Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - 5 ETWAL'S NEW SINGLE "BEBAE"...LISTEN!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

5 ETWAL'S NEW SINGLE "BEBAE"...LISTEN!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D K Bess

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

camionmac wrote:
a la koté ti pep flatè
When ALAN CAVÉ and JAZZLA came out with their smash hit < fanm dous moin> a remixx of LIONEL RICHIE < stuck on you> nou té rélé bon bagay
konia kom sé T LINET, MONEY G, KING MAYA nou té gin tan wè jé yo rouje jé yo vèt jé yo maron
gin de moun bo icit la opinion yo pa gin valè paské yo prouvé ke yo pa gin crédibilité

This song has all the potentials to be a hit, it's catchy, simple, sweet, modern, different (not the same everyday konpabeat)
For the rap part I don't see anything wrong with it, it just has an haitian feel/accent over a carribean dancehall type of rapping,

for some reason I believe in the T LINET/MONEYG combo, they may not be the best musicians but they are smart ones, they already have 2 superhits in the resumé <pa levé main'w sou li> on SYSTEM BAND album and <ouve ke'w> in 1st GABEL cd this one could be their third one if rightly promoted

Wap swiv...
Si sé té ALAN la. Ou tap tandé HIT...
Mizik la bèl, kité étwal yo filé.... Wink

Evie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm.... Laughing Cool !!!!

"Si'l tro sek wa va soufle Shocked ....!!"

Well, well....ummm Laughing ...!!! I like this song but for a second there I thought they were going to get a bit XXXXXXX rated Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing !!!!!!!

MINGOLOVE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know if it's me or what. But I do not see anything wrong with the ragga part done by King Maya.

When Black Alkex had release his song "Men Medaj La" with Elephant Man, although Elephant Man's part was like noise-making and messed up the whole song, there was no complaint.

Adjeyyyyy!!!!
The views/opinions that I express on KM are strictly and solely those of MINGOLOVE, the HMEI personality, and should not be associated in any way with my membership in any other fields nor be held against me in any matter not related to entertainment.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
loulou

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Evie wrote:

Well, well....ummm Laughing ...!!! I like this song but for a second there I thought they were going to get a bit XXXXXXX rated Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing !!!!!!!

SE GRO KOZE WI, THATS WHY I LIKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKE IT Laughing Laughing Laughing

Evie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

loulou wrote:
Evie wrote:

SE GRO KOZE WI, THATS WHY I LIKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKE IT Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hmm...OKAY Laughing Laughing Laughing !!!!

camionmac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mistergentle wrote:
camionmac wrote:
a la koté ti pep flatè
When ALAN CAVÉ and JAZZLA came out with their smash hit < fanm dous moin> a remixx of LIONEL RICHIE < stuck on you> nou té rélé bon bagay
konia kom sé T LINET, MONEY G, KING MAYA nou té gin tan wè jé yo rouje jé yo vèt jé yo maron
gin de moun bo icit la opinion yo pa gin valè paské yo prouvé ke yo pa gin crédibilité

This song has all the potentials to be a hit, it's catchy, simple, sweet, modern, different (not the same everyday konpabeat)
For the rap part I don't see anything wrong with it, it just has an haitian feel/accent over a carribean dancehall type of rapping,

for some reason I believe in the T LINET/MONEYG combo, they may not be the best musicians but they are smart ones, they already have 2 superhits in the resumé <pa levé main'w sou li> on SYSTEM BAND album and <ouve ke'w> in 1st GABEL cd this one could be their third one if rightly promoted

This comparison you trying to make between Shedly and 5 ETWAL does not stand. Everybody knows what Shedly does on those Djazz la CDs. It's basically remixes of international smash hits with a konpa bit and haitian color. This is what we expect from Djazz la to deliver, this is what we expect from Shedly, and it's kind of fun. By the way, Shedly is a well established solo artist, which put him in a different category.

Now, if I'm not mistaken, that's the first single from THE BAND 5 ETWAL. People are waiting to see what the band is all about, what flavor and unique stamp it will bring to the Haitian music. A first single is a way for a new band to show how serious you are, an opportunity for them to grab as many fans as they can from the get go and built a solid and reliable fan base. However, you can't do that with a remix of somebody else's product. May I add with an extremely mediocre translation of the lyrics.

As I said, the song is catchy, but it will hurt the band's early reputation. Pa gen moun k'ap pran yo au serieux ak ti sa a.

Quote:
mistergentle
Everybody knows what Shedly does on those Djazz la CDs. It's basically remixes of international smash hits with a konpa bit and haitian color. By the way, Shedly is a well established solo artist, which put him in a different category

------ OH!! excuse me !! a well established solo artist like SHEDLY has the right and a licence to do remixxes but a not-too-well established one like T LINET or MONEY G can't? oh well!! that's new to me. I would love to read in that same book where you get those informations

Quote:
mistergentle
Now, if I'm not mistaken, that's the first single from THE BAND 5 ETWAL

------ Yes you're mistaken this is not 5 ETWAL first single

Quote:
mistergentle
an opportunity for them to grab as many fans as they can from the get go and built a solid and reliable fan base. However, you can't do that with a remix of somebody else's product

ooooh!! ok!! you're teaching me so much new stuff !! oooH! this is why the < Bidibidibambam > remixx didn't bring no solid and reliable fan base to T VICE ? han! konia'm konprann
Once again I would love to know in what book you read those rules

Quote:
mistergentle
People are waiting to see what the band is all about, what flavor and unique stamp it will bring to the Haitian music.

People? who you talking about? because the public's opinion is divided. The vast majority goes with the flow, they listen to music to enjoy themself, nothing more nothing less, once they like it that's it they don't care about who the composer is who the arranger is in which studio it's done or else . However there is a very little percentage of people who are self- proclaimed music critics who fall into that category of people you talking about and most of the time they always end up making the wrong predictions.

Quote:
As I said, the song is catchy, but it will hurt the band's early reputation. Pa gen moun k'ap pran yo au serieux ak ti sa a

Sé nan zafè pa pran bagay au sérieu sa ki fè rap kreyol ap kalé dada nou konsa la wi, moin su et certain le BARIKAD CREW té parèt ak remixx COUPÉ KLOUÉ <ban afèmm > lan nou pa't pran'l au sérieu.
You already say what's important to them is that their song is catchy and that's a big plus

ATTENTION POU'M PA PILÉ'W WI ZANMI

ILandfaces

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder if a band like Zenglen or any other bands were to release the same song with the same lyrists. How would the same people react to it?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
RICKY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There is nothing special about the song kit se Djakout, Nu look , Zenglen , Tvice or whoever would come up with that se yon seul rezulta li tap ye fre'm. a refaire

fahimata

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SE yon belle music li ye men li pa bien travail dutou, yo just mete'l deyo pou moun pa bliye yo se sa seulman wi, mezanmi eseye kompran sa ok, thank's guys (5 Etwal)

b-ray

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mwen sot tande l 2 fois la a, li pas fem ni cho ni fret. mwen penser neg ka fe beaucoup mieux.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: