any song from TVICE that could have been on the list AFTER "Chache Fanm Pam", it would have been "Beaute Dangereuse". Ayiti Pap Kraze has not had the impact of those two that I mentioned. If you go to TVICE bals, you will see the impact that "CHACHE FANM PAW" has, and also it is also a very popular radio song, and that made it more of a deserving nomination than "Ayiti Pap Kraze". As a matter of fact, late last year, we were all compalining how we felt TVICE was NOT pushing "Ayiti Pap Kraze" ENOUGH for such a beautiful song with such a potential for major impact. Mizik sa ap "gaspille" sou plak TVice la.

KM!

Pat, that's why I asked what were the criteria for the songs that were picked by the artists but you didn't answer me. Now that you explained that I understand.

But not all the artists picked songs that they thought had the most impact or popularity. some picked based on personal taste.

I think it would be better next time if people vote based on a specific set of criteria.

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SIWO

The members were given the choice of voting either for the one that had the most impact whether at bals, Live, Lyrics/text. They were given free range on how to vote in terms of popularity or personal taste. That's why it's good because not everyone goes for the most popular songs, and not everyone goes for the best song in terms of lyrics/content. Having said that "A L'ANVERS" is actually a very good pick because IT FITS EVERY CRITERIA. Great text/message, and extremely popular song. Is played a lot in Haiti from what I am told.

KM!

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:
SIWO

The members were given the choice of voting either for the one that had the most impact whether at bals, Live, Lyrics/text. They were given free range on how to vote in terms of popularity or personal taste. That's why it's good because not everyone goes for the most popular songs, and not everyone goes for the best song in terms of lyrics/content. Having said that "A L'ANVERS" is actually a very good pick because IT FITS EVERY CRITERIA. Great text/message, and extremely popular song. Is played a lot in Haiti from what I am told.

KM!

Pat, I said that "A l'envers" was a good pick in my previous posts.

and I noticed that the voters voted based on many different factors, that's why I was sure that even though "AYITI P'AP KRAZE" didn't have the popularity that everybody thought it would, I was sure that because of the text and the beautiful melody of the song, it would have gotten a couple of votes.

I guess I was wrong.

I still think the vote would be more fair and consistent if we eliminated a couple of factors.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARDS! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: