KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

WILL T-VICE BE THE NEW WYLCEF????
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wallywal

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bagay "cross over" sa ap fin fè nou fou oui....vraiment

Astro

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In the present I don't see a group like T-Vice or Carimi crossing over. The AMI right now isn't pushing a lot of musicians or "real talent". Although this is another post in itself, but just look how Hip-Hop & Pop is these days.

Whether we wanna call Haitian music, or not...., artist like Belo can "crossover" to some degree. Just yesterday on Radio-Canada they talked about him briefly and played is latest video.

Some artists have "blown up" but still don't have the sells in the U.S (from what I recall). Youssou N'dour is sick as hell, but doubt he sells in the US, but his shows overseas are sold out and likely his sells are up there too.
"World Music" will get some buzz, but not signifcant enough to have sells (for the record, I don't think sales is an indication of quality) or make a major impact.

A non-US artist that kinda made some noise is Aventura, but they had to do a cover of a popular Backstreet Boys song... That put Bachata in teenage ears for sure, and more people know the group and the genre.

But never say never

lay'D_vice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I HAVENT BEEN HERE IN A WHILE SO LET ME JUST ADD A LIL SOMETHING. 1ST OF ALL WE ALL HAVE TO THINK POSITIVE, BECAUSE BY ALWAYS THINKING NEGATIVE NO 1 WILL NEVER TAKE THE 1ST STEP BECAUSE OF CHANCE OF FAILURE. SECOND I DONT FEEL LIKE LIKE WE HAVE TO CHANGE NOTHING ABOUT OUR MUSIC, SPANISH BANDS DONT DO IT SO Y SHOULD WE. AND WYCLEF LA MWEN KOMAN SE PA FIN FEEL LI PASKE LI TOUJOU GEN YON FOLI JAMAICAN KI MONTEL.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lay'D_vice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Almonor wrote:
evie i don't think i want that to happen
in order for tvice to be that popular they would have to change the format then it wouldn't be kompa anymore i like it just the way it is

THEY DONT HAVE 2 CHANGE NOTHING 4 WAT?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lay'D_vice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kompa'npiwo wrote:
kote Wiclef ye-a se R&B ak Rapp lap jwe, se pa Konpa ak soca.

WYCLEF SE ON SELLOUT BIG TIME, WHEN HE GET THE CHANCE 2 REP HAITI 2 DA FULLEST ON TV FOR EX: "TI'S VIDEO" HE OVA THERE TRYNNA TALK JAMAICAN, WEARING DA HAITIAN FLAG JUST DOESNT DO IT 4 ME NO MORE Sad

LOLOVICE

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

it is simple if creole was spanish our kompa will cross over long time ago. celia cruz,elvis crespo,juan isguerra, and others did not change their format. it is only a few country that speak creole.
if we change the language i do not think our compas will be the same. inglish will make it boring. in america we have a lot of latino that is why salsa and meringues are popular is not because format has been changed. look at daddy yankees he did not change any format. it was some reggaeton.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: