KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

2008 CD OF THE YEAR KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARD WINNER IS...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARDS!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: 2008 CD OF THE YEAR KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARD WINNER IS... Reply with quote Back to top

*LAST YEAR's winner was T-VICE's "Kite'm Viv"!

*PART 1 is a short resume from us about what went down

*PART 2 shows you the number of votes + WHO voted for them on the 50 Member panel.

*PART 3 are some of the QUOTES from members of our panel FOR THAT CATEGORY.

The award goes to NU LOOK!

ANALYSIS:
*Just like last year when TVice had the prize on lock, this year was a breeze for NU LOOK as our 50 Member HMI panel gave the nod to the Compas Heavyweights from Miami.

*VOTE BREAKDOWN

1) NU LOOK (ABO) 39 Votes
Roberto Martino, Mickael Guirand, Mia Lopez, DJ Superduke, DJ Rey, Alan Cave, Katalog, Misty Jean, Ronnie Dee, Ti Michel Tropidisc, Patrick Fabre Gabel, Ti Lionel Benjamin Krezi, Icon Graphics, Reshka Fos Baron, Olivier Duret Vice, James Cardozo Vice, Cedric Rafrechi, JBeatz, Sanders Harmonik, Armstrong Jeune Dola, Jube Sobs, Ti Lunet 5 Etwal, Nickenson Prudhomme, Kaliko, Junior Vaval, Elie Lapointe, Money G 5 Etwal, Foolish Brothers, Richard Cave, Alex Thebaud Carimi, Ti Eddy Viau Vice, Bertho Productions NY, Herve Bastien, Micky Rafrechi, Theo Jadotte Kreyol La, Fanfan Epave Gabel, Jeff Policard, Hip Magazine Shadine.

2) BELO (Reference) 4 Votes
Richie Zenglen, Jean Max Valcourt Dola, Jude Severe Zenglen, Nandy Konparezon

3) ZENGLEN (5 Eme Vitesse) 2 Votes
Josminah, Narah Timmer DBon Productions

3) MIZIK MIZIK (Paradi Nan Lanfer) 2 Votes
Kenny Desmangles, Dano Gabel

3) HARMONIK 2 Votes
Fabrice Rouzier, DJ Bobby Jam

6) SWEET MICKY (Bandi Legal) 1 Vote
Berto TEMPO

*QUOTES (Some Quotes from our panel members)

+ ROBERTO MARTINO: "Nu Look... With Arly's three hits on that cd, it has brought Nu Look back to one of the top Bands in the business."

+ PAPA JUBE: "NU LOOK. Basically, I feel the Nu Look album is well thought out, well produced, the lyrical contents of the album is very thoughtful, the music is also well arranged, so to me, it's clear that Nu Look invested time and efforts in making sure they come out with such impressive collection of songs."

+ MICKAEL GUIRAND: "NU LOOK. Based on the reaction form fans from all over, it's hard to go aginst Arly and Gazzman on this one... sound quality, song quality, commercial... Great album."

+ ALAN CAVE: "NU LOOK..PA GEN MANTI NAN SA......ARLY JUST IMPOSSIBLE....ILLUSSION SELMAN KONT POU FE ALBUM SA #1."

+ JEFF POLICARD: "Nu Look - ABO. In my opinion made more damage than any other cd and Nu Look had a great year because of it."

+ MIA LOPEZ: "NU LOOK "Abo"- though the other opponents are very viable especially BelO, I think that Nu Look has something for everyone, from Gazzman's "Legacy" which is a much more powerful song lyrically than anyone is giving credit, to "Is it Real" which has been making headlines since the release of the album. Nu Look's live shows are epic to the success of their album, seeing them on stage and listening to the crowd sing along or stand mesmerized watching Ralph Conde deliver an amazing solo are all reasons why they can be considered for this category."

+ SANDERS: "Arly's 3 songs just killed it they're just amazing you can't stop listening to them."

+ KAMIKAZ: "With songs such as Legacy, Notre Histoire, Illusion, Is it Real, Macho, Abo, Competition, should i say the whole album, NuLook proved they are on the 5 top bands in the HMI."

+ DJ SUPERDUKE: "After about 3 years since their last album Nu look Came out with a smash album. From SOS producer to Illusion and Notre Histroire not to forget Is it real what more can I say. People drove me crazy on the radio for these songs till this day."

+ HIP MAGAZINE/SHADINE: "I consider lyrics, subject matter, music, consistency (the album as a whole needs to be good so that I can play it from the 1st to the last track without wanting to keep skipping songs) and hit factor when choosing in this category. I love Paradi Nan Lanfè and Jere M as albums but the hit factor hasn't been made apparent yet. The two clear contenders for me are Abò and 5ème Vitesse. Both have diverse subject matter and good music but Nu look's cd has more hits so I vote for NU LOOK's Abò."

+ JUNIOR VAVAL: "NU LOOK. I THINK THIS CD HAS JUST PROVEN TO ALL OF US THAT ARLY IS A GREAT MUSICIAN AND A VERY GOOD WRITER. THE MORE YOU LISTEN TO THE CD THE MORE HITS YOU WILL DISCOVER."

+ MICKY WALKER/RAFRECHI: "Abo - This was the best CD of the year. The intro song was great, the Salsa beginning got my attention. Arly teaming up with Dener Ceide really made my decision though, what a team for lower tempo Kompa songs..."

+ FABRICE ROUZIER: "Is this for BEST cd or for MOST popular ? . If i had to choose , regardless of my involvement, i would dare say that "Paradi nan lanfè" would be at the top of my list in terms of overall offering. " Mwen bat tanboum epim danse'l ! If i can't vote for myself, i would then vote for "Jerem" of HARMONIK. Please remember that i am voting for BEST OVERALL album not for MOST POPULAR."

+ RICHIE: "BELO. Musically, soundwise, arrangements, lyrics and he grew so much vocally."

+ NANDY GEORGES: BELO "Reference" This will be my first choice. This guy has been working hard trying to cover all sort of topics, the flavor is different from the everyday konpa."

+ JEAN MAX VALCOURT: "Belo, a different and alternative wave of music that’s rich in term of diversity and opening a market for Haitian music in World Beat Industry....even though Nu Look is … The hottest and most commercial kompa album album of the year 2008"

+ TI MICHEL TROPIDISC: "Nu Look. The cd that sold the most"

PANEL MEMBERS FOR 2008 KOMPA MAGAZINE MUSIC AWARDS WERE:

1) RICHARD CAVE (Carimi)
2) RICHIE (Zenglen)
3) ALAN CAVE (Zin)
4) ROBERTO MARTINO (T-Vice)
5) MICKAEL GUIRAND (Carimi)

6) MISTY JEAN
7) KAMIKAZ (Florida & Haiti HMI Promoter)
Cool TI MICHEL/TROPIDISC (Producer)
9) RONNIE DEE (Popular Montreal HMI radio personality)
10) JUNIOR VAVAL (Respected HMI Journalist & Festival MC)

11) NICKENSON PRUDHOMME (HARMONIK)
12) THEO JADOTTE (Kreyol La)
13) TI LUNET (Maestro for Gabel)
14) FOOLISH BROTHERS/RONY (HMI Promoter)
15) DJ REY (Stil and Backup PR)

16) PAPA JUBE (SOBS/SAK PASSE RECORDS)
17) KATALOG (Singer for Gabel)
1Cool JEAN MAX VALCOURT (DOLA Maestro)
19) KALIKO (INDYFEST/Producer/Club Owner)
20) JUDE SEVERE (ZENGLEN keyboardist)

21) ARMSTRONG JEUNE (DOLA)
22) ALEX THEBAUD (CARIMI)
23) JEFF POLICARD (SUAVE)
24) DJ BOBBY JAM (Popular N.Y DJ/MC..UNTOUCHABLES)
25) FANFAN EPAV (GABEL)

26) KENNY DESMANGLES
27) DANO (GABEL)
2Cool JAMES CARDOZO (T-VICE)
29) MICKY WALKER (Rafrechi)
30) JOSMINAH (Upcoming HMI artist)

31) MIA LOPEZ (Mia Media/Sakapfet.com)
32) ROBERTO "TEMPO"
33) HIP MAGAZINE (Shadine)
34) TI LIONEL BENJAMIN (KREZI manager)
35) ICON GRAPHICS (HMI Flyer/Musician)

36) OLIVIER DURET (TVICE)
37) JBEATZ (Hot HMI Producer)
3Cool PATRICK FABRE (GABEL manager)
39) NANDY GEORGES (KOMPAREZON/Krezi Rep.)
40) DJ SUPERDUKE (BELMIZIK FM/Popular Boston HMI DJ)

41) SANDERS (HARMONIK)
42) ELIE LAPOINTE (Djakout)
43) RESHKA/FOS BARON FESTIVAL (Hmi Promoter/Fos Baron Festival)
44) NARAH TIMMER (DBON PRODUCTIONS)
45) MONEY G. (5 ETWAL Vocalist)

46) FABRICE ROUZIER (Mizik Mizik)
47) TI EDDY VIAU (TVICE)
4Cool BERTHO ANELY (N.Y HMI Promoter)
49) HERVE BASTIEN (Florida HMI radio/Event personality)
50) CEDRIC (Maestro of RAFRECHI)

PS: They were NOT allowed to vote for themselves or their bands. ONLY when 2 MEMBERS OF THEIR BANDS WERE NOMINATED in the same category were members given the option to vote for ONE pick.

Last edited by kompamagazine on Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:28 pm; edited 3 times in total

yanvaloo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Supriseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Not ...Congrats

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FUNKY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Congratsss to Nu Look Wink

choubenz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mwen pap minm fe djoler-----------toute moun ABO, et nou pap janm changer position

Notre histoire, Legacy, SOS producteur, bon macho, is it real?, illusion

Look la fe trop-----congrats guys

vava

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

CONGRATS NU-LOOK & GAZZY Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy WELL DESERVE GUYS

RICKY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats to them. Arly kouri ak ti sa lontan Laughing

choubenz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

RICKY wrote:

et bien wa dim nan ki djazz Arly jwe Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes al met ko-w on kote tande hater

Arly=Nulook

Gazzman=Nulook

RICKY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

choubenz wrote:
RICKY wrote:

et bien wa dim nan ki djazz Arly jwe Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes al met ko-w on kote tande hater

Arly=Nulook

Gazzman=Nulook

Yo, ou komanse ap fe'm depeste djaz sa wi ou mem. moun paka ouve bek yo mem de djaz sa. tuipppppppppp

choubenz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

RICKY wrote:
choubenz wrote:
RICKY wrote:

Arly=Nulook

Gazzman=Nulook

Yo, ou komanse ap fe'm depeste djaz sa wi ou mem. moun paka ouve bek yo mem de djaz sa. tuipppppppppp

I am not gonna go back and forth with u today bro-----back to the topic Wink Rolling Eyes

jeancelestin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

congrats to nu look! bon bagay!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARDS! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: