KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

2008 GROUP OF THE YEAR KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARD WINNER IS.......
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARDS!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: 2008 GROUP OF THE YEAR KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARD WINNER IS....... Reply with quote Back to top

*LAST YEAR's winner was T-VICE!

*PART 1 is a short resume from us about what went down

*PART 2 shows you the number of votes + WHO voted for them on the 50 Member panel.

*PART 3 are some of the QUOTES from members of our panel FOR THAT CATEGORY.

The award goes to NU LOOK!

ANALYSIS:
*We can't really say it was a surprise. NU LOOK according to most are at the top of the HMI mountain with 2008 coming to an end. Popular CD, Hit songs, as well as they bring people to their bals. It was that kind of year for NU LOOK. The 50 Member HMI panel agrees, as I am sure most people will as well. NU LOOK...CONGRATULATIONS.

*VOTE BREAKDOWN

1) NU LOOK 28 Votes
Richie, Roberto Martino, Mickael Guirand, Kamikaz, DJ Rey, Mia Lopez, Katalog, Misty Jean, Ronnie Dee, Ti Michel Tropidisc, Patrick Fabre Gabel, Nandy Konparezon, Hip Magazine, Reshka Fos Baron, Sanders Harmonik, Armstrong Jeune Dola, Kaliko, Junior Vaval, Elie Lapointe, Money G 5 Etwal, Richard Cave, Alex Thebaud Carimi, Ti Eddy Viau Vice, Bertho Productions NY, Herve Bastien, Kenny Desmangles, Fanfan Epave Gabel, Dano Gabel, Jude Severe Zenglen, DJ Bobby Jam.

2) BARIKAD CREW 8 Votes
DJ Superduke, Theo Jadotte Kreyol La, Alan Cave, Josminah, Ti Lionel Benjamin, Berto TEMPO, Olivier Duret Vice, JBeatz.

3) T-VICE 4 Votes
Jeff Policard, Icon Graphics, Narah Timmer of DBon Productions, Micky Rafrechi.

4) CARIMI 3 Votes
Papa Jube, Jean Max Valcourt of Dola, Foolish Brothers.

5) KREYOL LA, KREZI 1 Vote
Kreyol La Vote: Elie Lapointe
Krezi Vote: Cedric of Rafrechi

*QUOTES (Some Quotes from our panel members)

+MICKAEL GUIRAND: "Nu Look has been the band to beat this year... They have managed to pull record numbers of people by themselves and no other band has been able to keep up with them... I dont know for next year but this year belongs to Nu Look hands down."

+ROBERTO MARTINO: "Since i can't vote for the Vice i will give it to Nu Look, they deserve it after releasing a very good cd and so far they are having a great year in terms of bal attendances etc.."

+RICHIE: "NU LOOK. NL Their album did it. Music again!"

+JEFF POLICARD: "T-Vice. Still on top in my opinion. Most disciplined band in the HMI in my opionion, they know the business inside out."

+ NARAH TIMMER of DBON Productions: "I would have to go with T-Vice. It's pretty obvious the their "Kite'm Viv" CD is still working very well for them. From having successful tours all year round to always being on top of the HMI news to having a phenomenal manager. T-Vice is not only on top of their game but they're also ahead of the HMI game."

+MIA LOPEZ: "Nu Look - they have proven themselves time and time again. There has yet to be a Nu Look party that I attend in Miami, Haiti, NY or anywhere else that hasn't been packed. These guys have a fan base that is incredible and they sustain in with their talent."

+TI MICHEL of TROPIDISC: "Nu Look. The most selling album as well as guaranteed money in terms of live performance. Can easily say that they are at the top of the HMI as we speak."

+SANDERS of Harmonik: "NU LOOK made a huge buzz in haiti for the summer nothing could keep them from packing all the bals simply amazing."

+KAMIKAZ: "As a promoter, if you would ask me which of the bands has more demands, more air plays,and more hits, my answer would be Nu Look. Pa gen Manti ladan'l."

+DJ SUPERDUKE: "BARIKAD CREW. This Groups had the biggest lost of any group in years in this industry. With he death of those members people started respecting the HipHop Creole movement more than ever."

+ALAN CAVE: "Barikad Crew. BARIKAD ...DOMAGE NEG SA YO TA PRAL FE YON MALHE NAN MAKET LA."

+JEAN MAX VALCOURT of DOLA: "CARIMI… is to me the Group of the Year 2008 for its strong presence and activities as much as the Haitian market and overseas with very successful performances. Their performances are most of the time “off the hook”, versatile, always trying new approaches."

+HIP MAGAZINE: "Nu Look may not have as many overseas gigs as the others, but their "comeback" factor was so strong that it overshadowed everything else. The band hasn't had a cd in a while and then came out with this very well received cd, coupled with a redeeming tour in Haiti (after their last debacle there) and their sheer talent as a whole...Nu Look is without a doubt this year's winner."

+NANDY GEORGES of Konparezon: "NU LOOK. Up to today they are the only one what will draw a crowd san grate tet..."

+RESHKA of FOS BARON Festival: "NU LOOK got this one based on reviews from their tours. Gwo Dajz devan leternel lol."

+CEDRIC of RAFRECHI: "I have to give this to Krezi mizik. After they have gone hrough, it's unbelievable!!!"

+MICKY Walker of Rafrechi: "T-VICE: When I think of "Band of the year", I think of the band that can constantly fill up venues and keep people coming. The band in HMI that consistently did that this year was T-vice...."

PANEL MEMBERS FOR 2008 KOMPA MAGAZINE MUSIC AWARDS WERE:

1) RICHARD CAVE (Carimi)
2) RICHIE (Zenglen)
3) ALAN CAVE (Zin)
4) ROBERTO MARTINO (T-Vice)
5) MICKAEL GUIRAND (Carimi)

6) MISTY JEAN
7) KAMIKAZ (Florida & Haiti HMI Promoter)
Cool TI MICHEL/TROPIDISC (Producer)
9) RONNIE DEE (Popular Montreal HMI radio personality)
10) JUNIOR VAVAL (Respected HMI Journalist & Festival MC)

11) NICKENSON PRUDHOMME (HARMONIK)
12) THEO JADOTTE (Kreyol La)
13) TI LUNET (Maestro for Gabel)
14) FOOLISH BROTHERS/RONY (HMI Promoter)
15) DJ REY (Stil and Backup PR)

16) PAPA JUBE (SOBS/SAK PASSE RECORDS)
17) KATALOG (Singer for Gabel)
1Cool JEAN MAX VALCOURT (DOLA Maestro)
19) KALIKO (INDYFEST/Producer/Club Owner)
20) JUDE SEVERE (ZENGLEN keyboardist)

21) ARMSTRONG JEUNE (DOLA)
22) ALEX THEBAUD (CARIMI)
23) JEFF POLICARD (SUAVE)
24) DJ BOBBY JAM (Popular N.Y DJ/MC..UNTOUCHABLES)
25) FANFAN EPAV (GABEL)

26) KENNY DESMANGLES
27) DANO (GABEL)
2Cool JAMES CARDOZO (T-VICE)
29) MICKY WALKER (Rafrechi)
30) JOSMINAH (Upcoming HMI artist)

31) MIA LOPEZ (Mia Media/Sakapfet.com)
32) ROBERTO "TEMPO"
33) HIP MAGAZINE (Shadine)
34) TI LIONEL BENJAMIN (KREZI manager)
35) ICON GRAPHICS (HMI Flyer/Musician)

36) OLIVIER DURET (TVICE)
37) JBEATZ (Hot HMI Producer)
3Cool PATRICK FABRE (GABEL manager)
39) NANDY GEORGES (KOMPAREZON/Krezi Rep.)
40) DJ SUPERDUKE (BELMIZIK FM/Popular Boston HMI DJ)

41) SANDERS (HARMONIK)
42) ELIE LAPOINTE (Djakout)
43) RESHKA/FOS BARON FESTIVAL (Hmi Promoter/Fos Baron Festival)
44) NARAH TIMMER (DBON PRODUCTIONS)
45) MONEY G. (5 ETWAL Vocalist)

46) FABRICE ROUZIER (Mizik Mizik)
47) TI EDDY VIAU (TVICE)
4Cool BERTHO ANELY (N.Y HMI Promoter)
49) HERVE BASTIEN (Florida HMI radio/Event personality)
50) CEDRIC (Maestro of RAFRECHI)

PS: They were NOT allowed to vote for themselves or their bands. ONLY when 2 MEMBERS OF THEIR BANDS WERE NOMINATED in the same category were members given the option to vote for ONE pick.

Last edited by kompamagazine on Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:32 pm; edited 2 times in total

jeancelestin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

THIS ONE, I DO NOT THINK ANYONE WOULD CONTEST TAHT!
GROUP OF THE YEAR, HANDS DOWN!
ONCE AGAIN, CONGRATS TO NU LOOK FOR A VERY FRUITFUL YEAR!

choubenz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

CONGRATS LOOK LA

KEEP IT UP GUYS

wallywal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

not really a surprise there
congrats.

DJ KOMPA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

CONGRATS NU LOOK JEAN BAPTISTE

GAZZMAN COULEUR:I want to be clear about one thing “I AM Nu Look”

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
daphnee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

CONGRATS!!! Very Happy Very Happy ...NO SURPRISE Very Happy Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nu-Look.

For me this was a GIVEN. Very Happy

LE PE VAG

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

CONGRATULATIONS LOOK LA, Antouka 3 KABES POU 2008 KENBE LA PA LAGE. KOMPA DIREK ANN ALE Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

CAP - PORT MARGOT

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haha, we all saw that coming, dyaz sa move tout bon vre. Congrats

TOTOVICE

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats to Look la !

TOTOVICE
BOSTON UNITED TOU TAN!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARDS! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: