KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

RICHARD URBAIN: KOMPA MAGAZINE INTERVIEW (HMI PEOPLE)!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> HMI
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nenevice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well done Km/Richard....
I now know alot more about Richard from this interview Cool

Pat, is richard's 5 top bands pick are in order??

RICHARD URBAIN:

NU LOOK

T VICE

KREYOL LA

CARIMI

DJAKOUT

just asking wi boss Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by nenevice on Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
1Lov'

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My advice is to start small. Book a CARIMI, a ZIN, a DOLA on a friday, and prove your self. Later on, Try NU LOOK, or DJAKOUT, or KREYOL LA, or KREZI, or T-VICE still on a Friday, (2nd group would be more expensive, because of other transportation cost). That to me is the conventional way to earn the right to join the league of HMI promoters. lol

This quote above is one of my favorites from this great interview. I've always known that Maitre Urbain was an educated and a very successful Businessman. I have watched him grow for over a decade. I hope the newcomers get to read and learn a lot from this interview. A nous les jeunes-A good TV program. I got the Chills reading about those days I was so young in NY then, Life was Good. The Konpa market was sweet then.... Radio Stations were legal and always on.
Bands like DoLa, Tempo would have a much easier time than they are having today.
Good Job KM as always.
Peace

" KM" 1Lov's Hometown Newspaper..

CAP - PORT MARGOT

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That Gracia/Richie cd is one my favorite of all time, sad to think there wont be another one. Well, at leas not by him lol soon a new guy will try making a name for himself and will agree to buy the cd for 150K...... things are hard for all of us these days, those guys at the fort lauderdale festival should have invested that money into a gracia/richie project .

M ta renmen we anpil lot interview konsa, anfom anpil. Guys like Noel

Clifton

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great interview!

A lot of things i did not know about our Industry.... And Pat I am sure you cut out to be a journalist really even i hate CNN but i like Cooper, Anderson you look like him Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Haitian Diva

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: RICHARD URBAIN: KOMPA MAGAZINE INTERVIEW (HMI PEOPLE)! Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:

15) Tell us about your upcoming COMPAS ON BROADWAY show next year.

RICHARD URBAIN: Wow!!! Compas on Broadway, Pat you know what, I am hoping that it works. NY needs that big show. I am so proud of my team collaborators. They are working tirelessly to make this show a success. This is not about me. This is about the HMI, our culture, being showcased at a very different level.

(INTERVIEW conducted by PATRICK DESVARIEUX for KOMPA MAGAZINE)

Thanks Pat for that detailed interview!! I personally can't wait for Compas on Broadway. I have been to their website, I've seen their flyers all over the place and it looks like this is going to be HUGE! Much success to you Urbain, on this project. The musicians in this HMI industry definitely need to jump on board because this is their time to shine. And to have this event at the Lincoln Center? I am soo there!! Please let me know when tickets go on sale!

ChandlerMarthelly

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mwen dekouvri ampil bagay sou RICHARD URBAIN , bel grin INTERVIEW !!

NEGKREYOL

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very very Nice INTERVIEW as always by PATRICK DESVARIEUX..

Richard Urbain.... You just earn my RESPECT, at least kounya mwen realize gen kek bon grenn nan HMI LA. BIG UP TO you brother.

Pat, why didn't you have him ELABORATE on the RICHIE/GRACIA CD:

If you had to pay the money for the RICHIE/GRACIA CD...would you do it again? Why or why not?

RICHARD URBAIN: No I would not have. It was an emotional decision. One that brought me a lot of fame, and at the same time earned me a bad reputation with other promoters.

What does he mean by the bolded comment? I am sure many of us would like to know.

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

NEGKREYOL

He did on the very next question.

KM!

Dr.Mizik

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great interview... Well done Richard Urbain. I have to admit that I never thought that an HMI promoter could be so coherent or/and even eloquent. I thought this interview was going to look a lot like a typical HMI party ei... a mess. I initially planned on reading the first two lines, but it was so interesting that I read the entire interview. I guess I have to change my preconceived bias opinion about all promoters.

Great job Pat, and again well done Richard Urbain.
Hope your next party will be as good as this interview....

yanvaloo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nothing but Respect for this Dude always did, always will. Nicely done ...and One could learn alot...

Good Job Pat.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> HMI All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: