KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

*2008 BREAKTHROUGH KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARD WINNER IS.........
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARDS!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mika. Like Berto said, you are one of the most versatile and talented front men in the industry. I know this is only the beginning of many great things for you. Very Happy

yef

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I went with Dener on this one, but Congrats to Mika. He's talented and deserves this award as well!!

MusiQ

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well deserved, Congrats!!

Dr.Mizik

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think this is more of a broke through artist of the year than a breakthrough. Better yet, it may simply be an achievement award, or a forgotten award. I find it hard to believe that Mika broke through in 2008. As a matter of fact, I refuse to believe that he did because that makes me very worry about the state of the HMI. If he is rightfully the breakthrough artist of the year, we need to take our music need to the infertility clinic or the menopause clinic. We are certainly not conceiving new artists or we are not recognizing the ones that have truly broken through.

Mika, consider this award as a well-deserved achievement award, not a breakthrough. “Better late, than never”. We all know that you broke through years ago....

Dr.mizik
Sincerely

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DR MIZIK

NOT SURE IF YOU READ THE NOMINATIONS when we posted it....This BREAKTHROUGH AWARD/nomination has to do with him BREAKING THROUGH as THE LEAD SINGER OF A COMPAS BAND. When KREZI announced that MIKA was their lead singer, MANY PEOPLE had doubts that Mika would be able to lead the band. By most accounts, that's exactly what he's been able to accomplish by proving the critics and fans wrong and BREAKING THROUGH in regards to that as a COMPAS SINGER LEADING A COMPAS BAND.

Thank You.

KM!

Dr.Mizik

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mr. Desvarieux,

Thanks for proving my point. Since the inception of the band in 2005, Mika has been proving the critics and skeptics, including me, that we were all wrong about him. He has been proving us wrong as early as the release of the band's first single " plezi gaye". Later, he again rubbed in our face with the release of the group first live album. As if that was not enough in 2006, he humiliated us ( the critics) during the group first carnival appearance. 2007 was probably the worst year for the fellow members of my prestigious critics club, the album, the carnival, the bals, the marketing, ect ….Do I need to say more....

You and the panel judges are welcome to believe that Mika finally broke through in 2008. I simply will not join the party. I'm sure there are quite a few KM members who will decline the invitation to join you and the judges in this breakthrough fiesta. I think if Mika is truly the recipient of this award, it is more of an achievement award, or a forgotten award, than a breakthrough award. And if all things considered, he is the only person worth receiving this award in 2008, Our music needs a trip to the infertility or the menopause clinic. Or maybe the judges need a trip to the PSYCH clinic—just kidding. Laughing Laughing

Sincerely,
Dr.mizik

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DR Mizik...Thank You for your input. You know we really value your input/opinion very much.

Anyway...CONGRATS TO MIKA.....THE BREAKTHROUGH ARTIST award winner.

KM!

ti-manmi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

congrats mikabenz you deserve this award big time Cool

muah xxxxx Razz Smile

islandspicey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats Mika!
Very well deserved...

speedy/kreyol la

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

CONGRATS MIKA YOU DESERVE IT.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARDS! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: